• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I've got myself a new gen 2022 speedy moonwatch professional 42mm and it comes with nylon strap which i preferred.

However, I'm thinking to grab a rep ss bracelet, just in the off chance I might wanna use it with a bracelet (unlikely but well..), so can someone point me in the right direction to which factory's bracelet would be in the contention for being a good buy?
Uncle seikos speedy bracelets are usually top notch aftermarket sought after by gen speedy owners, you might want to go ahead and try one

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reactions: AnExpensiveBracelet

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I've got myself a new gen 2022 speedy moonwatch professional 42mm and it comes with nylon strap which i preferred.

However, I'm thinking to grab a rep ss bracelet, just in the off chance I might wanna use it with a bracelet (unlikely but well..), so can someone point me in the right direction to which factory's bracelet would be in the contention for being a good buy?
Uncle Seiko speedy bracelet is the best aftermarket band you are looking for, sought after

Reactions: AnExpensiveBracelet

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
Uncle Seiko speedy bracelet is the best aftermarket band you are looking for, sought after

Thanks for the headsup! Looks pretty good, and prices are very affordable too.

Pretty strange their 3861 bracelet doesnt fit the new 3861 model yet, will continue to monitor though.

VeErik

Horology Curious
24/10/21

Search for uncle seiko

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
700 usd for a fake 6 subdial and a flat dial instead of the 3d effect....

Not even close to gen and 700 usd!

lucedixul

Looking Around
25/4/19
Hello everybody
I am a noob but I would like to buy a SPEEDMASTER MOONWATCH BLUE DIAL ON BLUE LEATHER.
Who recommends me the best rep at the moment?

lucedixul

Looking Around
25/4/19
I have read conflicting opinions, but I am not a perfectionist.
OMF, BF factory..to my inexperienced eye they all look ok..

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
I just ordered this one : https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=19693
(and I can live very well with the sub-dials away from the center)

sub-dials away from the center this is problem for OCDs, you will not get any better than this close to the original any time soon people have been withing for years.
so it is this one or go buy the original now original is going up like a 1K per year for the last 2-3 years.
I have this one for about a year now just changed with a black omega leather strap (the bracelet is total crap) and I am fine with it the movement is very good on my ruining like +2-3 seconds per day and fully winded getting 54 Hrs. of PR.

Reactions: esquisse1

esquisse1

Renowned Member
21/8/12
sub-dials away from the center this is problem for OCDs, you will not get any better than this close to the original any time soon people have been withing for years.
so it is this one or go buy the original now original is going up like a 1K per year for the last 2-3 years.
I have this one for about a year now just changed with a black omega leather strap (the bracelet is total crap) and I am fine with it the movement is very good on my ruining like +2-3 seconds per day and fully winded getting 54 Hrs. of PR.

Thanks for your comment. I had thought of taking a gen, but it's 5000 € (or $) used and I find it excessive. I looked at the prices of 2017, we could find some at 2500/3000 €, there, it was possible but not at 5000. I think the OMF speed will make me happy and I don't care if it's not an original, my ego will support it very well

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Do you know if HRF is working on the Moonwatch ? They made a speed racing which looks interesting...

tokeinokoibito

Horology Curious
2/8/22
i was thinking of fetching a speedmaster after my seamaster rep purchase but i read around rwg and reddit that reps have a hard time mimicking the chronograph of the speedmaster :(

Reactions: Anaanis

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
Does anybody have a link to a decent quartz cheapie from Aliexpress or DHGate or something? Everything seems to be using these weird 44mm cases now.