• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
My guess is that they leave it as a non limited edition since Daniel played James Bond for the last time, or what could be the reason for it?

due to the price there is simply no reason for a limited edition as the demand is not likely to skyrocket. on the other hand, if it does skyrocket, they would achieve something that is rolex-unique so far, it's called waitlist ;)

watchhunter007

Renowned Member
23/5/17
Maybe there will be another limited edition when the movie is out. In Spectre there were two watches too haha. They always find a way to make even more money.
As far I know it’s the first non limited James Bond watch?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Well.. With the bezel being aluminium, its a scratch waiting to happen. Not something I'd want on a $12k watch. Yes its 12k my local currency... Lol.. They could pull of the same effect with a matte ceramic but they didn't. They should've gone all out imo and just made it ceramic. Keep the dial aluminium, but bezel should've been ceramic. Especially at that price point.

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
There is a tendency among several watch brands going back to vintage materials but rising the price at the same time. There is nothing against Al inserts. But then the price for those watches should be adapted downwards (not upwards).

Reactions: KSwatches

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
There is a tendency among several watch brands going back to vintage materials but rising the price at the same time. There is nothing against Al inserts. But then the price for those watches should be adapted downwards (not upwards).

100% agreed

but also depends on in-house movements, crystals, materials used etc (not in the case of the SMP 007, where the movement is the same as in the other SMPs)

Last edited:

markrubyred

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/19

The $10K price of this Omega is not about the R&D that went into it, but the marketing and ad campaign costs that The Swatch Group has to recoup. From what I read Craig is a watch guy and he had a major voice in what this time piece would be.

Lt4-396

9/1/19
Yes obviously it has that vintage feel which is why imo it should have been slightly smaller. A 42mm watch is still HUGE for a "vintage" watch.

Since they kept it 42 it should have been made with ceramic especially when considering the price

Updog

18/7/19
I can understand the disappointment that they didn't go ceramic. But it's pretty clear that wasn't the direction they wanted to go with this one. 42mm should be perfect. Can't wait to see what VSF do with this one

Reactions: thediesel17

Chrono1

Known Member
3/1/17
I will be getting this when VSF produce it, I think the biggest hurdle will be the bracelet and clasp. Can't wait!!!

Chrono1

Known Member
3/1/17
Also it would appear that the bracelet strap and NATO are not interchangeable?

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I will be getting this when VSF produce it, I think the biggest hurdle will be the bracelet and clasp. Can't wait!!!

I’d love to see this repped as well.
In my opinion, the biggest hurdle would be producing a convincing tropical dial and hands. Mesh bracelets are well replicated but the factories never get vintage looking details right (eg vsf spectre sm300)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
I’d love to see this repped as well.
In my opinion, the biggest hurdle would be producing a convincing tropical dial and hands. Mesh bracelets are well replicated but the factories never get vintage looking details right (eg vsf spectre sm300)

agreed.

out of curiosity, which detail is totally wrong on the VSF spectre sm300? dial is not as textured as on gen (still not really obvious on wrist), but apart from that?

Updog

18/7/19
The lume on the spectre isn't textured, but flat. It's hard to tell the difference unless you look very closely/loupe. The texture on the dial itself is good. Wouldn't be hard to have the dial re-lumed with the sandwich design though. Will probably be the next thing I do to mine.

chocman02

8/12/19
Extremely excited. What other straps will people pair with this i wonder? The titanium is amazing but milanese mesh is quite dressy. And as much as i love the nato they have made for it, at 42mm + Nato strap it will be quite bulky. Would have loved to see a metal SMP300 style bracelet but thats a no go as there are no titanium versions ans the steels wont match. Maybe the SMP black rubber as the 3rd option?

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
The lume on the spectre isn't textured, but flat. It's hard to tell the difference unless you look very closely/loupe. The texture on the dial itself is good. Wouldn't be hard to have the dial re-lumed with the sandwich design though. Will probably be the next thing I do to mine.

now that you’re saying it, I recognized, but that’s a really minor detail that couldn’t even be recognized on pictures I guess (unless you are a watch snob, which we are haha)
the texture of the dial is good, but I feel like the gen is ever so slightly more textured..

Do you think it’s doable to bring in the texture with a re-luming service? I imagine this to be quite difficult to do..

KingSly

Known Member
15/6/14
cannot wait for this. hopefully they consult with a few people on here before release to avoid the ceramic blunder with the etch marks on the markers

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Perhaps it'll be a great idea, if VSF skips the V1 and V2 and starts immediatly with the flawless V3... ? :dribble:

Reactions: jpchub