• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Diver 300M - Frankening and Collecting Guide.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
This is totally an expensive trial and failure that I did so guys pay attention.
BP case assembly isn't worth it and never ever buy or start with this watch as a base for a franken.
I am now that wounded/zombie lab rat that confirmed this failed experiment LOL

adamz1111

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/21
Not sure if this is the right thread since technically not a 'franken'. Does anyone know if you can replace the ORF Bezel/Dial with VSF V2? Love just about everything about my ORF, its just that the bezel and dial are a bit dark compared to gen, and I would rather get the lighter VSF alternative that provides more of a sunburst similar to gen.

LeDon

Looking Around
4/2/21
Hey fellas.
Awesome thread here! I am searching for a very good rep of the waved dial quartz in blue or black, whatever is closer to rep.

Any seller suggestions? Thanks in advance

Best

Reactions: jcagara08

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Hey fellas.
Awesome thread here! I am searching for a very good rep of the waved dial quartz in blue or black, whatever is closer to rep.

Any seller suggestions? Thanks in advance

Best

Welcome on RWI.

To my knowledge waved dial quartz 300m models were not repped.

Reactions: LeDon and jcagara08

gixxer22

Supporter
Certified
9/8/21
Germany
Has anybody a Crown and Tube for a Diver 300 VSF. Cant screw in the crown anymore?!

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
i might have some rep crowns from the JB 50th anniversary Noob factory...no clue if it would work. i bought a generic tube from Jules Borel to fix the issue. I might have some gen stuff...i need to check. PM me.

LeDon

Looking Around
4/2/21
Welcome on RWI.

To my knowledge waved dial quartz 300m models were not repped.

Thank you!
very sad. Would be way easier to create a triple A rep compared to those co axial movements.

Fraist

13/5/21
Germany
Do you know where i can find the MK case? Is still available for purchase or only from second hand?

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Do you know where i can find the MK case? Is still available for purchase or only from second hand?
Bosshua007

It's gonna be an expensive adventure mate, you've been warned...

But totally worth it!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Fraist

13/5/21
Germany
Bosshua007

It's gonna be an expensive adventure mate, you've been warned...

But totally worth it!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will check there.

I have found a 2531.80 dial in good price and I started thinking about the project.

I already have a Gen ceramic SMPc but I always wanted 2531

HoomamM

Horology Curious
8/11/18

I Found A Local Seller Nearby Me Who Is Selling Me This Omega Seamaster 300M Am Thinking To Buy Pardon Me For Any Mistakes I Have Question Down Below This Is Gonna Be My First Rep Ever

Questions
- Is This Close To Similar One Not Asking In Depth I Mean Are Looks Identical
- Exactly Which Model Is This I Mean The One In Numbers IE 2220.80
- And One More Question I Have The Dial Doesnt Have ZrO2 Written Under The Hands I Mean Its Not On This Model Or Is This Missing And The Date Is Above 6 O Clock So Is It Where It Should Be
- Is This Worth Buying Seller Asking For 50 USD Good Enough For First Rep

Please Help Me Out Am Newbie :p

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
HoomamM;n1087792 Found A Local Seller Nearby Me Who Is Selling Me This Omega Seamaster 300M Am Thinking To Buy Pardon Me For Any Mistakes I Have Question Down Below This Is Gonna Be My First Rep Ever Questions - Is This Close To Similar One Not Asking In Depth I Mean Are Looks Identical - Exactly Which Model Is This I Mean The One In Numbers IE 2220.80 - And One More Question I Have The Dial Doesnt Have ZrO2 Written Under The Hands I Mean Its Not On This Model Or Is This Missing And The Date Is Above 6 O Clock So Is It Where It Should Be - Is This Worth Buying Seller Asking For 50 USD Good Enough For First Rep Please Help Me Out Am Newbie :P[/QUOTE said:
I guess the $50 is spot on there. Thats exactly what you will be getting, a $50 rep. This is not an accurate one so no one will be fooled by it. The bracelet is totally wrong and the bezel insert and dial colour is wrong. There are many other points as well. If it fits your budget and the watch is attractive to you, then by all means go for it. Just understand this is not a high end rep, but I am sure you know this already because of the price point

Last edited:

HoomamM

Horology Curious
8/11/18
I guess the $50 is spot on there. Thats exactly what you will be getting, a $50 rep. This is not an accurate one so no one will be fooled by it. The bracelet is totally wrong and the bezel insert and dial colour is wrong. There are many other points as well. If it fits your budget and the watch is attractive to you, then by all means go for it. Just understand this is not a high end rep, but I am sure you know this already because of the price point

Yes I Understood Can Ik Which Factory Makes The Best Omega SeaMaster The One Am Looking From And Which Website Should I Buy It From

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Yes I Understood Can Ik Which Factory Makes The Best Omega SeaMaster The One Am Looking From And Which Website Should I Buy It From

Hey man, your best bet is either VSF or ORF. Each has its owns flaws, but both are very good reps. There are threads on both of them in the Omega section. Go check it out. As for seller you can go the Trusted Dealer section and chose anyone. The are trusted for a reason. DO NOT buy from any other source.

Last edited:

Pflovee

25/4/19
US
Wow, this is an awesome post, thank you for all the information. Took me days to go throught everything