• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Info mod seamaster 300m vsf white dial

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17

hello everyone .. given the goodness of the replica of the new seamaster 300m made by vsf .. i was wondering if it was possible to start a mod with original parts .. in particular dial, bezel and insert, hands and lastly bracelet ... are available ? or is it too new to have original spare parts ?? what is the case number ??

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
To be honest, I have not seen too many Omega Seamster 300m spare parts here in the M2M section. Nor I have seen them that often at watchuseek. I think you can find a gen bracelet/rubber strap, but IMHO these are not necessary. The only two things I would change to gen, would be dial and insert, but I haven't seen any on ebay/wus/here. The thing is that Omega has really limited supply of spare parts to the market a couple years ago

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
What's interesting is based on looking at photos, OMF seems to have better CG than VSF (although OMF case seems a tad bit thicker and HE valve area looks a bit worse). If someone were to go franken and replace the dial to gen, etc., I wonder if starting with OMF might be a better option.

One more thing is, OMF lugs do not seem to take VSF bracelet. Perhaps it won't accept gen either.

Personally I am happy with my VSF V2 ootb, despite the few flaws it has. To me these flaws are pretty insignificant.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
One mod I wish I could do to my VSF is either reshape the CG to match gen or make the crown thinner.

If the crown sticks out less from the CG, VSF would look much closer to gen.

VSF:
Z8bqHv.jpg

GEN:
Z8bI11.png

Last edited:

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17
I have recently purchased my vfs! how to check if it is the latest version available (v2)? the bracelet is the last xosa I had in mind to replace .. I wanted to do the dial and bezel first

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I have recently purchased my vfs! how to check if it is the latest version available (v2)? the bracelet is the last xosa I had in mind to replace .. I wanted to do the dial and bezel first

If you post a Pic, I can tell most likely. V1 had wrong pearl case shape and wrong bracelet. Also the balance wheel in the movement was gold instead of black.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Supermansimon

Yours is V2 and it's a nice batch with white numerals (some V2s had green-ish markers). Your bezel alignment looks better than mine as well. Bracelet is V2 also with wider mid-links.

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17
they are not green but not even perfectly white .. I am surprised that they were whiter again, maybe it's just me who am impressed. each bike is a beautiful example .. but I would like to collect the gen parts in the meantime and then do a franken .. only really I can't find anywhere gen parts of this model

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
they are not green but not even perfectly white .. I am surprised that they were whiter again, maybe it's just me who am impressed. each bike is a beautiful example .. but I would like to collect the gen parts in the meantime and then do a franken .. only really I can't find anywhere gen parts of this model

In addition to the color, the lume on the markers are too domed on the rep. Gen is domed too but it's flatter. If you can source a gen dial (and can fit it - no clue of it would be direct fit without modding) it would be a nice upgrade. Just need to then somehow take care of the CG. I wish I didn't know about this CG shape/size flaw. I cannot unsee it anymore lol.

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Just need to then somehow take care of the CG.
Hahah, I still don't see the CG difference. I mean, ok, I see it on pics, but comparing my gen to rep, there is literally 0 difference in the CG area. Period. No discussion here at all. The one and ONLY flaw that drives me crazy is the domed hour markers. This is something that I can't unsee hahah

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Hahah, I still don't see the CG difference. I mean, ok, I see it on pics, but comparing my gen to rep, there is literally 0 difference in the CG area. Period. No discussion here at all. The one and ONLY flaw that drives me crazy is the domed hour markers. This is something that I can't unsee hahah

Haha that's actually good to know. And I won't say more (and live a bit more happy lol)

Supermansimon

Known Member
15/9/17
nobody knows the price directly from the omega dealer ?? dial and bezel ??
Unfortunately, there are none of these new references online. the bracelet alone is found and we are around $ 400-700

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
there are none of these new references online
That's what I wrote above, you can't just walk in and get these parts anymore. The entire Swatch Group (including Omega) has a strict restriction policy on selling parts to external distributors. You would have to walk in the AD and say something like: "hey, I'd like to buy a gen dial for my fake Omega, do you happen to have one?"

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
so is it impossible to find gen parts for these new references?:nottalking:

Omega followed Rolex and completely closed down external parts availability.

Ordering the rubber strap for my gen black dial involved taking the watch to the AD while they took the serial number which then had to be emailed to Omega before the sale could be authorised.

Even with the correct information, they still managed to send a strap for an Aqua Terra by mistake.
The AD took pity and removed one from a model they had in stock and deducted £50 as a goodwill gesture.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: sukwonee

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Vsf rubber is great, very close. Their bracelet is good too. You could always get it reworked if really want to. I did buy a gen clasp. VSF dials are so close not even worth changing IMO anyways. Also, the lume looks surprisingly green on Gen too. The AD looked at me rather incredulously when I instinctively started combing over the watch with typical RWI scrutiny lol. I think I subconsciously thought it was a rep? Idk.