• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC help] — VSF v2 Omega Seamaster 300m — blue

dex13ter

Looking Around
18/7/19
Hello,

This VSF v2 Seamaster is my first rep purchase; I just received QC pictures from Fat Panda (who's been great so far!).
I know I can't expect the watch to be perfect (for example, I knew about the yellow lume), but still, there are some flaws that bug me:
  • 9 hour marker seems crooked to me
  • bezel is misaligned
  • lume uneven on 3, 6, 9 o'clock markers? — I might be nitpicking here
Edited by Staff.

QC pics
QC video

Last edited by a moderator:

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
You are seeing things, this is the greenlight watch.

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
Watch looks great, I’m impressed with the level of QC pictures and video, I don’t know Fat Panda, do you have a link to his website

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Your specific questions are fine but you are not allowed to ask for “any other feedback.” The watch looks great. You are going to have a hard time enjoying this watch (and life in general) if you nitpick everything. Accept it and enjoy it for what it is.

dex13ter

Looking Around
18/7/19
Thank you for the replies. I will GL the watch and enjoy it as much as I can.

You are going to have a hard time enjoying this watch (and life in general) if you nitpick everything.

Of course you are right about me nitpicking too much, I am aware of this and it's exactly why I asked for help here. Otherwise I would never GL a watch on my own, I would always find flaws :(

I don’t know Fat Panda, do you have a link to his website

Tim (Fat Panda / Watchfinder) is a trusted dealer here. I chose him because of the great reviews he got here and on Reddit. So far, he’s been quick and easy to deal with, he offered triangle shipping to Poland and got me the watch I wanted with an additional rubber strap — all at a really good price. QC pics are of high quality as well.

I hope the rest of the transaction goes just as smoothly :lol:

Touliloup

Horology Curious
3/2/20
I have the same one in black and QC pic look just fine to me. Lume on the VSF v2 will always be a dead giveaway, it's not specific to your specimen.
The 12 o'clock markers seem to be parallele and well placed, which is often a problem on this model.
The bezel seems to be a tod misaligned, but that might be only depending on which position the bezel was clicked before the photo. And honestly, I've seen some gen with misaligned bezel (just check Omega official photos, some seems misaligned: https://www.omegawatches.com/fr/watches/seamaster/diver-300-m/gents-collection/product

dex13ter

Looking Around
18/7/19
Yes, I was aware of the yellow lume from the beginning. It's a shame but who knows when v3 will come out and if they'll even fix the issue.

You're right, 12 o'clock markers are well placed on my piece, I'm really happy with that!

Tim was kind enough to send me another picture of the bezel, it looks much better from this angle:

The watch will be shipped out today and I should receive it in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: bpr8507

Alex22

12/2/18
It seems very nice. But do other TDs also send videos? P.S. when I decide to make the first purchase is it possible to post photos of the QC here on the forum to ask for help if you have doubts? Should you ask a moderator first?