• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster 300M VSF - Domed Lume Indices

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
I've been holding onto a VSF Seamaster 300M in white for about 3 months now.

One thing that I cannot figure out for sure:

Are the lume indices on the rep slightly more domed than the gen?
(also slightly less white)?

I keep trying to pull up gen pics to compare, in some gen pics the lume indices appear almost entirely flat, in others, it looks extremely domed.

Example of gen pics that look flat -> https://www.chrono24.sg/omega/omega-seamaster-diver-300-m--id18023286.htm
And an example of gen pics that look VERY domed AND yellow -> https://www.chrono24.sg/omega/seama...--012021--white--fullset--neu--id18167498.htm

Finally, my own VSF below.

Thoughts?

VAhN3D.jpg

VAhibF.jpg

VAhF9U.jpg

VAhSjr.jpg

VAhY68.jpg

VAhhMI.jpg

VAh7S3.jpg

VAhdAo.jpg

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Yep domed markers is one of the flaws.

Lume color though, some VSF batches got it right. Some look more green/yellow than others for sure though.

The other flaws would be the CG and crown area. I think either the CG has to be more "over wrapping" the crown or the crown has to be thinned. And the bracelet endlinks aren't exactly one to one to gen.

To me overall, I can accept these flaws and enjoy mine.

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
Were there different batches of gen Seamasters though? Some of the Seamasters seem to have very white lume while others seem to have yellowish lume.

Or could it be simply differences in light, lume activation, and editing?

perrotte524

Supporter
Certified
11/12/19
I was just at an AD and could’ve sworn that one of the white dial seamaster 300m was a rep. The lume was incredibly yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Literally who cares if gen is domed or not. Why even bother to learn the difference. No one else outside this thread knows the difference or has the time and inclination to bring them up to speed with such superficial flaws that are only relevant to a a few hundred rep forum members internationally. The reps is lovely. Absolutely amazing quality. If you like the look of it, just buy it and enjoy it. Forget this silly business of going well outside your way to deliberately try and pick flaws that are simply academic at best. That’s how you ruin reps for yourself

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I was just at an AD and could’ve sworn that one of the white dial seamaster 300m was a rep. The lume was incredibly yellow.

This is interesting because I do see some pics of gens with yellower lumes too. I do think it's the lighting.

My VSF isn't pure white either but it's pretty much white in 99% of lighting situations. I would love to go see a gen in person one of these days.

Silvire

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
25/8/15
Yeah, I think ill have to stop by an Omega boutique to see it in person!

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I dont think there are different VSF batches. The markers are all too greenish/yellowish on all these VSF reps.
Its only that in some pictures you can not see a big difference (white balance of the camera?), but in real life the difference is very obvious imo.
Especially noticeable on the white dial version.

Zyncfingers

Looking Around
24/10/20
Ive ordered my seamaster from geektime and it does look a bit yellowish, then I saw Hontwatces "version" wich on photos looks crisp white. Deffinitely you get a difference when taking phozos with different mobile cameras and maybe adding white balance or some other thing.... hope when my arives isnt too much yellow.

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17
the thing that is very noticeable is also the written seamaster .. on the replica it is more orange while in the gen it is a darker red ..

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I was in the London Omega store, for this reason. They had 2 grey dials on one rubber, the other on a bracelet.

One dial had flat indices the other was slightly domed, both a clean white. I pointed it out and asked whether Omega has made a change, the guy had no clue what I was talking about!

Last edited: