• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

spaceman007

5/1/22
danza you're right, it's a bit to the right, but irl you don't notice it to much. For me rep watches are toys, I can accept some imperfections.

This is ORF right? the 12 indice is also off, I would probably RL that one honestly. that is too much for me.

I will go for VSF in this case and pay the extra

BaneLoveWatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/22
Just received. It's well built, the overall quality is very good. The markers alignment is not perfect but I already saw it by the qc pics and almost every orf has the same issue. Also a lot of vsf for sale now have a bad alignment. I don't like nato straps and before the purchase I thought I'd put a vintage leather or suede strap, but surprisingly I realized that the mesh strap is really well done. Of course the color of the steel is a bit different than titanium case, and the bracelet is heavier than the case :D
But I think it's impossible to build a titanium mesh band for a low price.

Gosh the pearl is so off... and I thought VFS QC was one of the best. I couldn't see the alignment off issue though. Care to share some tips on how to look at it?

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Geez, noobs crapping on someone’s watch that he already received. Very bad taste

Don't worry mate :)
I've already seen all the imperfections from the qc but I accepted the watch because most of these watches are not perfect, as you can see on reddit qc section. As I said before, I consider rep watches like toys, I don't pretend too much for 400/500$.
Initially I didn't like the nttd, but I was curious and after the movie I purchased it. I think I'll wear 3/4 times in a year, like I do with my other reps. In those days I think I won't notice the pearl :D
New members usually come to this forum asking w2c a prefect replica 1:1 AAA exactly like the gen. I feel sorry for them, they don't know that noob Daytona has a wrong case shape, hulk vsf has a terrible sunburst, 114060 vsf has a bad rehaut, zzf sub has wrong cg and poor crystal, ppf 5711 has the protruding crown, 15706 xf v3 has flexible endlinks instead of fixed.
I had a lot of reps and all of them had imperfections. If I want a perfect watch I go gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpchub

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Just received. It's well built, the overall quality is very good. The markers alignment is not perfect but I already saw it by the qc pics and almost every orf has the same issue. Also a lot of vsf for sale now have a bad alignment. I don't like nato straps and before the purchase I thought I'd put a vintage leather or suede strap, but surprisingly I realized that the mesh strap is really well done. Of course the color of the steel is a bit different than titanium case, and the bracelet is heavier than the case :D
But I think it's impossible to build a titanium mesh band for a low price.

This is interesting, the weight of the bracelet is heavier than the watch. Have you got their weight values?
Possible to share the code of the bracelet (not the buckle), it can be found at the back of the tube for the spring bar.
Thanks

Last edited:

Bkhwkn

5/12/21
I agree the bracelet is heavier than the case itself. It’s kind of weird but getting used to it

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Hi bertieng , I'm not at home, I'll be able to tell you the weight in the weekend. I'm also curious to receive my vsf and make a comparison, but I think it will take some weeks before I get it. If I remember correctly Mech500 has already done a comparison in October and according to him vsf and orf are similar.

Last edited:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Has anyone bought a 'titanium' aftermarket bracelet from Aliexpress? They range from 140 to 160 Euro.

Gesendet von meinem LE2123 mit Tapatalk

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
have those not been debunked as actually being SS?

I dont know. There are different offers in the low (50 Euro) and high (110 to 200 Euro) price segment. When you look at the buyer reviews, the more expensive ones have good reviews, while the cheaper ones seem to be SS. So maybe these are different products. You can see the same with Breitling-Class, where you can buy very high quality models at AEX for around 100 Euro. But I have no clue, if it is the same with the NTTD-Bracelets.

Reactions: jpchub

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I don’t see it as crapping.

To some people $400/500 isn’t toy money, it’s a serious purchase, we all know reps aren’t gen and the quality isn’t the same, but come on, we have come far enough to expect a pearl will be centrered, especially with the now inflated price of this watch due to current demand.

I’m grateful for the images being posted so others can see the current flaws, but some people miss pearl placements, (as we expect it should be in the middle these days) so it’s worth pointing out for others to be aware of and not crapping the guys watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fracture and DC69

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I don’t see it as crapping.

To some people $400/500 isn’t toy money, it’s a serious purchase, we all know reps aren’t gen and the quality isn’t the same, but come on, we have come far enough to expect a pearl will be centrered, especially with the now inflated price of this watch due to current demand.

