• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
There is one, OMF, but of course it is from the factory instant Tell. And it's 17mm thick.
Half agree but the issue is its thickness and the sub dials looking like a pair of eyes that are far apart if you know what I mean

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Slam89

Certified
16/7/20
Way Up North
Hello All,
I just pulled the trigger and bought a GEN Speedmaster. I would like to buy a quartz REP to display in the box the watch came with. Anybody have any ideas where I could find one. I see them pop up occasionally on the M2M, but I have been too slow to grab one.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Hello All,
I just pulled the trigger and bought a GEN Speedmaster. I would like to buy a quartz REP to display in the box the watch came with. Anybody have any ideas where I could find one. I see them pop up occasionally on the M2M, but I have been too slow to grab one.

$100 VK quartz from dhgate
then you will have a way to set the time on the good one.

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
I think it is the same issue as with most speedy reps - incorrect subdial spacing plus subdial at 6 acting as hour hand.
i hope one day there will be finally a good moonwatch rep available…

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I think it is the same issue as with most speedy reps - incorrect subdial spacing plus subdial at 6 acting as hour hand.

They got the Daytona’s right now we need the speedy.. I think they’d sell like hot cakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

neothehacker

Horology Curious
18/11/19

Are you sure? Have you seen the pictures? Looks fine to me. Anyway, you're more experienced than I am. I ordered one anyway. Hope it's a good one.

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
I had it at home few weeks back. It is a nice watch, quality, look etc. However those two things - subdials spacing not correct and subdial functionality different compared to the gen are something I can't live with :) So only two options for me: 1. get a gen, 2. wait for a good quality moonwatch rep - so far not available (believe me it would be my no. 1 rep to get and I already had 3 in my hands and all are sold now). There are many discussions about this topic and I think the main issue is that so far no rep company was able / interested to develop moonwatch type of movement.

Anyway if I'm wrong and anyone is aware of a good moonwatch rep please let us know - I will immediately get it ;)

Reactions: neothehacker

PotatoFury

Looking Around
6/5/22
Anyone? It's my first time buying a rep, seller says it's from VS Factory, so I need some quality check on this one. TIA!

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Anyone? It's my first time buying a rep, seller says it's from VS Factory, so I need some quality check on this one. TIA!

Sorry to burst your bubble but it is still not quite there man, thick, sub dials are far apart, bracelet is the old version.

IMHO the Pagani PD1701 speedy is the one to get or the alpha speedmaster

VeErik

Horology Curious
24/10/21
This one seems like the first one with correct subdial spacing.
Unfortunately (for me) it is a snoopy, and not the moonwatch.
What do you think? Speedy with 7750 movement...
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...a7750-mod.html

Does anyone have any info if this would be available in the "moonwatch" edition?

10 minutes later...I think it looks better, but still not as it should be. But better than the OMF versions?!?

Last edited:

JTSWE

19/2/17

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
This one seems like the first one with correct subdial spacing.
Unfortunately (for me) it is a snoopy, and not the moonwatch.
What do you think? Speedy with 7750 movement...
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...a7750-mod.html

Does anyone have any info if this would be available in the "moonwatch" edition?

10 minutes later...I think it looks better, but still not as it should be. But better than the OMF versions?!?
Yes still not yet there mate, the price is steep!
Id rather get a V3 Pagani Speedmaster with new updated dial and hands at 80 bucks but that's just me

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
I've got myself a new gen 2022 speedy moonwatch professional 42mm and it comes with nylon strap which i preferred.

However, I'm thinking to grab a rep ss bracelet, just in the off chance I might wanna use it with a bracelet (unlikely but well..), so can someone point me in the right direction to which factory's bracelet would be in the contention for being a good buy?