• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Bezel update:

I’m investigating how a little tinkering might be able to sort this.

The culprit seems to be a weak retaining spring around the bezel inside.

A generic replacement is probably possible, seiko use this sort of mechanism.

MrBurgundy did you shift your V2? Or get any further on a raffle? Wondering if we clubbed together if we could use it as a bezel guinea pig

I love this rep and I’m thinking how good it would be with a solid bezel!!

Last edited:

CK13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/19
Texas
I would love to find out more info. about the bezel fix. I’m in the process of ordering a thicker gasket and sealant to make a more airtight seal.

Question for everyone, I’m dealing with some issues regarding the time. I have a V1 and it seems to look a minute over the course of a week. Does anyone have this issue or recommendations for winding?

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I would love to find out more info. about the bezel fix. I’m in the process of ordering a thicker gasket and sealant to make a more airtight seal.

Question for everyone, I’m dealing with some issues regarding the time. I have a V1 and it seems to look a minute over the course of a week. Does anyone have this issue or recommendations for winding?

From COSC website:

"One of the criteria for « chronometer » certification is the average daily rate on the first 10 days of testing: from -4 sec to +6 sec., or up to 10 seconds per day. A tolerance which, as such, may appear high, but which, in reality, is the result of an extraordinary requirement."

60 seconds in 7 days means 8.5 sec./day. Your watch almost meets COSC requirements, enjoy it :)

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
I might as well ask here too. Has anyone taken the bezel off one of these and had a peak? Any idea on the layout of the bezel click spring and retaining spring?

Assuming there are anchor points for a click spring there are definitely things that could be done to firm it up.

Mine is actually not that bad now I've got used to it, but if I compare to my best gen diver there is a noticeable difference in the level of play.

Last edited:

Horology Curious
30/5/20
Germany
so my V3 is on the way ( qc pics were all good )
i decided to put the nato strap on my cheapo no time to cry watch
from a distance and for a everyday knock about its ok

Reactions: leo6929

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Check out the Trusted Dealers Cadows they can all get it. I had a good experience with Trusty Time.

Separately, can I ask if anyone here has a bezel removal tool and fancies checking under the bezel?! I need to buy a tool off ebay but it would help analyse the bezel fix if we know what's underneath.

Seems there will be 2 components to upgrade, the bezel retainer and the click spring, unless VSF went "fancy" and use a collar with one or more ratchet points on it.

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Edit: uploaded macro photo but the focus was out - will try again later!

Last edited:

tamedsloth

Looking Around
11/5/17
Is there an update on a titanium strap? I heard somewhere that that was coming. If so I'd wait for that, otherwise I'd jump on a V3 now. Does anyone know any dealers actually selling the leather pouch the gen comes with? Tried a few TD's but they all said no.