• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

correllian G

Known Member
31/1/19
Does anyone have photos of the Speedy Tuesday OMF Version 2 they could share? can only seem to find V1 photos and I'm wondering if V2 has white subdials...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
How is the stainless steel bracelet on the Speedmaster MoonWatch OMF V2 ? I have a gen speedy to which I'd like to add a SS bracelet :) [h=1][/h]

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Or could someone confirm that the lug width of the OMF is 20 mm since the engravings indicates something else... :)?

Alan_Schall

Horology Curious
12/2/20
How is the stainless steel bracelet on the Speedmaster MoonWatch OMF V2 ? I have a gen speedy to which I'd like to add a SS bracelet :) [h=1][/h]

too bad these reps are so bad. went also gen and the bracelet just rips my hair off.

would love to see a speedy rep one day. in the apollo 50th version. favourite watch of all time tbh

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Still waiting for a decent rep, look at how rushed that new 007 SMP is, heck shamelessly they made it in SS case and mesh bracelet pssshhh

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
Hi Guys,
I love the Speedamster and I wonder why the Rep Industries are not able to fix clear flaws about this omega model. They would have lot of requests on it. I'm very disappointed!!

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Hi Guys,
I love the Speedamster and I wonder why the Rep Industries are not able to fix clear flaws about this omega model. They would have lot of requests on it. I'm very disappointed!!
It's because they couldn't replicate the gen soeedy movement which brings about that specific gen dial layout and distancing, more towards the center

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
It's because they couldn't replicate the gen soeedy movement which brings about that specific gen dial layout and distancing, more towards the center

Sure. But they replicate a lot of great movement as daytona Rep that I think is at the "same level". btw maybe one day

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
Sure. But they replicate a lot of great movement as daytona Rep that I think is at the "same level". btw maybe one day

I agree they can probably replicate the movement easily, the Daytona movement has been repped. Even the Patek Philippe 324SC movement has been cloned paving the way for Aquanauts and Nautilus. I don’t think it’s ability to make one, it’s probably just demand. Rolex and Patek stock moves faster.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I agree they can probably replicate the movement easily, the Daytona movement has been repped. Even the Patek Philippe 324SC movement has been cloned paving the way for Aquanauts and Nautilus. I don’t think it’s ability to make one, it’s probably just demand. Rolex and Patek stock moves faster.

Also remember that the GEN watch goes for 3K€... I think it's more of a price point issue, would you buy a REP version at ~700 USD?

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
Also remember that the GEN watch goes for 3K€... I think it's more of a price point issue, would you buy a REP version at ~700 USD?

Hi,
If you think in this way so you will never buy a: Rolex 114300 REP neither Omega Seamaster REP, Neither Tudor Blackbay Rep....
And most of all not all the speedmaster versions are 3k priced :rolleyes:

Last edited:

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15

Yes probably you are right but reading just on this forum i've seen lot of interested customers! Let's hope they will do it

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Yes probably you are right but reading just on this forum i've seen lot of interested customers! Let's hope they will do it

Developing a copy of a movement costs several hundred thousand of dollars and the factory that wants to make it, as collateral, needs to buy upfront thousand of them...On a side note, the forum represents a tiny fractions of the rep factories sales

Reactions: immortalchef

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
Developing a copy of a movement costs several hundred thousand of dollars and the factory that wants to make it, as collateral, needs to buy upfront thousand of them...On a side note, the forum represents a tiny fractions of the rep factories sales

Hi, Sure! I'm according to you it's not cheap. But if in this forum we are hundreds of interested customers i can't imagine how many other thousand of people will be outside.
Anyway I don't think that a clone movement could cost Hundred Thousand dollars. They can buy a Gen and replicate it in every single part so they don't need to draw it from zero and study tollerances and weights. It is not as easy as i write but i think that the all procedure can cost at the end 30.000-40.000$. Just for talking

Reactions: jcher

bninenine

Looking Around
27/3/20
Toronto
If you read the Patek 324SC clone movement channel you can see it took them years and two factories to manage to clone the moment. The cost of this was in millions not hundreds of thousands. Also demand on RWI probably makes up 0.0001% of watches sold. These watches are cloned for domestic markets not for forums. The Chinese market has more demand for Rolex more than any Omega

marcsp2675

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/19
I'd love to see a great Speedy rep. I'd sell my Gen because it dosen't get enough wrist time to warrant $3k of my collection. Would buy a good one in a second.

Bibitaro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/20
Rome
Hi guys, after research into the forum, I read many issue about moonwatch rep:

Distance in the dial, bracelet and moviment at the first...

I find an offer from a friend, JHF winding Chrono new at 300$ (the same about Intime TD at 268$+as)
What do u think about this option and actual model?

Ok it will not a perfect rep, but at this price (from photos) could be a good watch rep.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI