• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

This Fake Omega Seamaster Is Unbelievable Watchfinder & Co.

Bossmaster1337

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/17
I think he's starting to realize that the rep world has more than just a "fake watch" on the Daytona video he said he wore it for the weekend and now with this, they're not exactly promoting the rep but not trashing on it either.

The "always buy from a TD or a reputable used seller" I 110% agree with (yes it's a bit of self marketing on their end) but nothing is worse than someone that sells a rep as a gen...

Who knows maybe he's on here reading the super rep list as we talk about his videos.....

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
It is VSF V2.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I think he's starting to realize that the rep world has more than just a "fake watch" on the Daytona video he said he wore it for the weekend and now with this, they're not exactly promoting the rep but not trashing on it either.

I thought this, really he could have got to town on it, like the nit pickers do here.
soI don’t believe he’s a member, someone he knows probably is though.

I think he talks about his honest observations, there’s no denying the reps are that good now. To pick up only on finishing in both videos can be attributed to the price difference. I guess his attitude Feeds into the ‘only buy from honest sellers like us’ theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: XLR8R

markrubyred

4/10/19
Owning the Seamaster 300 2018 V2 (Black Dial and Bezel on Bracelet) I now appreciate the attention to detail even more. My only concern is that VSF may view this video and raise their prices.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Owning the Seamaster 300 2018 V2 (Black Dial and Bezel on Bracelet) I now appreciate the attention to detail even more. My only concern is that VSF may view this video and raise their prices.

VSF was through all the past 4 years the most stable factory price wise - even with introducing the clone they didn‘t raise the prices like noob or AR for comparable things or even the introduction of 904L steel.

it is an interesting yet less and less appealing change in the rep world these days - and i don‘t think there is a definite answer in a dualistic way to determine if this is a good or bad thing.

However it can also push the factories to increase their standard even more judging by the progress of the past 2-3 years.

Reactions: stufuse

markrubyred

4/10/19
VSF was through all the past 4 years the most stable factory price wise - even with introducing the clone they didn‘t raise the prices like noob or AR for comparable things or even the introduction of 904L steel.

it is an interesting yet less and less appealing change in the rep world these days - and i don‘t think there is a definite answer in a dualistic way to determine if this is a good or bad thing.

However it can also push the factories to increase their standard even more judging by the progress of the past 2-3 years.

All valid and excellent points. Only time will tell moving forward, but 318K views of this YT in 4 days is a concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

JDnTexas

Known Member
20/11/17
I own this rep, and a 90’s Bond gen Seamaster. Both are magnificent.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

markrubyred

4/10/19
If you have two (2) monitors, play the YT video side by side and pause the gen on one and the rep on the other. I have dual 22" HD monitors and have viewed this video numerous times pausing to compare and amazed, as others have stated, on the details of the rep. If Watchfinder & Co. wanted to scare off anyone that was on the fence for a rep, they should have used a DHgate not VSF V2. I will not be surprised with over 370K views in a few days, OMEGA SA (The Swatch Group) can't be pleased, especially after paying huge marketing dollars to Clooney and Craig for endorsements. I am sure that The Swatch Group is getting blasted by purchasers of the gen and to crack down on the rep factories. As I stated before, only time will tell how this will play out. FWIW, I own both the gen and rep with black dial and bezel on the bracelet.and beginning to question my purchase of the gen.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15

I don’t think it would be a good idea to raise the price, it’s already sat around 10% of the cost of gen, any more and it’s not worth buying in my opinion

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I don’t think it would be a good idea to raise the price, it’s already sat around 10% of the cost of gen, any more and it’s not worth buying in my opinion

Indeed. Plus OMF did good job on those Seamasters too and they are already cheaper than VSF,
A nature of gen 8800 movement makes it as a tie - asian 8800/2836 is where VSF have no advantage over OMF movements.

This video is overhyped imo, flip the watch on the back and it is clear which one is rep and which is gen.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Indeed. Plus OMF did good job on those Seamasters too and they are already cheaper than VSF,
A nature of gen 8800 movement makes it as a tie - asian 8800/2836 is where VSF have no advantage over OMF movements.

This video is overhyped imo, flip the watch on the back and it is clear which one is rep and which is gen.
I'd beg to differ. VSF is worlds apart better with their SMP's than OMF. The OMF movement is shoddily decorated and the shock jewel is nothing like the gen.

Whereas the VSF looks clean and is the closest to being accurate to gen. I always look at the shock jewel to quickly identify VSF, followed by other details that quickly become apparent, and verify that VSF is clearly better than OMF in nearly every step.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcher

MathieuV

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/12/19
Where is the exact rep available from the video?