• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300vsf v2

Ryanp1983

Horology Curious
3/10/20
Just took delivery of my seamaster from Ryan at intime and am more than happy with it. He even took 3 links out for me and its a perfect fit for my 7 inch wrist.
I had a question though and wondered if anyone else with the watch would know as there doesn't seem to be a lot about it, are these vsf's supposed to come with the red warning under the helium escape valve? Mine doesn't, I'm not over bothered but curious more than anything.
Another question, if the helium valve isn't fully functional, would it be water resistant at all? I know the advice on getting tested and I will, just wondered how tight the valve was, mine seems to screw down really well but I can still see some thread on the underside of the watch.
All said and done though, I'm really pleased.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
I don't know the answer to your questions but watch looks great. Finally vsf has fixed the yellow lume issue.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Looks good, how is the colour of the lume between the hands and markers, looks like they may have fixed the difference in this batch,

Ryanp1983

Horology Curious
3/10/20
I can honestly say I've no issue with the colour of the indices or hands. They both look to be the same shade of white. I've taken two pics, it's 10pm now and dark and these were taken with the light on and also with my shadow over the watch so you can see in and out of direct light. The earlier pics were natural sunlight. Seems really good.

Like I said earlier, I've got the watch now so there's no sending back, I just wondered about the helium valve. Would like to get it water resistant so that I can wear without thinking about it.

I'll follow up with a lume shot tomorrow if people still interested.

Substar

16/9/20
Looks great. I’ll happily buy another if the lume is now a nice white!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chronofrigger

Just one more watch, for sure this time.
9/6/19
United States

vsf's supposed to come with the red warning under the helium escape valve?

I just checked mine 2018 VSF v2 and it does.

Helium Indicator

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryanp1983

Rogers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/10
Is it me or is the color of the used lume more white then previous v2 models?

Ryanp1983

Horology Curious
3/10/20
I feel like such an idiot. After seeing Chronofigger's reply I had another go. It seems the valve was tight and I wasn't unscrewing enough. The red is showing now. What a muppet.

Just auto WB on the pics chaps but I can honestly say that lume is a really nice white. No cream or yellow tint at all. Another pic posted, 9am UK time, curtains drawn so no natural sunlight.

Reactions: Substar

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I can honestly say I've no issue with the colour of the indices or hands. They both look to be the same shade of white. I've taken two pics, it's 10pm now and dark and these were taken with the light on and also with my shadow over the watch so you can see in and out of direct light. The earlier pics were natural sunlight. Seems really good.

Like I said earlier, I've got the watch now so there's no sending back, I just wondered about the helium valve. Would like to get it water resistant so that I can wear without thinking about it.

I'll follow up with a lume shot tomorrow if people still interested.

thanks for taking the time, looks like this batch has sorted the lume issues, better order one before they mess it up again, nice dressing gown by the way looks very cosy lol

Chronofrigger

Just one more watch, for sure this time.
9/6/19
United States
I feel like such an idiot. After seeing Chronofigger's reply I had another go. It seems the valve was tight and I wasn't unscrewing enough. The red is showing now. What a muppet.

TBH, the "warning" ring is so thin as to be almost useless, just as useless as the valve itself for 99.9% of users. But it's a nice detail to match the gen. Glad you found it.

Reactions: Ryanp1983