• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Omega SMP - which specd is better

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
Which version of the same Omega SeaMaster Pro Co-Axial is the better watch. Both VSF

MOVEMENT: Asia Clone A8800 Omega Copy Caliber Automatic Movement with Decorated Rotor & Bridges/Plates like Genuine Omega Calibre 8800 (Updated with Black Balance Wheel)
CASE DIAMETER: 42mm
THICKNESS: 13mm
DIAL COLOR: White Ceramic Base Plate Dial (Wavy Textured) with Large Dot Markers (Blue Superlume Applied for the Dial markers & Green Superlume applied for the Needles)
CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316F
BRACELET: Black Rubber Strap with Tang Buckle
FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal with AR Coat (Swiss Standards)
CASE BACK: Display case back with detailed engraving (Serial engraved behind lugs at 7:00)
BEZEL: High Grade Black Ceramic Bezel (Uni-Directional) with Swiss Grade Platinum Coat on Numerals which will not fade
CLASP TYPE: Tang Buckle
DATE INDICATOR: At 6:00 Position (Adjusted via crown)
$368

VS

Size42mm x 13.5mm
MovementAsian 2824 automatic movement decorated to Omega 8800 movement, black balance wheel
FunctionsHours, minutes, seconds and date display
Case1:1 replicated solid 316L stainless steel case
CrystalScratch-proof sapphire crystal with AR coating
DialWhite wave textured dial
BezelUni-directional rotating black ceramic bezel
StrapBlack rubber strap
ClaspTang buckle
$338

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
First spec is Base Caliber Asia 2836-2

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
Different metal. Different movement 2824 vs 2836 316l vs 316f etc

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
Trying to figure out if the difference is enough for the higher price or not. Is it worth the extra $$

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
Just found an OM Factory with 2836 and 316f for $100 cheaper. Is VSF that much better than OM? To be fair the OM is on special.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Dont assume the discriptions on AD websites are 100% accurate. Why would VSF make the exact same model watch in two different metals and two different deco movents. Not sure what 316f is? I think trusty’s discription of it being a 2836 is the accurate discription. They are the same watch from VSF. Get the cheaper one

Reactions: brycrob

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Vsf is best but has a 2824 base movement and not a 2836. Taken 3 apart and all were that spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rotellapesante

9/6/20
there is a topic, I don't have the link but I had read it, on the problems of the decorated Asian clones in case of problems. it would be better to find a super clone without decoration bridges, imho.

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
there is a topic, I don't have the link but I had read it, on the problems of the decorated Asian clones in case of problems. it would be better to find a super clone without decoration bridges, imho.

Interesting. Thanks for the advice

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

Super clone of that movement doesn’t exist and it’s easy to just swap in a gen eta if required into the vsf.

rotellapesante

9/6/20
with my little experience, I try to recognize the various asia-eta movements by the presence of plates milled to cover the movement itself to decorate it as gen. the clones normally do not have milled plates to cover and have the adjustment racket on the rocker arm because they do not use the same materials. this, given my little experience in replicas, may not be true for everyone. I seem to have seen vfs movements more similar to clones than with the cover plates that are obvious asia-eta. I like learning from those who know more.

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
They do make a clone of the 8500 but the 8800 in the Smp is a deco plate version unfortunately and a pain to remove as it’s a dial off job and you can only regulate the base 2824 before it’s reassembled as it covers the arms.