I’m grateful for the images being posted so others can see the current flaws, but some people miss pearl placements, (as we expect it should be in the middle these days) so it’s worth pointing out for others to be aware of and not crapping the guys watch.

how I see it is everyone know its a QC issue, and you can request a different watch until you get one that is better. but telling the owner of the watch his looks crap because of it, is not called for and I wouldnt like it. I also wouldnt do it to someone else. but, maybe its just me. but luckily the owner mentioned that he doesnt mind. so no harm done the.

Last edited:
Reactions: frankiko

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Geez, noobs crapping on someone’s watch that he already received. Very bad taste

Or simply pointing out the current flaws to help others see the issues with the overpriced junk the factories are now churning out?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Or simply pointing out the current flaws to help others see the issues with the overpriced junk the factories are now churning out?

maybe, but its a QC issue, and most reps go through that. doesnt necessarily make the watch junk though. its different when its crappy crystal, wrong case size etc. just my 10c of course

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Hi bertieng , I'm not at home, I'll be able to tell you the weight in the weekend. I'm also curious to receive my vsf and make a comparison, but I think it will take some weeks before I get it. If I remember correctly Mech500 has already done a comparison in October and according to him vsf and orf are similar.

Thanks Mc Queen
I read somehow the gen weighs just 97g in total - head + mesh bracelet

Reactions: Mc Queen

DC69

Patron
31/12/20

Precisely. If it was a 50€ watch, that would be a toy-level price. 500€ is more than enough to buy a great Gen from "less premium" brands, like Seiko, so if factories want to charge that amount, they have to put in the work to back up the price tag.

Someone, I believe it was the owner of the watch in question, mentioned some other common flaws, like a wrong case shape or sunburst. I can understand that. If a replica was to be 100% accurate it would not be a replica, it would be a reproduction, which by definition means "to produce again", as in, using the same materials and manufacturing processes as the Gen, and in that case the price of the Rep would be prohibitively high. It's like the Ti bracelet for this watch. It is just too complex to be done at rep prices. I understand that limitation (just like the sunburst in the VSF Hulk) and accept it as a trade off for the Rep to have an affordable price range.

But crooked indexes and pearl misalignments is just being lazy. That is slopy work and nobody should be willing to pay this much for something the manufacturer completely neglected. VSF used to be very good at this keeping a decent price range, so we know it is possible to make it standard practice. The way I see it, everyone who sees this kind of mistakes on their QC pics should RL the watch. Not only for them but for the community. Only then manufacturers will understand that if they want to charge a premium price, they will have to put in the work. If we keep taking stuff with this lack of care for a very high price, what incentive do factories have so improve their quality?

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Yup. That's the mutt.

There are also Spectre and NTTD editions with the cracked head and charred flag after surviving the bombing in Skyfall.

It's sold out from Royal Doulton and prohibitively expensive from Amazon (140£ + 40£ shipping, over which I would have to pay duties, customs fees and 23% VAT...). Ebay could be an option but I never used it. Does it have some form of buyer protection policy in case things are lost, stolen or you plain simply get scammed?

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Yup. That's the mutt.

There are also Spectre and NTTD editions with the cracked head and charred flag after surviving the bombing in Skyfall.

It's sold out from Royal Doulton and prohibitively expensive from Amazon (140£ + 40£ shipping, over which I would have to pay duties, customs fees and 23% VAT...). Ebay could be an option but I never used it. Does it have some form of buyer protection policy in case things are lost, stolen or you plain simply get scammed?

Well you learn something new every day, did not even know there was a different one for NTTD, just checked on eBay, one on there for £110. As for eBay it's a weird beast. I have been on there for around 15 years, pride myself on my 100% feedback as a buyer and seller. Only had 2 bad experiences one as a buyer and one as a seller. There is protection more so for the buyer then the seller. If you don't receive the item or if it's damaged it's up to the seller to prove it's been sent and undamaged. Also always check their feedback, and the names of the users leaving the feedback, if its the same name many times, then its a friend or family of the seller. But eBay does puzzle me, its also ego driven, I once paid around £50 more to win a item as I was bidding against someone, stupid of me, never done it again, and what puzzled me, the person who lost, the following week could have picked up the same item for £75 less and never even bid. there is a app called auctionsniper will put a bid in for you with 3 seconds to go, a human can't be that quick. I always win with that app.

Reactions: DC69

BaneLoveWatches

5/1/22

Hi Guys, I would like to ask if there are any solutions in the market which I can use to clean the bleeding issue on the bezel?