• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Nsmanners

Horology Curious
8/4/20
Has anyone had issues with the second hand getting stuck? I have the V3 and the second hand will stop at the 50 mark but will start ticking again if I give it a little tap. Any ideas on how to fix this?

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Has anyone had issues with the second hand getting stuck? I have the V3 and the second hand will stop at the 50 mark but will start ticking again if I give it a little tap. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Need to open the watch and check hands alignment

Nezman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/15
Just received my V3 today, gorgeous watch in the flesh!! Some advice required, however, please. The rotor sounds as if there is a hamster inside!! So noisy feels like a sunday market watch. Second, lume is non existent. Only charges on the hour hand, nowhere else. IS there any point in contacting TD?? Thanks in advance.

freefallrlc

21/6/15
Just received my V3 today, gorgeous watch in the flesh!! Some advice required, however, please. The rotor sounds as if there is a hamster inside!! So noisy feels like a sunday market watch. Second, lume is non existent. Only charges on the hour hand, nowhere else. IS there any point in contacting TD?? Thanks in advance.

rotor is quite loud. also in v2.

Reactions: Seamusflood

fuzzmex

2/9/17

You can silence the rotor (or have that done for you).
The lume problem is a bit trickier to address.
Perhaps others here can share their lume stories? I.e. what is the lume like on your watches?

Reactions: Jasmer

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
How well does the SS bracelet blend in with the titanium case?

Really well imo. Of course I believe the gen titanium mesh is a lot more darker, but the contrast between the steel mesh and darker titanium case on the rep honestly doesn't look so bad in person.

50382411636_8bd460f64b_b.jpg

50382589657_79dd2758d1_b.jpg

Nezman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/15
You can silence the rotor (or have that done for you).
The lume problem is a bit trickier to address.
Perhaps others here can share their lume stories? I.e. what is the lume like on your watches?

Thank you for the replies. I am not so fussed for the lume, but would be happy to attempt to silence the rotor myself if you could please advise on how?? Many thanks.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Thank you for the replies. I am not so fussed for the lume, but would be happy to attempt to silence the rotor myself if you could please advise on how?? Many thanks.

Plenty of advise and vids to be found on that, it's not too difficult a horological task.
Just google it.
If you then think you lack the tools or skills, take it to a watch smith.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Good that you mentioned crystal. What's wrong with stock and is GEN also 2xAR? Thanks bro

What's wrong with stock?
It reflects to much and detracts from the dial.

Unknown if Gen is 2 X AR or 1 X AR but I own several modern Omegas including 2 x 300m Silver and Black and really a great crystal makes the difference , no rep crystals come close enough to gen for me.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
What's wrong with stock?
It reflects to much and detracts from the dial.

Unknown if Gen is 2 X AR or 1 X AR but I own several modern Omegas including 2 x 300m Silver and Black and really a great crystal makes the difference , no rep crystals come close enough to gen for me.

The gen is 1x AR too, as is the rep crystal. I've handled the gen and the crystal curvature, reflectiveness as well as the distortions is very close to how the rep crystal is. The crystal imo is very well done by VSF.

Reactions: freefallrlc

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Plenty of advise and vids to be found on that, it's not too difficult a horological task.
Just google it.
If you then think you lack the tools or skills, take it to a watch smith.

Don't these watches get Quality Tested before leaving for the customer? I would be amazed if a Watch-Smith would touch a replica Omega watch? This does puzzle me you are paying say £500 in total and a few have arrived with faults, if you brought something from eBay would you accept it? or Amazon? etc

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Don't these watches get Quality Tested before leaving for the customer? I would be amazed if a Watch-Smith would touch a replica Omega watch? This does puzzle me you are paying say £500 in total and a few have arrived with faults, if you brought something from eBay would you accept it? or Amazon? etc

Don't expect scrutinous quality testing.
Your TD is the important filter here, as are the QC pics you receive, but they are no help on a noisy rotor of course.
In my city (Amsterdam) I have found a commercial watch smith who handles replicas, as well as what appears to be a very good Dutch watch smith here on RWI Logixa .
Depending on where you live you shouldn't have a problem finding one.

Reactions: Thrasher

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands

hate to break your dreams (actually i dont :p ) but do not trust the movements in the rep watches when they come from a factory. I have only very rarely seen a movement that was clean and properly oiled in a rep that was new, even though it showed 0 sec/day deviation, 300 amplitude and 0 beat error. Im currently working on my own daytona who had these great numbers but I serviced it either way and found that it was dirty on a lot of places and too much oil on others.

If you buy a gen watch for 500, chances are that those are in much better quality than 500 dollar reps. The asian rep market is not about quality, its about quantity and looks.

Reactions: Thrasher

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
hate to break your dreams (actually i dont :p ) but do not trust the movements in the rep watches when they come from a factory. I have only very rarely seen a movement that was clean and properly oiled in a rep that was new, even though it showed 0 sec/day deviation, 300 amplitude and 0 beat error. Im currently working on my own daytona who had these great numbers but I serviced it either way and found that it was dirty on a lot of places and too much oil on others.

If you buy a gen watch for 500, chances are that those are in much better quality than 500 dollar reps. The asian rep market is not about quality, its about quantity and looks.

You shoudnt have mess with your Daytona. Im sure it wont work so good after servicing lol