• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I know this is a comment made long time ago, but I am ready the whole thread and I have just reached this part.

Just for your information, and because it might be interesting/nice to know, checking right now that my Phylida NTTD has this very same gap (and apparently the valve is also functional).

However, here I am reading you guys, and looking forward to get one V4 :huh1:

phylida? Also, do you see a gap looking from the top (dial side), or the bottom?

frankiko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/21
Spain
phylida? Also, do you see a gap looking from the top (dial side), or the bottom?

Sorry mate, I dont get what you mean.

This is the Phylida NTTD (taken from Reddit)

I am pretty sure that that is not a Phylida. At least not the current model. At first sight I can see differences in the bezel, lettering, He valve, and day calendar.

Last edited:

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
I actually ordered a Phylida. The PT5000 version doesn't look as bad as the one posted above. The customer pics on Aliexpress show a pretty decent watch (also has a black date wheel).

Last edited:

frankiko

28/11/21
Spain
I actually ordered a Phylida. The PT5000 version doesn't look as bad as the one posted above. The customer pics on Aliexpress show a pretty decent watch (also has a black date wheel).

Correct. Pretty decent. Not Titanium, of course, but I also have the PT5000 and the rates aren't bad at all (+1,9s/day, +0,2 variance). The nato is useless, tho.

what was posted above is not a current Phylida (or a Phylida at all). This one is (sterile):

1y0sa8x05m961.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fracture

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Correct. Pretty decent. Not Titanium, of course, but I also have the PT5000 and the rates aren't bad at all (+1,9s/day, +0,2 variance). The nato is useless, tho.

what was posted above is not a current Phylida (or a Phylida at all). This one is (sterile):

1y0sa8x05m961.jpg

I find this very interesting, Nearly all the people i have seem posts from on this site want a rep that is as close to a genuine watch as possible, me including. Yes I am lucky enough to have a genuine version but I do have many reps. Now to me this is zero looking to a genuine watch. I mean it's missing a few "important words" on the watch-face, and has a date, which I have to admit does look good, and still don't understand why it's not on the genuine watch, I mean don't the military lot need to know the date :).
You don't seem at all fussed, it don't look like the real thing, and just like the watch for the look of it, does anyone else feel this way?

Reactions: MUFCneil

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
I find this very interesting, Nearly all the people i have seem posts from on this site want a rep that is as close to a genuine watch as possible, me including. Yes I am lucky enough to have a genuine version but I do have many reps. Now to me this is zero looking to a genuine watch. I mean it's missing a few "important words" on the watch-face, and has a date, which I have to admit does look good, and still don't understand why it's not on the genuine watch, I mean don't the military lot need to know the date :).
You don't seem at all fussed, it don't look like the real thing, and just like the watch for the look of it, does anyone else feel this way?

I don't really mind. I love exact reps but appreciate these as much if the quality, fit and finish is good. My daily is a Steinhart Starbucks. It has so many things that are different from a genuine 126610LV but I smile every time I look at it. I almost bought an Octopus Kraken NTTD but decided on the Phylida because of the price and bezel/hands. I'd never buy something like a Pagani though.

Last edited:

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
I don't really mind. I love exact reps but appreciate these as much if the quality, fit and finish is good. My daily is a Steinhart Starbucks. It has so many things that are different from a genuine 126610LV but I smile every time I look at it. I almost bought an Octopus Kraken NTTD but decided on the Phylida because of the price and bezel/hands. I'd never buy something like a Pagani though.

thanks for the answer, as they say " beauty is in the eye of the beholder" just looked at a few of these watches. To be honest half of the photos I have seem on here, the difference between some reps and the genuine, I just can't tell the difference. But i do admire people who take them apart and even take them to watch-smiths, I don't think I would have the bottle to take a rep to a jewellery shop. There are still so many reps I would like, when you think how much a genuine Omega or Rolex cost they are crazy prices, but they do go up in value, Bond and the Moon watches the 50th Apollo Anniversary are good investments And TO EVERYONE !!

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
thanks for the answer, as they say " beauty is in the eye of the beholder" just looked at a few of these watches. To be honest half of the photos I have seem on here, the difference between some reps and the genuine, I just can't tell the difference. But i do admire people who take them apart and even take them to watch-smiths, I don't think I would have the bottle to take a rep to a jewellery shop. There are still so many reps I would like, when you think how much a genuine Omega or Rolex cost they are crazy prices, but they do go up in value, Bond and the Moon watches the 50th Apollo Anniversary are good investments And TO EVERYONE !!

Thank you, and for you too.

For me that is precisely the question: Gens are a good investment, Reps are daily rockers. If I were to buy a Gen, it would stay on my safe and I would just use it's equivalent Rep. With many of the Reps, Like VSF Subs and Omegas, GF Breitlings or BP vintage Rolexes, you really can't tell the diference in everyday use and avoid a potential loss of thousands of Dollars if you have an accident, get robbed or loose it.

Do you really want to risk leaving a 15K Gen on our gym locker? Or scratching it on your desk drawer/car door/door frame? It's like the museums who keep valuble pieces under lock and key and display reproductions instead.

Reactions: Bkhwkn

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Now to me this is zero looking to a genuine watch. I mean it's missing a few "important words" on the watch-face, and has a date

Yea, it’s hideous BUT don’t forget that it has the all important cut out around the He valve. Lol

frankiko

28/11/21
Spain

And actually usable in water conditions (200M)

Yea, it’s hideous BUT don’t forget that it has the all important cut out around the He valve. Lol

Maybe there is a hint of mockery and contempt in your comment ? i am just sharing a curious fact about a $180 homage watch.

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I’m selling my vsf v4 steel mesh on strap central right now for anyone interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17

For me that is precisely the question: Gens are a good investment, Reps are daily rockers. If I were to buy a Gen, it would stay on my safe and I would just use it's equivalent Rep. With many of the Reps, Like VSF Subs and Omegas, GF Breitlings or BP vintage Rolexes, you really can't tell the diference in everyday use and avoid a potential loss of thousands of Dollars if you have an accident, get robbed or loose it.

Do you really want to risk leaving a 15K Gen on our gym locker? Or scratching it on your desk drawer/car door/door frame? It's like the museums who keep valuble pieces under lock and key and display reproductions instead.

100% agree, my watches are off-site, I would never wear one outdoors, which is such a shame, yes there is insurance, but if i scratched it, I would be upset. So Yes reps make perfect sense. When i used to be in the office, I would wear one for a week and swap round, but now WFH what's the point, I wear a fitbit and that's it.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK

I’m afraid I disagree, watches are made to be worn and the thought of saving for and spending a fortune on a gen omega, Rolex whatever, to then lock it away in a safe…madness.

I have a gen Rolex sub and wear it most days. I won’t cry if it gets a scratch, it’s a watch I love and love to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anne_nrw

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/12/20
I got another VSF V4 at Jtime! I'm happy! USD 528.00 because the GF and the ORF is junk against it!