• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 45.5mm Deep Gold

mac83

9/7/13
HI guys

This is one of my dream GEN watches , does anyone have a good review of it and if possible gen vs rep comparison, I know the bezel is still an issue but I think I may be able to live with it unless VSF has plans on changing it. How does the rest of the watch excluding the bezel compare to gen?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
The weight of the watch is the biggest difference. Besides that the versions I have seen are actually very good.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Do you have a picture of the watch you are calling “deep gold”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mac83

9/7/13
Bump
Anyone got any info guys would be much appreciated

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Mrpong

15/9/19
I also like this rep very much. It seems not popular probably because of 45.5mm size and incorrect bazel.

m800

Known Member
9/6/19
That bevel is absolutely terrible and not even close to gen.

mac83

9/7/13
Thanks guys for the info, will have to opt for another model I guess.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I’ve sold a few. I think it looks amazing. The fake gold weight is not an issue because it’s ceramic and is suppose to feel light....nobody has committed to memory how “heavy” a gen is suppose to feel. The strap isnt very good tho. Get your dealer to swap it for the rubber strap found on the non gold version of the watch.

Regarding the bezel, it’s close enough unless you want to flex it on social media and have fiends that compare gen vs rep pics on the internet all day. I can’t see an appreciable difference between VRf bezels and gen (and I actually own a gen steel po...unlike most that are commenting above)

Reactions: tech

mac83

9/7/13
I’ve sold a few. I think it looks amazing. The fake gold weight is not an issue because it’s ceramic and is suppose to feel light....nobody has committed to memory how “heavy” a gen is suppose to feel. The strap isnt very good tho. Get your dealer to swap it for the rubber strap found on the non gold version of the watch.

Regarding the bezel, it’s close enough unless you want to flex it on social media and have fiends that compare gen vs rep pics on the internet all day. I can’t see an appreciable difference between VRf bezels and gen (and I actually own a gen steel po...unlike most that are commenting above)

Thanks is for the info , let's see if a V2 comes out. I think for now a seamaster 300 might be the way to go.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk