• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
It's the thickness of the new bracelet, which is noticeably thicker in profile closer to the watch than the previous mesh and tapers down towards the end. If he's wearing it high up on the bracelet where it's a few milimeters thicker, it would make a lot of sense that the clasp would have some trouble closing.

Yea, I’ve got 6.75” wrists so I wear pretty high up on the notches. Likely a quality issue. Here’re some pics of the clasp. It closes just fine and would be fine when wearing.

You can see that the locking pin doesn’t close all the way even when pressing in it.

d3aadaaebf59c46d2d92944e10c642aa.jpg

But the clasp still locks properly:
e9ee4b701b818034d9d5cdd9dfad9a7c.jpg

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
It's the thickness of the new bracelet, which is noticeably thicker in profile closer to the watch than the previous mesh and tapers down towards the end. If he's wearing it high up on the bracelet where it's a few milimeters thicker, it would make a lot of sense that the clasp would have some trouble closing.

That's exactly how it is on the gen I believe. They should've updated the clasp to accommodate the thicker part of the new mesh.

They should added a updated clasp right away :p

Exactly. Which is why I mentioned earlier that its poor and lazy on VSF's part to not update the clasp since the mesh is now slightly thicker than the V3 mesh. The current clasp worked just about right with the V3 mesh with just enough tolerance. So I can see why a thicker mesh won't work well with the V3 clasp.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Yea, I’ve got 6.75” wrists so I wear pretty high up on the notches. Likely a quality issue. Here’re some pics of the clasp. It closes just fine and would be fine when wearing.

You can see that the locking pin doesn’t close all the way even when pressing in it.

The clasp can still lock properly because the clasp locks here (circled) when it snaps closed. Away from where the pin flap is. So as long as the locking pin flap is folded down, even if it doesn't go in fully, it would still be able to close securely and wear fine.

50515328231_acf2364aa3_b.jpg

IMO they should update the whole clasp so the flap can close in fully and stay in place when the watch is removed. Its fine on my V3 mesh, but I can see why it won't work well with the thicker mesh of the 3.5. Hope that will all be fixed when they do it in titanium. If they do it in titanium.

Last edited:

Arachnoidosis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20

d3aadaaebf59c46d2d92944e10c642aa.jpg

e9ee4b701b818034d9d5cdd9dfad9a7c.jpg

On the plus side, that updated mesh looks spectacular. Looks like a tighter weave in profile and a better brushed finish :)

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Here's how the flap closes on my V3 mesh. As you can see, it doesn't go in fully either, but it's very tight and secure once it's in there and doesn't just flip open when I handle the watch off my wrist. I can imagine how it would have difficulty closing in fully if the mesh were thicker like on the 3.5.

50514670168_c2522deb3d_b.jpg

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Here's how the flap closes on my V3 mesh. As you can see, it doesn't go in fully either, but it's very tight and secure once it's in there and doesn't just flip open when I handle the watch off my wrist. I can imagine how it would have difficulty closing in fully if the mesh were thicker like on the 3.5.

50514670168_c2522deb3d_b.jpg

Yea the tolerances are different on mine unfortunately! When it’s folded in fully, it comes loose with just a tug. Again, it’s fine when the clasp is closed. Doesn’t bother me either way, since I can’t wear the mesh comfortably (my wrist shape and size leaves me in between holes)

There was a post in this massive thread about AR coatings but I can’t seem to find it. There is supposed to be an inner AR coating, right? I vaguely recall that someone had their crystal double coated? If my memory’s right, would much appreciate being pointed to the post in this thread...

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Yea the tolerances are different on mine unfortunately! When it’s folded in fully, it comes loose with just a tug. Again, it’s fine when the clasp is closed. Doesn’t bother me either way, since I can’t wear the mesh comfortably (my wrist shape and size leaves me in between holes)

There was a post in this massive thread about AR coatings but I can’t seem to find it. There is supposed to be an inner AR coating, right? I vaguely recall that someone had their crystal double coated? If my memory’s right, would much appreciate being pointed to the post in this thread...

I believe the one who posted his with double coating AR is a custom. He had it done.

The rep is single coated, just like the gen.

Reactions: keisuke_z

Batse

Looking Around
21/10/20
Hi,
I received my V3 last week. It is my first rep watch and my first self-winding movement. How long will your power reserve last? Today I noticed mine that has stopped after 12 hours, which surprised me.
Also the basel is quite loose.

I find the watch very beautiful and I really like it.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Received v3.5. Flap doesn't fully close/seat, but stays closed while on the wrist after the bracelet clasp was setup correctly.

Initially the bracelet clasp would continually pop open. Embarrassingly it was because I didn't remove the plastic film... Once all the packing film was removed, bracelet closes and feels very secure, no longer popping open.

Edit: My bracelet on the portion with holes seems slightly less flexible than the portion attached to the clasp. Maybe due to the riveted holes or the weave may be too tight now.

Last edited:

freefallrlc

21/6/15
Can one of the 3.5 owners say if the actual watch is the same like V3 or updated bezel insert?

_leonardo_

29/8/20
They are evaluating if make it available online...
I hope so...in order to view it with my vsf
2e44e9d71a574d8515eb86a189b97b9b.jpg
18ef8decb7d100fe1a2d0fdace1e8e9f.jpg

freefallrlc

21/6/15
To be honest, I rather wait and watch it in cinema. Won't be the same at home on small screen (for ridiculously high renting price)

Reactions: Carrick1

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
A pic I have captured on the old and current mesh pattern

current v3.5 on the Right

not quite there yet, especially since the material is different (obviously). but the v3.5 definitely is a step up in comparison to the previous bracelet versions

for comparison, see the gen
7462662dccbd4025d6c35d97faf2a36f.jpg

ead1035601fd81b900d47102ffedacd6.jpg

fec183f6d195287438ac02f8c4b1d479.jpg

Reactions: Rolorin