• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

WilburTWildcat

Horology Curious
11/6/18
:( with Marvellous out of stock, does anyone know of any other TD selling the same mechanical Moonwatch for a similar price? (~$200)

Bummer, right? I asked him if he knew when he'd have it back and didn't receive a response.

Silix actually looks like they carry this watch as well at a higher price. I contacted them about adding a stainless steel bracelet, which they could do, but they did not have the skeleton caseback available at this time.

I reached out to WatchFinder and they found a rep, but the dials and crystal were quite flat.

So, in summary, I've got an order out to someone who is a non-TD, but the cost is closer to $300. Feel free to PM me for info. I'll post pics if/when it arrives. :-D

Lilo72

Horology Curious
15/6/18
Bummer, right? I asked him if he knew when he'd have it back and didn't receive a response.

Silix actually looks like they carry this watch as well at a higher price. I contacted them about adding a stainless steel bracelet, which they could do, but they did not have the skeleton caseback available at this time.

I reached out to WatchFinder and they found a rep, but the dials and crystal were quite flat.

So, in summary, I've got an order out to someone who is a non-TD, but the cost is closer to $300. Feel free to PM me for info. I'll post pics if/when it arrives. :-D

Wow, please do post pics when it arrives! Will PM shortly, thanks for all the info!

WilburTWildcat

Horology Curious
11/6/18
The watch arrived! I'm happy with it, flaws and all.

X-Post from Non-TD Review Area: TrustyTime Omega Speedmaster Professional
p3J4RwFh.jpg

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
:( with Marvellous out of stock, does anyone know of any other TD selling the same mechanical Moonwatch for a similar price? (~$200)

Its out of stock with the factory for quite some time so it should be out of stock everywhere. Unless a dealer just happens to have one, but its very doubtful.
​​​​​​Just if you don't know, when you order a watch the dealer gets it from the factory or supplier. They don't carry much stock.
Dealers only carry stock of watches that are very popular right at this time.

Trocadero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/7/18
Been looking for one of those for my father aswell!

Taeke

Looking Around
4/7/18
After doing a lot of comparisons, I recently bought a Moonwatch rep from Toro. Very happy with it!
The sapphire crystal has the correct shape and the sunken sub dials look nice, aside from the incorrect placement.
I replaced the original bezel so that it looks a bit more similar to the real one.

5d9LajZ.jpg

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
Clearly I'm not a good photographer ...

My Gen in the middle flanked by my silver snoopy rep and Apollo 11 45th anniversary rep.

Both reps with the 6 o'clock frozen subdial mod.

Reactions: tecbarrera

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
Personally the subdial slaving doesn't bother me much ,it's only fault is that it is not true to gen. Proportionality speaking I think it is quite balanced where the gen is a bit too center focused. Ideally something between the two would work best esthetically.
​​​​​​
On the silver snoopy the bezel has a matte finish when chief straight on which is not true to gen but I forgive it. Later on I might try and apply some clear coat to give it a good finish but I'm gonna enjoy it some more as is first

Reactions: tecbarrera

baku3121

30/3/18
Hi guys, does anyone know which version is the best? Toro's 2013 limited edition, MarvellousReplica 200$ version, or the one with the sapphire crystal and no speedmaster text on it that every td seems to have in stock?
Please help guys, im stuck :)

Poonfluff

Known Member
4/4/18
Alberta, Canada
Im trying to buy a speedy tuesday quartz offf dhgate. Subdial spacing is much better than the hand wind version? Is this wise?

Non of the tds offer the speedy tuesday on quartz.

RanDee

20/9/15
Germany
Hi guys, does anyone know which version is the best? Toro's 2013 limited edition, MarvellousReplica 200$ version, or the one with the sapphire crystal and no speedmaster text on it that every td seems to have in stock?
Please help guys, im stuck :)

Need also some advice which one is the best. Thanks.

baku3121

30/3/18
Need also some advice which one is the best. Thanks.

After research i made, the best one is the one TORO and MARY has in stock, the FOIS numbered edition with sunken dials. But they're all out of stock :)

RanDee

20/9/15
Germany
Thanks for your answer. You mean the 2013ˋs Edition from Toro? I’ve compared several ones from Toro and intime, but don’t know which one I should choose ????

Tommastie

Known Member
Certified
18/8/18
I’ve checked with many tds and it seems that they don’t make the speedy snoopy anymore. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks in advance

Reactions: tobias14433