• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
You need side by side , eyes not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes sure, but if you compare like 30 Pics in Sunlight there is a trend which is correct or not. And imo after comparing several pics in different situations, the gen is not that brown (like V2). Sure its not 100%.

We would need someone with a gen and V3/4

PaulRW

Horology Curious
15/11/20
Hi folks, I hope this is ok to post here and that I have understood the rules that QC pics can be posted with specific questions. I have ordered a v3/4 from trusty, Andrew has been very helpful and have got my QC pics through really quickly.

The bezel markers at the top of the watch align with the markers on the face, but on the bottom half they start to misalign with the marker at the '30' being most prominent. My question is: Is this an optical illusion caused by the angle of the watch (or the raised glass) and if the top half aligns they all should, or is this actually a QC problem. Many thanks.

freefallrlc

21/6/15
True, side by side in real life, ok. But if you want to do side by side on photos it´s almost impossible to get the brown shine right. The angle is very small and lying next to each other already different tone.
I was just wondering as the brown level on the V3 is much lower than the V2. Apart from the Gen likeness. the V2 almost looks nicer, more vintage with the brown tone and the with the deeper engraving less cheap.

Last edited:

freefallrlc

21/6/15
Hi folks, I hope this is ok to post here and that I have understood the rules that QC pics can be posted with specific questions. I have ordered a v3/4 from trusty, Andrew has been very helpful and have got my QC pics through really quickly.

The bezel markers at the top of the watch align with the markers on the face, but on the bottom half they start to misalign with the marker at the '30' being most prominent. My question is: Is this an optical illusion caused by the angle of the watch (or the raised glass) and if the top half aligns they all should, or is this actually a QC problem. Many thanks.

I had the exact same question when I received the QC pics of my first NTTD back then
But don´t worry. It´s because of the glass distortion. In real it looks fine :)

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
yes sure, but if you compare like 30 Pics in Sunlight there is a trend which is correct or not. And imo after comparing several pics in different situations, the gen is not that brown (like V2). Sure its not 100%.

We would need someone with a gen and V3/4

The brown does change quite a bit on my V2, I’m not sure how much the Gen changes but it looks mighty similar compared to Gen here before it was sold to me courtesy of
MrBurgundy

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...m-seamaster-007-edition?p=8916190#post8916190

Reactions: Carrick1

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz

Same V2 rep watch as above, unedited and showing the transition from brown to black.

Fulci2020

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/2/20
Germany
what a pity that vsf do not upgrade the nato strap. the black parts has to be brownish. and the grey parts has to be a bit bigger. the yellow part has to be a bit more golden imo...

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
The V3/V4's black/brown bezel is the same as the gen.

swgakasolsman.png

Reactions: Carrick1

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I've handled the gen a couple of times at the boutique. Naturally it wouldn't be right to be bringing in the rep to the boutique so I took a look at the gen closely, then I went home afterwards and looked at my rep. The colour of the bezel is pretty spot on when compared with my V2 rep imo and I was pretty impressed by it to say the least. I would think that it would be pretty similar with the V3/V4 as well.
Maybe those who owns the rep can try take a look at the gen for yourself at the boutique to be really certain. Scrutinise it, then go back and take a look at the rep in your hand. Because honestly though, pics can make the watch look different under different light etc, be it gen or rep.

49556465857_eb32f66e48_b.jpg

​​​​​​

Reactions: BOSSK and RobSe1

freefallrlc

21/6/15
I've handled the gen a couple of times at the boutique. Naturally it wouldn't be right to be bringing in the rep to the boutique so I took a look at the gen closely, then I went home afterwards and looked at my rep. The colour of the bezel is pretty spot on when compared with my V2 rep imo and I was pretty impressed by it to say the least. I would think that it would be pretty similar with the V3/V4 as well.
Maybe those who owns the rep can try take a look at the gen for yourself at the boutique to be really certain. Scrutinise it, then go back and take a look at the rep in your hand. Because honestly though, pics can make the watch look different under different light etc, be it gen or rep.

49556465857_eb32f66e48_b.jpg

​​​​​​

Inside boutique the light will act completely different from sunlight and normal at home again.
So far it apperas the truth is somewhere in between V2 and V3. The V2 is too brown, the V3 getting too less brown. Same with the numbers; V2 slightly too thin, V3 slightly too think. About the engraving depth, cannot tell. But V3 seems more accurate? Well, let´s keep hoping for a V5 with perfect bezel insert AND Titanium mesh XD

Last edited:

_leonardo_

29/8/20
To my untrained eye, my v3 seems absolutely spot on, and wearing it on my solid and durable ss mesh don't bother me: the watch remain very lightweight.
So in my opinion the better choice for me was the choice I made: the V3, with a reliable assembled stainless steel mesh strap.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobSe1

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Inside boutique the light will act completely different from sunlight and normal at home again.
So far it apperas the truth is somewhere in between V2 and V3. The V2 is too brown, the V3 getting too less brown. Same with the numbers; V2 slightly too thin, V3 slightly too think. About the engraving depth, cannot tell. But V3 seems more accurate? Well, let´s keep hoping for a V5 with perfect bezel insert AND Titanium mesh XD

I don’t think the v2 is too brown. That’s the one Mr Burgandy did the gen comparison with and there was no visible difference. When I got my v2 I struggled to find the correct lighting to get the brown, it’s so subjective to the lighting and I expect that the issue with the v3. Don’t know why they would change the colour when they had it spot on, all they did was thicken the bezel number (perhaps a tiny bit too much).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
So far it apperas the truth is somewhere in between V2 and V3. The V2 is too brown, the V3 getting too less brown.

Having had the V2 in hand with the gen in all types of lighting, I have to disagree—I certainly don't think it was too brown at all. The colour honestly looked spot on and was probably the thing I was most impressed at VSF for pulling off so quickly.

Reactions: Thrasher

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
How much time roughly do you guys lose with this watch and how often do you find yourself having to reset the time?

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
This guy is currently my favourite YouTuber when it comes to watch videos. Macro shots, descriptions, background music.. All his videos are worth a viewing. And I'm not surprised that his most recent video review of the No Time To Die watch is the best one yet! Check it out!

Cool video. Thanks for sharing.

I was surprised to the marks on the indices, we scrutinize our reps too much. Gens have their flaws “character” too.

Reactions: philiusmaximus