• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

shortlegs

31/5/19
From what I undertand, chinese people are not interested in the speedmaster, so no manufacturer really makes the effort to make a high quality product. I would be curious to know the proportion of asian buyers vs rest of the world.

This.

The speedy is a big big deal especially in the US due to being the 1st country to the moon and all that. Ans also because US based media is the most prevalent worldwide. But outside of USA, the whole space thing is of much less appeal, especially in Asia.

manuelmay

6/12/18
This.

The speedy is a big big deal especially in the US due to being the 1st country to the moon and all that. Ans also because US based media is the most prevalent worldwide. But outside of USA, the whole space thing is of much less appeal, especially in Asia.

In Europe the space thing is really appealing. I'm not so sure about Asia, btw they've launched their Lunar Program too

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hello Folks,

I'm looking for a good manual winding Speedy replica. What models are worth considering at TD's?

bigasahouse

Horology Curious
2/5/09
Hey all- does anyone know where the cheapest option for the Speedmaster rep can be found? I’m ok with quartz or manual. Thank you all so much!

DOLEX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/19
Miami, Florida
Sorry for the reviving a relatively dead thread, but I'm interested in sourcing some straps for a Speedmaster. All recommendations -- for both OEM steel and others -- are appreciated.

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I know that there aren’t very many options for an accurate Speedy Professional moonwatch with a manual wind.

That said, are the reps of the more “modern” Speedys any good, such as the Dark Side of the Moon series, or the automatics? Do any of those have accuracy that rivals the Seamasters and Planet Oceans?

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I know that there aren’t very many options for an accurate Speedy Professional moonwatch with a manual wind.

That said, are the reps of the more “modern” Speedys any good, such as the Dark Side of the Moon series, or the automatics? Do any of those have accuracy that rivals the Seamasters and Planet Oceans?
The 2 sub dial versions which are the thicker ones, they look okay but are too overpriced.
How is the 38mm manual wind version? Is 14mm too thick?
Haven't seen a 38mm rep moonwatch, was there any? 14mm usually is the standard thickness for chronograph watches

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
None of the reps have accurate subdial spacing unfortunately.

Gen:
675cfc6601e53f67e420209880e389db.plist

f5cd8f54853f4ff46382d6b089d0d7d2.plist

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
Would there be any interest from Gen owners in buying replica dials of popular LE models (45th Apollo 13 Anniv Silver Snoopy for example) for a gen 1861 movement ?.

I’m talking with Angus from pure time to see if we can get one of our rep factories to make a batch of replica dials that will fit the gen movement/case. Our rep factories already make the Apollo 11 45th, Apollo 13 45th, Speedy Tuesday, etc. for the ST19 in pretty good quality (though with obvious wrong measurements) so it shouldn’t be too difficult to get them to port over some of that know how / experience into a dial fit for a gen speedy.

Parafireboy

29/9/20
Has anyone taken a chance on the U1 Factory one on AliExpress? $77 with discount. I don’t have huge expectations at that price point, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world of it were disappointing. Thinking about giving it a try. Still debating whether to do that or just spend better money for a better one from a TD.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Has anyone taken a chance on the U1 Factory one on AliExpress? $77 with discount. I don’t have huge expectations at that price point, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world of it were disappointing. Thinking about giving it a try. Still debating whether to do that or just spend better money for a better one from a TD.

Imho at that price point all reps are crap. Save your hard earned money for gens or for reps of a better quality. To each his/her own ofc.

Reactions: Parafireboy

Parafireboy

29/9/20
Imho at that price point all reps are crap. Save your hard earned money for gens or for reps of a better quality. To each his/her own ofc.

I appreciate the advice. That's kind of what my gut was telling me. I figured there was a reason that the ones from the TD's are much more expensive than most on DHGate of AliExpress.

Last edited:

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I think at this point the phylida, age girl, bliger, corgeut, and the alpha homages are the best of buck purchases for anyone looking for that speedy look and feel

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Parafireboy