• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
looks nice, i decide to go genuine but not the original with manual but with updated automatic coaxial movement first was going to go with the reduced but 99 of them are running like +/- 20-30 seconds per day.
trying to decide which one of this 3 to get they are all chronometers and can be found for around 3K.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
looks nice, i decide to go genuine but not the original with manual but with updated automatic coaxial movement first was going to go with the reduced but 99 of them are running like +/- 20-30 seconds per day.
trying to decide which one of this 3 to get they are all chronometers and can be found for around 3K.
The first one looks like a Ladies' version isn't it?
I prefer the second one.
Third one is too sporty.
For me I'd like to get a white dial speedy.
Cross between casual and sporty look.
Just 3k? I'd wait when things normalizes, perhaps the crazy prices might go down, cross ????

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
The first one looks like a Ladies' version isn't it?
I prefer the second one.
Third one is too sporty.
For me I'd like to get a white dial speedy.
Cross between casual and sporty look.
Just 3k? I'd wait when things normalizes, perhaps the crazy prices might go down, cross ????

thanks for your comment, yesterday i was at omega boutique and have in hand the 38, yes it say for men but was in the ladies section LOL the new racer was too large and they don't have any of the 40mm racers but i read some people are disappoint it from this 40mm racers in hand they look good but the quality in hand is much poor compare to other omegas.
i try the 311.30.42.30.01.005 and is amazing on the hand.
will try to find better price on 311.30.42.30.01.005 and forget about any other speedy

Neptyle

Horology Curious
12/9/21
Hey guys, I am new to the forum, I was told to post in here. I'm looking for the best replicas of this watch, I'm still not sure which bracelet should I go for, I know it depends on my taste but what would you guys go for? But yeah, really having a difficult time finding the best replicas, I only have a friend with some knowledge about watches and he's telling me that according to the description, some sub dials might not even be working. And also the water resistance seems to be very small, 30M, for a watch, according to him, specially on a replica, can easily get damaged while washing your hands or whatever.

Please help me out guys, just trying to get started, learn, and looking to get my first watch as soon as possible, I love this one.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hey guys, I am new to the forum, I was told to post in here. I'm looking for the best replicas of this watch, I'm still not sure which bracelet should I go for, I know it depends on my taste but what would you guys go for? But yeah, really having a difficult time finding the best replicas, I only have a friend with some knowledge about watches and he's telling me that according to the description, some sub dials might not even be working. And also the water resistance seems to be very small, 30M, for a watch, according to him, specially on a replica, can easily get damaged while washing your hands or whatever.

Please help me out guys, just trying to get started, learn, and looking to get my first watch as soon as possible, I love this one.

Don't expect to get a totally satisfying Pro Speedy rep. Save for a gen. Meanwhile look at this.

Neptyle

Horology Curious
12/9/21
Don't expect to get a totally satisfying Pro Speedy rep. Save for a gen. Meanwhile look at this.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've been reading bad things about bad replicas. Any reason why? :/ I'm thinking of giving up this replica due to reps being bad. Is there a good replica for the Rolex Yatch Master Oyster Perpertual Everose?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've been reading bad things about bad replicas. Any reason why? :/ I'm thinking of giving up this replica due to reps being bad. Is there a good replica for the Rolex Yatch Master Oyster Perpertual Everose?

There are several gen watches from brands like Rolex, AP, Patek that are beyond my reach but their rep alternatives are NWBIG for me. NWBIG is a subjective thing but here you can find a consensual list of those super reps.

Regarding your question about the Rolex rep I recommend you ask it here.

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland

The reason is most of the times in case of speedmasters, the thickness. No Clone movement of the 321 Movement or whatever calibre you take on speedy. and the rep movement is almost double as fat:D

And for the yachtmaster everrose go for GMF.

ask Li (www.jtime.io)

Neptyle

Horology Curious
12/9/21
The reason is most of the times in case of speedmasters, the thickness. No Clone movement of the 321 Movement or whatever calibre you take on speedy. and the rep movement is almost double as fat:D

And for the yachtmaster everrose go for GMF.

ask Li (www.jtime.io)

Yeah it's such a shame. There's some other issues, but yeah, better to buy a gen whenever there's a good deal online. As for the Everose, I couldn't find any Everose for GMF, is that the factory's name?Thanks!

sK3LeTvM

Looking Around
17/8/21
Hi all, I've been trying to read all 79 pages. A lot of info, but unfortunately I could not find an answer to my questions. Since I'm a real noob, I have 2 simple questions :
Could some one post a link to a TD website with the best possible standard Speedy manual wind rep ?
There are so many watches on so many TD websites that I go kind of crazy.. ;-)

This is the gen :
https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-...professional-chronograph-42-mm-31130423001006

(I own a reduced speedy gen)

Secondly I found this one :
https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=535

While on the website it says : "This is the popular "Moon" Watch !" how can it be 36mm ??
I've been reading on dimensions in this thread, but that still leaves me in the dark..

Many, many thanks for helping me out and oh, if one of you guys should sell the best possible rep...let me know. (EU only plse)

(I recently bought a Speedy rep, but that case is 44m so it ended up in the closed.
THANKS.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
The second link you've posted looks to be a literal vintage rep perhaps from the mid 2000s if you can notice how the images are and the inaccuracies it has. We are yet to have an even worthy moonwatch rep, otherwise for now we only got the Speedmaster Racing as an alternative cure to that moonwatch itch.