• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Hi Guys, I would like to ask if there are any solutions in the market which I can use to clean the bleeding issue on the bezel?

This is VSF V4?
You have just purchased it?
Yeah, the bezel insert seems to be below the usual VSF standard. Actually most of the lately "stocked" VSF watches being offered have certain cosmetic issues. This makes one wonders....

BaneLoveWatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/22
This is VSF V4?
You have just purchased it?
Yeah, the bezel insert seems to be below the usual VSF standard. Actually most of the lately "stocked" VSF watches being offered have certain cosmetic issues. This makes one wonders....

Ya, this is VSF v4. This should be the last of the few piece as I was told this is out of stock. Left with this piece. I am wondering if there are any solutions to solve the cosmetic on the bezel insert.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I am afraid it would be hard without damaging the cosmetics of the brownish bezel

Bkhwkn

5/12/21
Thought I saw someone posted this QC on Reddit and Red Lighted this defect.

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Well you learn something new every day, did not even know there was a different one for NTTD, just checked on eBay, one on there for £110. As for eBay it's a weird beast. I have been on there for around 15 years, pride myself on my 100% feedback as a buyer and seller. Only had 2 bad experiences one as a buyer and one as a seller. There is protection more so for the buyer then the seller. If you don't receive the item or if it's damaged it's up to the seller to prove it's been sent and undamaged. Also always check their feedback, and the names of the users leaving the feedback, if its the same name many times, then its a friend or family of the seller. But eBay does puzzle me, its also ego driven, I once paid around £50 more to win a item as I was bidding against someone, stupid of me, never done it again, and what puzzled me, the person who lost, the following week could have picked up the same item for £75 less and never even bid. there is a app called auctionsniper will put a bid in for you with 3 seconds to go, a human can't be that quick. I always win with that app.

Thanks a lot for your help.

The background check on the seller is common sense, pretty much the same everyone should do on the forum M2M sales section. Knowing that ebay has a buyer protection policy is good, though. I was afraid that in practice they washed their hands and leave buyers and sellers to solve any potential disputes on their own like any classified ads platform. Also a great tip with that auctionsniper app :thumbsup:

You probably know this already, but that Skyfall version of yours seems to be crazy expensive right now, so congrats on a great investment!

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Thought I saw someone posted this QC on Reddit and Red Lighted this defect.

That seems to corroborate the theory that VSF is truly gone for good and not only what is reaching the market right now is New Old Stock but also we are already scraping the bottom of that barrel.

The three possible outcomes IMO are VSF making a comeback, which is unlikely; another company stepping up to take the empty throne with first class reps, which will not happen if people keep paying a premium price for second grade crap; or this is the definitive end of "VSF level" reps, which sadly seems to be the more likely outcome.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
That seems to corroborate the theory that VSF is truly gone for good and not only what is reaching the market right now is New Old Stock but also we are already scraping the bottom of that barrel.

The three possible outcomes IMO are VSF making a comeback, which is unlikely; another company stepping up to take the empty throne with first class reps, which will not happen if people keep paying a premium price for second grade crap; or this is the definitive end of "VSF level" reps, which sadly seems to be the more likely outcome.

do you perhaps then think Lucy, one of our TDs here, is actually lying about VSF producing new watches? I mean the subs she is selling is sent with no QC issues. and she still has NTTD available as well.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
do you perhaps then think Lucy, one of our TDs here, is actually lying about VSF producing new watches? I mean the subs she is selling is sent with no QC issues. and she still has NTTD available as well.

No, I don’t think she is lying mate but different TDs are saying different things and she can only reply on what her supplier is telling her (she seems bit too low scale to have direct dealings with factory bosses).

Also, it’s down to how we define “vsf” and how the stock has been defined to Lucy by her supplier.

If (for example), a couple of blokes who used to work for/with vsf, have now obtained a large stock pile of old parts and decided to start up a small scale assembly process (using a third party factory) - then some suppliers might sell this as “vsf is back” but that’s not necessarily how others would interpret the situation. Language barrier also plays a part

Who know mate. We’re just speculating.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
No, I don’t think she is lying mate but different TDs are saying different things and she can only reply on what her supplier is telling her (she seems bit too low scale to have direct dealings with factory bosses).

Also, it’s down to how we define “vsf” and how the stock has been defined to Lucy by her supplier.

If (for example), a couple of blokes who used to work for/with vsf, have now obtained a large stock pile of old parts and decided to start up a small scale assembly process (using a third party factory) - then some suppliers might sell this as “vsf is back” but that’s not necessarily how others would interpret the situation. Language barrier also plays a part

Who know mate. We’re just speculating.

yeah, could be a likely scenario as well. she did however guarantee that it is VSF making them. she was 100% sure it is from VSF. but nothing is 100% in life I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: mech500

DC69

Patron
31/12/20

Not exactly. I also have a "new VSF" Sub on the way from Lucy which seems to be flawless from the QC pics I got.

