• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Speedmaster Date (it can be restored?)

Migueldef1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/17
Hi again, :)

in 2012 I bought a Speedmaster Date e second hand (do not remember if it was here or in RWG). It was not working, and when I bought it I already knew that. I don't know why it's not working, and you also can't know it fro sure just with pictures, however there is one thing that probably can give you some clues, the crown it's loose. I can fit it, it give a "clic", but I also can remove it.... :p

Beside that, the crystal it's to dark/yellow, can it be improved for a totaly clear crystal?

Some pictures above, I do think that it's of of the most beautiful Omegas, that why I want it working. :)

Regards,

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
It can totally be restored with a movement service and a new crystal. Probably you can fit a genuine crystal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Migueldef1

31/1/17
Sorry about my ignorance, but what is the cause for the keyless (my car have keyless, but for sure it's not the same :D :p )

I can make a movie, but when I insert the stem I have to make pressure, it make a clic and it's in. However with the stem in, the watch do not work. When I pull the crown, I also need to make the same pressure, makes a clic an then...is totally out.

Regards,

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Sorry about my ignorance, but what is the cause for the keyless (my car have keyless, but for sure it's not the same :D :p )

I can make a movie, but when I insert the stem I have to make pressure, it make a clic and it's in. However with the stem in, the watch do not work. When I pull the crown, I also need to make the same pressure, makes a clic an then...is totally out.

Regards,

To make it simple, the "Keyless Works" is the mechanism the stem manipulates when you pull the crown to change positions between setting the time and date. Depending on service costs, it may be cheaper to install a new 7750 movement.

Migueldef1

31/1/17
And now it’s fixed, with a new Breitling sapphire crystal and a gen Omega cordura strap!! :)

Thanks to the user from this forum for all the work done in the Speedmaster and in a CrPo.