• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

WatchWork

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/19
Man, at first I was very underwhelmed by this 007 version. I don't know why, maybe the understated color palette and "dull" color of titanium?

However, after a couple of months I actually find it very attractive and outright classy. This is actually my favourite "Bond Omega". Just wish it was 40-41mm though.

Anyway, I can't afford the real deal so I've decided to try out a rep.
​​​​​
The only thing holding me back is I'm uncertain how well this 007 titanium can be replicated. In my eyes it is fairly more complex than a e.g. Submariner.

The 007 uses grade 2 titanium. The bezel is oxalic aluminium and it is hardened to ~500 vickers (normal aluminium is around 200-250 vickers) and it also has a titanium bracelet.

Do we know the grade of the titanium used in these reps? Also, I don't expect that the alu bezel is treated in any way so how well will it hold up?

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Man, at first I was very underwhelmed by this 007 version. I don't know why, maybe the understated color palette and "dull" color of titanium?

However, after a couple of months I actually find it very attractive and outright classy. This is actually my favourite "Bond Omega". Just wish it was 40-41mm though.

Anyway, I can't afford the real deal so I've decided to try out a rep.
​​​​​
The only thing holding me back is I'm uncertain how well this 007 titanium can be replicated. In my eyes it is fairly more complex than a e.g. Submariner.

The 007 uses grade 2 titanium. The bezel is oxalic aluminium and it is hardened to ~500 vickers (normal aluminium is around 200-250 vickers) and it also has a titanium bracelet.

Do we know the grade of the titanium used in these reps? Also, I don't expect that the alu bezel is treated in any way so how well will it hold up?

I’ve worn daily for a few months now and the titanium case still looks perfect. The bezel has taken a couple ofdirect hits too and still looks perfect. I doubt it’s up to the exact same spec as Gen but it’s a high standard.

Youre right anout the titanium bracelet, that’s not yet been replicated, only in stainless steel and 7/10 in terms of accuracy.

Put it it on the nato and it looks great. Adding to that the fact mine is running within about a second a day accuracy although I don’t think that’s normal ????????

tomtadeus

31/3/15
Has anyone ordered the V3 NTTD offering from Trustytime with the fabric watch roll as yet?

I did, received it a couple of days ago. It’s a beautiful watch, the fabric watch roll is nice but in my opinion not worth the 100USD they ask for it if you buy it separately. Overall it of course completes the whole set as much as possible, but I can definitely live without it.

WatchWork

6/7/19
I’ve worn daily for a few months now and the titanium case still looks perfect. The bezel has taken a couple ofdirect hits too and still looks perfect. I doubt it’s up to the exact same spec as Gen but it’s a high standard.

Youre right anout the titanium bracelet, that’s not yet been replicated, only in stainless steel and 7/10 in terms of accuracy.

Put it it on the nato and it looks great. Adding to that the fact mine is running within about a second a day accuracy although I don’t think that’s normal ????????

Thank you for the information. That sounds really good!

As for the bracelet, what's the biggest flaws compared to gen other than it's stainless steel?

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Thank you for the information. That sounds really good!

As for the bracelet, what's the biggest flaws compared to gen other than it's stainless steel?

As a fit and finish the v3 is a pretty nice bracelet in its own right, it’s just visually the shape of the strands does not quite match the gen. you will see photos earlier in this thread.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
The watch has certainly exceeded my expectations. Nearing 6 months now, its held up really well. But i can't help but get reminded of the movie being constantly delayed whenever I look at it now. As a Bond fan, it's been a frustrating wait to see the movie.

50386883888_e4a50ec4f2_b.jpg

snoutwatch

1/8/14
If anyone has ad the opportunity to compare a gen to V3 I must share: I know this has been said 1000 times on this forum but a titanium band on the V4 is definitely needed. The stainless band is too heavy and the weight of it can create discomfort on the skin of one's wrist, particularly from the clasp. If it's too tight it hurts and if it's too loose it rubs. When you compare the head of the V3 versus the gen model it's very very difficult to tell the difference. The band can be spotted across the room, of course.

It's a shame this film was delayed yet again. The idea of a packed theater sounds inconceivable in this day and age; I challenge them to come up with an alternative in the era of streaming. i bet they could make more.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
The watch has certainly exceeded my expectations. Nearing 6 months now, its held up really well. But i can't help but get reminded of the movie being constantly delayed whenever I look at it now. As a Bond fan, it's been a frustrating wait to see the movie.

50386883888_e4a50ec4f2_b.jpg

Is that you Alan Partridge?

Reactions: Burt Macklin

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
I'm not sold on that pouch. Wouldn't complain for it being free though.

I agree, it's passable but you can definitely tell the difference in quality to the gen pouch/wrap. The "Omega" and "007" on the front have also looked dodgy (crooked, too low, too high) in every image of the rep wrap I've seen so far—how hard is it to have the logos centered?!

Reactions: Bonestorm19

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I agree, it's passable but you can definitely tell the difference in quality to the gen pouch/wrap. The "Omega" and "007" on the front have also looked dodgy (crooked, too low, too high) in every image of the rep wrap I've seen so far—how hard is it to have the logos centered?!

Welcome to the world of Chinese made replicas. Don't be surprised if there'll be different versions of the pouch as well later on as VSF try to get it to look close to perfect. But its good to have some subtle differences so they can be spotted in case someone out there plans on selling them off as the real one just to make a quick buck by cheating.

Last edited:

snoutwatch

1/8/14
The small, discreet pouch with the NTTD is a rather radical change in direction compared to the massive, multi-stage lock box of the spectre watch.

msdhills

10/3/16
This is a question for the Moderators, is there a sale section on this forum and when is user allowed to place items for sale? I have three watch straps, NTTD V2, V3 bracelets and NTTD Ti NATO which I would like to sell. But I wanted to make sure I follow the rules and so I thought I would ask first. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
This is a question for the Moderators, is there a sale section on this forum and when is user allowed to place items for sale? I have three watch straps, NTTD V2, V3 bracelets and NTTD Ti NATO which I would like to sell. But I wanted to make sure I follow the rules and so I thought I would ask first. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully, have you even looked before asking? There's a Sales Section link at the top of every page, between "Forums", "Latest Activity" and "RWI Help Desk", "Trusted Dealers". There's a sticky rules thread in there with all the info you need regarding sales.