First of all "producing" is open to interpretation. I remember a few years ago a brand of cheap and low quality "French truffles" flooded the market. The truffles itself were mass produced in greenhouses in China, the packages came from somewhere else, and they were packed in France. Since the legislation at the time stated that "made in" refers to the whole product and not it's parts, by packing the truffles in France they could legally stamp it as "Produced in France", because that was the place of final assembly.

Personally I believe they are assembling new watches from leftover parts, with varying degrees of quality, mixed with leftover stock, also with varying degrees of quality. Some say VSF's manufacturing equipment was seized, effectively preventing them from manufacturing new parts, but some pieces of equipment may have survived. Maybe they had several plants for different watches or parts. Maybe the parts were produced in one assembly line and final assembly was made elsewhere.

Of course, all this is speculation, but the flagrant QC issues on supposedly new batches proves that undoubtedly something took a turn for the worst on their manufacturing capacity and they are not just working under the radar until the dust settles...

Just my two cents...

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
so even Hont selling possible "fake" VSFs for n premium of $888? i dont know, guess I just want to believe, lol

frankiko

28/11/21
Spain

IMHO, I really dont want to speak for Lucy/deffend anyone But I recently spoke to her regarding this NTTD's and she never said to me "new watches". She referred to "last batch". That could be the last available, discarded parts, etc. In the end is up to the buyer to accept the purchase based on the QC pcitures.

And btw, I have seen awesome reps coming out from this last batch. Pictures in thread some days/weeks ago.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: jpchub

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
Just greenlighted a V3 NTTD (that's what TD says, not sure if actual V3 or V4) and it also has a few minor imperfections. I feel that none of the NTTD's that I've seen lately reach the standard of the previous batches. I don't know what this new VSF is exactly, but it's different for sure.
Either way, it's a rep and I'm happy to be able to buy one at a fairly reasonable price (for the weird market that it is right now).

Reactions: Mc Queen

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Thanks a lot for your help.

The background check on the seller is common sense, pretty much the same everyone should do on the forum M2M sales section. Knowing that ebay has a buyer protection policy is good, though. I was afraid that in practice they washed their hands and leave buyers and sellers to solve any potential disputes on their own like any classified ads platform. Also a great tip with that auctionsniper app :thumbsup:

You probably know this already, but that Skyfall version of yours seems to be crazy expensive right now, so congrats on a great investment!

You are welcome
nope did not know the Skyfall one was that expensive these days, I brought it after the film come out as it looked good from the film, might have to put it back in the box :), I like the look of the NTTD one with the cracked face, can't understand why the Spectre ones seem dearer as its the same model? also the Special Edition one looks to be the same model ?

Reactions: DC69

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
so even Hont selling possible "fake" VSFs for n premium of $888? i dont know, guess I just want to believe, lol

In life it's always supply and demand, sorry to say, easy to get ripped off, if you want something so badly and the company knows this. If you don't buy it, someone else will, I mean how do you know this is a Genuine VSF? For me my reps are just cheap watches, which I want to collect as they are special Bond watches. Most of the pics on here, I can't tell the difference which I know is ironic as I have a Genuine model. A lot of times I see a pic on here and have to look at mine to see the difference :-(. My reps were not that that expensive think i paid around £150 each in the Ladies market in Hong Kong and also knew someone who after being on here, I know was ripping me off for a round 4 watches, but they looked ok to me, around £200 each I think. Would I spend over £500 for a rep, I very much doubt it. There are loads more reps I want, but might wait till i'm in the US see if i can find anyone selling out of the cases (these were the days)

BaneLoveWatches

5/1/22
BaneLoveWatches did you confirm with Jtime that it definitely is lume overspill? It might something else

Still waiting for Lana reply on this, but Li reply me earlier mentioning that there will be some stocks coming in tomorrow and I can arrange with Lana on this. Hopefully the next few pieces are good. *Praying*

BaneLoveWatches

5/1/22
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgzMTY1NDA3Mg==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_7.dtitle

For those who are interested in ORF, this video mention that the dome glass have changed to match VSF dome glass. The visibility of the dial through the glass is natural in this version. The insert color is like the gen right now it says. Video posted a week ago.

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgyOTI3MjA2OA==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_2.dtitle
This video got mention the AG version is not good but the price is cheap. This guy mention VS for some reason don't produce any stocks anymore but did not mention that VS is gone. So not sure if VS is gone for good.

Reactions: leo6929