• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
kobe24 fyi
This is Titanium grade 2 watch head and the bracelet.
Dial and bezel insert are made of anodised aluminium.
Engraving on a caseback is fixed, no numbering, it is fine if all reps will have the same caseback.

Yeah the "62" on the caseback refers to 1962, the year of the first Bond film Dr. No. The remaining numbers simply mimic the format of NATO stock codes.

Last edited:

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
Did VSF already manufactured the Seamaster 42mm case in titanium before?

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
A nice watch, and in titanium too. by now I am convinced of VSF output. Go VSF!

Lt4-396

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/19
Anyone else disappointed the bezel is not ceramic?

Alum bezels always seem to get dings and scratches in them.

Really wish they would have went with a 40 or 41 size case but no doubt I will pre order if VSF is making one.

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
The bezel is lumed and very good looking as BPFF, pelagos...

VSF confirmed that they will release this model in 2020, looking forward to it :)

Wechat-IMG217.jpg

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Anyone else disappointed the bezel is not ceramic?

Alum bezels always seem to get dings and scratches in them.

Really wish they would have went with a 40 or 41 size case but no doubt I will pre order if VSF is making one.

They did it in 42 to remain consistent with their current range SMP models. But yeah, the lack of ceramic bezel is very disappointing. But maybe to keep "cost low" since its already expensive enough as it is with the titanium and the Bond exclusivity and all that. I would imagine adding ceramic would make the price skyrocket even more.. As if it isn't expensive enough already.

Reactions: rabl253 and Faj

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
It is not about the money. Omeg already has titanium + ceramic + liquidmetal models which cost less than this watch.
Aluminium is here on purpose. The watch has a vintage vibe and Omega wants is to act like this - meaning the dial and bezel will fade off over the time.
Any micro-brand can build a scratch-resistant watch for $600-700, apparently Omega concluded it is no longer cool and went against the trend, which I like.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Aluminium is here on purpose. The watch has a vintage vibe and Omega wants is to act like this - meaning the dial and bezel will fade off over the time.
Any micro-brand can build a scratch-resistant watch for $600-700, apparently Omega concluded it is no longer cool and went against the trend, which I like.

I think this is exactly the right move (and Omega has made a lot of wrong moves in the past!).

when you look at how people enjoy inheriting timepieces reminding them of people and their lives, this makes a lot of sense.
scratches, dents and everything else that basically leaves a mark on a timepiece, is something that connects people to the life of the timepiece’s initial holder and therefore holds emotional value for them.
Imo this is very desirable and substantially different to what you get out of a watch build for 100% visual conservation.

so watch industry, please bring back materials that make those marks possible..

thanks omega, and now go VSF!

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Hmm... I disagree.
In that price category I'd expect something more durable than Al, i. e. ceramic!

Reactions: stack

watchhunter007

Renowned Member
23/5/17
My guess is that they leave it as a non limited edition since Daniel played James Bond for the last time, or what could be the reason for it?