• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

LMPO V6 or VSF SMP 300

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Maybe not the answer you are looking for, but get both. I have both and love them. Just chose a different colour than the LMPO. They are quite different watches for me, even if they are both divers watches. LMPO is more subtle and the SMP more rugged for the lack of a better word. Bracelet on the SMP is wider so the watch has more presence on the wrist. I have a 7” wrist

Reactions: PunkRockDoc

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
It's too personal to say I am afraid. If you can get both and sell the one you like the least, go for it.
I own a LMPO and I had a VSF SMP 300 as well that I sold after few weeks despite the excellent quality.
I still wouldn't be able to suggest which one to buy.
The SMP is excellent, I didn't like much the bracelet and for a bracelet guy it is a decisive factor.

Don't underestimate the size. Imho the SMP wears slightly larger then the LMPO.
If you have a large wrist and you are used to big watches, the LMPO might wear a bit small.

PunkRockDoc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/18
Don't underestimate the size. Imho the SMP wears slightly larger then the LMPO.
If you have a large wrist and you are used to big watches, the LMPO might wear a bit small.

Do you feel it wears larger in height? Lug to Lug? Thanks all for your help. I might just buy both, especially since they hold their value so well m2m. I’ve got a 7” wrist, so the world is my oyster under 45mm.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Do you feel it wears larger in height? Lug to Lug? Thanks all for your help. I might just buy both, especially since they hold their value so well m2m. I’ve got a 7” wrist, so the world is my oyster under 45mm.

Lmpo is thicker but Smp has more wrist presence overall.
The difference is not so obvious though.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Yes, i mentioned that in my first message. The SMP does have more of a presence. I have a 7” wrist and both suite me very well. Theres now way i would be able to choose between one of them. Out of my 10 or so watches, these two are more in my daily rotation than all the others. Planning on getting another SMP as well as the one I have I think is a bit of a late Friday afternoon build and I missed some things on QC. Of the LMPO was in a different colour I probably would have opted for that as well. Both these watches are that nice.

Reactions: pippo

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
If you like ther size if a Rolex sub or an older Seamaster you will like the lmpo. For me, I felt the lmpo wore too small. I am much happier with the 2018 smp 300

PunkRockDoc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/18

well the market made my decision for me. Thanks everyone for the input, the LMPO is next.