• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem omega seamaster 300m vsf movement

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17
Guys I think I have a problem with this watch and movement ... let me explain ...
as soon as I bought it in early January as soon as I arrived it seemed to me that I couldn't adjust the time. as the crown, once unscrewed, made only one click and I could only adjust the date .. only after pulling with enough force the crown is unlocked going to make the click for the change now ...
since then the shots are made more easily.
however it is really inaccurate.
I'll explain:
it often happens that
I unscrew the crown and make the first click the second but it does not adjust the time anyway, I have to press it and pull it other times ...
once the time has been set, if I press the crown again to return to the date change this does not happen and I have to screw it back in and go to the date change click ...
in short, the crown has a really bad behavior, and it gives me the feeling that it is about to break at any moment ...
As if the various shots (date and time) do not take place exactly ..
for example when I'm on the click to adjust the date and I go to screw the crown back in, it doesn't go out of the date position and when screwing it changes the days ...
is this normal on an Asian 2824 movement?
or is it normal to feel these uncertainties on the clicks of the crown?

Kleineronkl

Supporter
Certified
10/5/20
Germany
I had the same problem with my Seamaster.. Send it to Domi my watchsmith. The keyless was broken. Repair would cost ca. 110€. But it will still be a Asian clone movement..so I bought a Swiss Eta movement and he changed it. He also changed Rotor and balance weel to make the fake look perfect. And now I have a reliable Seamaster.

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17
having the transparent caseback you would see the difference in movement with the gen .. I thought about it! pity because apart from this problem in 1 month of use it has not lost or gained even 1 minute ..

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17
are there watchmakers who can take a look? I also noticed that it only makes this problem when I go to adjust the time it is given after days of use .. once adjusted and pulled and closed the crown a couple of times it starts to work well, as if it were running in or unlocking ...

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
This is not normal for a A2824. Your keyless works parts are likely bent and not holding proper pressure. Things are slipping in and out of alignment. The metal used in the Asian movements is soft and can be prone to this.

The keyless works need to be rebuilt and either bent back into place or preferably replaced with ETA parts. The decorative plates, dial, hands, and date wheel need to come off to do this unfortunately.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
are there watchmakers who can take a look? I also noticed that it only makes this problem when I go to adjust the time it is given after days of use .. once adjusted and pulled and closed the crown a couple of times it starts to work well, as if it were running in or unlocking ...

I am not sure where you're located but there are a few experts on this forum that can probably help you out. If you're in the US, https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists/oascom-watch-services

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Rep 2836/24 parts are inexpensive and cheaply made but should still function close to a gen. A properly working keyless assembly should provide distinct popping to each position with a solid click and no dragging or mushiness. But it's not uncommon for these part to not work like they should and I have had to swap in different parts many times to get a combination of parts that play well together.

You can go the cheap route and buy all the keyless parts, or you can just buy a better movement like a Seagull or a gen (Selitta or ETA).

https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000539278559.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.4000539278559&

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The keyless was broken. Repair would cost ca. 110€

Wow, 110 euros to repair a keyless works ?

That must be the solid 22 carat gold diamond encrusted keyless works rebuild I've heard so much about.

Reactions: ericocean

LewisJ

Horology Curious
25/3/20
Hey, I am having a similar issue. My VSF doesnt keep good time, and was stopping/starting. I sent it to a watchmaker to fix the issue, (also for around 100 GBP). Now its working again but the crown clicks when I move it (didn't happen before) any ideas on the issue here?