• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aqua Terra 8500 or 8900?

Alex22

12/2/18
I have a few questions about the title model. I read the superrep list, there seems to be the AT 8500 but not the AT 8900, is it true? Is there a good rep only for version 8500? What are the defects of the 8900? Are the movements "reliable"?

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
I have a few questions about the title model. I read the superrep list, there seems to be the AT 8500 but not the AT 8900, is it true? Is there a good rep only for version 8500? What are the defects of the 8900? Are the movements "reliable"?

Hi mate, so both the AT8500 and AT8900 are excellent reps; the movements are good. Generally speaking, VSF right now offers the best Omega reps. However, with the 8900 there is one tiny detail that unfortunately is clearly visible and is an easy tell - the color of the hands pinion (top of it). On the rep, the top of the pinion is white; on gen it is the color of the hands. If you don't mind it, it is an amazing rep

Alex22

12/2/18
I can't see the flaw you indicated. is the color of the hands? in any case, this defect is not there in 8500?

maybe I understood the flaw you were telling me about. but is there only in the colored versions? if the hands are gray (as in the black dial for example) you do not see any defect, right?

Last edited:

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
I can't see the flaw you indicated. is the color of the hands? in any case, this defect is not there in 8500?

maybe I understood the flaw you were telling me about. but is there only in the colored versions? if the hands are gray (as in the black dial for example) you do not see any defect, right?

Yes, the black version seems to be free of this flaw - it is the colored second hand versions that suffer from it.

Alex22

12/2/18
isn't there a better rep between 8500 or 8900 then? I also read about a lower weight of the rep bracelet compared to the gen, is it true? I was unable to find a good comparison between rep and gen (where the weight and finishes of the bracelet are also compared)

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
I also read about a lower weight of the rep bracelet compared to the gen, is it true? I was unable to find a good comparison between rep and gen (where the weight and finishes of the bracelet are also compared)

I haven't handled the vsf bracelet but from what I see in the photos it seems that they are not on a par with the gen. Conversely, the VSF rubber strap is excellent - just like my gen one (SM300m)

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I haven't handled the vsf bracelet but from what I see in the photos it seems that they are not on a par with the gen. Conversely, the VSF rubber strap is excellent - just like my gen one (SM300m)

Alex22 I agree with the above. However, I bought a gen clasp and it made all the difference in the world to me. But I would go rubber strap if you fancy the look. Very comfortable as well.

Reactions: micksmith1987

Alex22

12/2/18
Alex22 I agree with the above. However, I bought a gen clasp and it made all the difference in the world to me. But I would go rubber strap if you fancy the look. Very comfortable as well.

I much prefer bracelets. but the difference of the gen and rep bracelet is a lot?
weight or quality?