• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: Omega Seamaster 300m Ceramic 2019 43.5mm VSF (lots of pics)

Max_smith1942015

Horology Curious
4/7/20
Thanks so much for this review. May I know what's the difference between the V1 and the V2? I've googled searched and even searched this forum but to no avail. And on puretime's website there's no update on what's the difference between V1 and V2.

And if there's anyone with a V2, can the V2 also be said to be a super rep on the wrist and first class ++ and nwbig overall like V1?

Reactions: micksmith1987

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Thanks so much for this review. May I know what's the difference between the V1 and the V2? I've googled searched and even searched this forum but to no avail. And on puretime's website there's no update on what's the difference between V1 and V2.

And if there's anyone with a V2, can the V2 also be said to be a super rep on the wrist and first class ++ and nwbig overall like V1?

Initially the only difference was an extra strap added in place of the nato strap, but apparently there was a new batch of V2 that had some issues with print quality on the dial. This review was about the V1 - I have not seen the V2:(

Max_smith1942015

Horology Curious
4/7/20
Initially the only difference was an extra strap added in place of the nato strap, but apparently there was a new batch of V2 that had some issues with print quality on the dial. This review was about the V1 - I have not seen the V2:(

I see. Thanks. Do you know where can I find more information about the print quality issues on the V2 batches?

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Wow, that's a great thread, thanks for your time and effort! You've really nailed it with your observations. It looks perfectly acceptable on your wrist. What is the tiny tell? :) Is it the slight misprint on the dial ( text and logo not perfectly centered between the waves)?

I would say he still got a V1, the misprint is not like on the new batch.

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Any idea when a V3 or a fix will be sorted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
good review sir.
Appreaciate. I think i could just get this piece to ease the rep bug bite

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
Great review, I just got a deal I couldn't turn down on the gen so just got it- tried to hunt down the rep but no luck now vsf is no more.
looks to me like the hands are straight brushed whereas gen is more complex sunburst like and the markers are also brushed- not sure if the rep is??
you ain't seeing any of that without a loupe though!!

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
Beautiful finishing
aab5c25987d47810c2867960e5d3e14e.jpg
5d7cbf36268c15ef12070980d73e3358.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: k4jun

Orlinski

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Perfect rep. Have it and can testify all written above. Just amazing. V1, basically no objections.
Bought gen Black Black as appreciation to the brand. It is same, but all black ceramic everywhere, glossy, matte and rough.
Sort of understatement.
Wouldn't say it is better looking or more exclusive, just a very nice combo of ceramics.

Last edited:

ShotsFired

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/19
I have the v1 and the crown will no longer screw into the case. I never over tightened it and never felt and pressure on it. Anyone know if it’s repairable and if so, how?

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
I have the v1 and the crown will no longer screw into the case. I never over tightened it and never felt and pressure on it. Anyone know if it’s repairable and if so, how?

Maybe the Tube has becoming loose. Common Problem with Ceramic cases. The Tube can be re-glued if Not damaged

Last edited:

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
My dealer has this in stock now. I thought they were long gone. Do yall think it is a V2? They Black Black and Black Gold also available.