• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can we order replica parts from TD?

Mrpong

15/9/19
Can we order rep parts (such as, to be specific, ceramic bezel insert of Seamaster 2018 42mm and Panerai crownguard from VSF factory)? Usually will trusted dealers accept the order like this? Thanks

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
It’s not up to the TD.
It’s wether or not the maker is willing to sell spare parts. ARF as an example doesn’t sell his daytona dial alone, because they know people would stop getting their daytona to just buy their dial to be put on a noob base watch.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
You can order some bits only, mainly bracelets, movements or inserts (such as CF) , and this depends on the TDs.
But most parts, reps and gens, can be found on platforms such as Ebay.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

wiselink

Horology Curious
27/3/18
I started buying copies of the same watch from the same TD because it is too much of a pain to source the parts from the TDs. So, I own duplicates of Omega super reps. One gen bezel costs as much as one super rep of a watch anyways.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
You can order some bits only, mainly bracelets, movements or inserts (such as CF) , and this depends on the TDs.
But most parts, reps and gens, can be found on platforms such as Ebay.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

I dont think you can get replica parts on ebay, they dont allow blatantly fake items for sale.