• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
thy...i realized this fact some days ago - it all started when i became unsure that my genuine was a real genuine -now i am sure ;)
nevertheless i want to use the rep for daily usage

Happy endings :matty:

Btw, could you please post pictures of your OMG0036 when you receive it? I'm considering to possibly use the case of this particular model for my franken project and it would be good for me to have more pictures and dimesion data of it.

StefanH28

Horology Curious
22/3/21
grillbrill what do you mean with "franken project" ?

what i can surely offer is to send you private message with pictures - that is for sure - i am for the time not sure if it is a good idea to post pictures here in public forum

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
grillbrill what do you mean with "franken project" ?

In the rep world a franken project means building a watch from both gen and rep parts to improve the quality and/or the functionality of the replica watch or to create a fantasy watch according to the imagination of the builder. I think it is one of the most exciting fields of this rep game and posting about a franken project is mostly highly appreciated over here at RWI.

what i can surely offer is to send you private message with pictures - that is for sure - i am for the time not sure if it is a good idea to post pictures here in public forum

Thanks a lot. FYI Posting own real life / hands-on pictures of reps are highly appreciated on this public forum, too.

Reactions: StefanH28

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

jlcreverso

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
10/7/20
France
Hi
I have paid 200 AUD from a guy in Australia, and I replaced the insert by a gen one (60€). A gen insert makes all the difference.

Alefoto

Horology Curious
18/12/20
Sander008 StefanH28

Folks, unfortunately all mechanical Speedy Pro reps are way off regarding the subdial positions due to the Asian movements used. Should it bothers you, you should go on the gen or the (homage) quartz routes.

On the other hand, there are some acceptable reps of non Pro Speedy's, eg. https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...omega-speedmaster-racing-co-axial-chronograph.

does anyone know a quartz movement that respects the distances of the subdials of the gen?

Reactions: correllian G

JonesGx

Looking Around
9/5/21
Sander008 i ordered my OMG0036 now -- if u are interested i can provide actual pictures when i have it on hand

Hi Stefan, I'm interested in ordering a DSOM style from Trusty Time, and noticed it's relatively similar to your OMG0036 (to a novice like myself after some digging into it on the forums ha). Any chance you could send me dm me some pics as well as to how the watch looks when it's arrived and your opinion on it? I'm relatively happy with the QC pics on the site, so looking for an owner to give their opinion on a recent purchase.

Cheers mate :)

Reactions: Simonr_74

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
Bidding on a modern Speedmaster. Can anyone confirm if the replica bracelet will fit the gen? Not asking for speculation please - I could do that based on lug width. Anyone done it? Do the holes line up?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

adamz1111

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/21
Hi
I have paid 200 AUD from a guy in Australia, and I replaced the insert by a gen one (60€). A gen insert makes all the difference.

Where is a good place to find gen Omega parts? I read that compared to Rolex, finding gen Omega parts for franken builds is really difficult.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
Ad when the genuine used can be had all day long for 2000usd (and new grey market for 3500usd) pretty much anywhere in the world.

interesting, can you point me out where you can find used 42 moonwatch for 2000 USD?
i will like to have 2 and can pay right a way..............

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
interesting, can you point me out where you can find used 42 moonwatch for 2000 USD?

With the 3861 price bump the secondaries not there anymore

But check out the speedmaster broad arrow (not the re-edition) 3594.50 which should be around 2200 to 2400 trading level.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Those listings from japan over at chrono24, maybe by visiting Japan itself, with their used shops would get you such prices I believe so but COVID-19 is a beach and wouldn't let us travel so yeah

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk