• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
What BS are you saying? The 8806 has absolutely no decorative plate encasing the movement! Indeed its bridges and rotors have been engraved and decorated DIRECTLY, so once you remove the back of the case you do have easy access to the regulator's lever.

Someone doesn't seem to understand what I was trying to say in my post :facepalm:

What I meant was if one were to open the caseback of the gen, the movement would look like this:

51586233817_9706002136_b.jpg

So that is why the rep has decorated the movement even though the caseback is closed because that's how the movement looks on the gen if its removed. They are just copying the gen the way it should be. Of course the gen movement isn't decorated. You misunderstood and misinterpreted what I was saying.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
managed to snag a vsf v2 before the raid but i was wondering whether i got a bad batch since the bezel insert looks a bit brown to my eyes, probably a pair of trained eyes can give me some insights

You do realise that the bezel insert is supposed to be brown right? There is nothing wrong with yours.

51570402157_100af5cbcf_b.jpg

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Since the VSF NTTD watch is gone, maybe for good, now ORF (which I know nothing about) has come out with a version. Below is a picture that one of the TD's sent me and it may be the light but there looks like a stain on the face at 11:00 - 12:00 and "Swiss Made" is incredibly distorted when looking straight at the watch face. This doesn't seem normal at all. Can some of you pros look at this picture and tell me what you think or anything else that looks wrong? This is not a QC photo. I haven't bought anything yet I was just interested in the watch from another factory since VSF is no more. I'm confused.

Thanks

It’s a domed crystal. That explains the distortion in what you are seeing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Since the VSF NTTD watch is gone, maybe for good, now ORF (which I know nothing about) has come out with a version. Below is a picture that one of the TD's sent me and it may be the light but there looks like a stain on the face at 11:00 - 12:00 and "Swiss Made" is incredibly distorted when looking straight at the watch face. This doesn't seem normal at all. Can some of you pros look at this picture and tell me what you think or anything else that looks wrong? This is not a QC photo. I haven't bought anything yet I was just interested in the watch from another factory since VSF is no more. I'm confused.

Thanks

That's normal because of the domed crystal. There is distortion on the gen and similar to that as well depending on the angle its taken at. Other times you'll see the hour indices stretched from an angle.

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
About time I posted a few pics, here are a few I done for a website, after reading 330 pages about this watch, i sort of fell in love with it. Was offered a very good price on one, So I know if i do decide to sell, I will not lose any money. it's a beautiful watch, the bracelet makes it so different to any other Omega i have. When I went into London town and went to the Omega shop, and she clipped the watch onto my wrist, a perfect fit. that decided me. Also this watch is rather unique in the film. I have grown up with 007. the leather case it comes with is ok, i would have preferred a case, look at the amazing one you got for the Spectre watch. It's interesting that for Spectre and this one they only made one version. the films before that going back to TND, there was a special Bond version.
jqBdWD.jpg

jqBkQk.jpg

jqBwfo.jpg

jqBMhJ.jpg

jqBsnP.jpg

jqBuuW.jpg

jqB7ZS.jpg

jqBEIQ.jpg

jqBNdL.jpg

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Watch has nothing on that life-sized Terminator, though...

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Sweet! VSF, ORF, V2, V3 V4.... All that can never beat a gen no matter how good we think a rep is. Congratulations.. Looks good :thumbsup:

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Watch has nothing on that life-sized Terminator, though...

Theres a story, a bloke who owned a production company, 200 Miles away, wanted a quick sale, I got the cash out the bank got in the car, and shot down to his farm in the middle of nowhere, I must have been total Nuts. but he was genuine, got it taken apart, 6 different pieces and put it in the Mustang, had the head in the passenger seat, had to have the roof down, boy the looks I got. its pure solid metal and weights a ton, its the 1st one they done, with the motion sensor and the very large base. As for the 2nd one with the 2 guns they cut down on the base, and the very heavy models would topple over, they also got rid of the motion sensor and just had normal lights. Life can be weird, when I went to Universal Studio at 18 years old, they had the same model in the shop as a prop and now I own one, god help us when we move !!

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Sweet! VSF, ORF, V2, V3 V4.... All that can never beat a gen no matter how good we think a rep is. Congratulations.. Looks good :thumbsup:

Thank you, I mean the reps are decent, but of course it's not going to match a genuine, but look at the difference in price. I am lucky that I can afford it, but put it this way, me and Bond both share a massive birthday next year :)

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Thank you, I mean the reps are decent, but of course it's not going to match a genuine, but look at the difference in price. I am lucky that I can afford it, but put it this way, me and Bond both share a massive birthday next year :)

I have a few gens myself as you may already know, but the NTTD is just not within my budget at the moment. I'll stick with the rep for now. Anyway, a happy advanced 60th to you then!

KalKala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
So it means the 2824 movement is actually encased in a decorative 8806 cage with the dial attached on the top of it?

Ahaha
to cut the story short! Yes!

Well, or so it seems: I already got the Spectre and it was a nightmare to just get access to the regulator. It looks very nice but that cage is a... jail.
I do not have the NTTD in hand but from what I've see in the photos by jpchub it looks the same junk.

My point was that I've also seen ORF has later done the Seamaster with the 2824 decorated as the coaxial without any cage (or so I've read) that looks quite OK...

Should we sign a petition to the 'forgers' they should limit their creative talents to the actual movements and not mimicking one by gluing fake rubies and screws heads on a piece of useless metal?

=8D

Reactions: foxyboy985

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
About time I posted a few pics, here are a few I done for a website, after reading 330 pages about this watch, i sort of fell in love with it. Was offered a very good price on one, So I know if i do decide to sell, I will not lose any money. it's a beautiful watch, the bracelet makes it so different to any other Omega i have. When I went into London town and went to the Omega shop, and she clipped the watch onto my wrist, a perfect fit. that decided me. Also this watch is rather unique in the film. I have grown up with 007. the leather case it comes with is ok, i would have preferred a case, look at the amazing one you got for the Spectre watch. It's interesting that for Spectre and this one they only made one version. the films before that going back to TND, there was a special Bond version.

Perfect match with the DB5. The NTTD SMP 300M really gives the classic sentiment of the Bond we know of.

BTW, are you married? If yes, congratulations to you having a great wife who can accomodate those lovely collections you have at home:thumbsup:

Reactions: leo6929