• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
With regards to the VSF having a loose caseback and all, I've read that some even had a loose bezel, well I didn't face any of those issues with mine though. And till today it's still perfect.

Anyway yeah, ORF or other factories are definitely gonna step up with their renditions now that VSF is gone. And so far from what I've seen with the ORF, it looks pretty decent. Definitely on par with how the VSF looked.

I think one of the biggest problems with ORF is the crystal, otherwise it is almost a perfect NTTD rep

Shane73

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/20
With regards to the VSF having a loose caseback and all, I've read that some even had a loose bezel, well I didn't face any of those issues with mine though. And till today it's still perfect.

Anyway yeah, ORF or other factories are definitely gonna step up with their renditions now that VSF is gone. And so far from what I've seen with the ORF, it looks pretty decent. Definitely on par with how the VSF looked.

Sounds like you got a good 1! I checked the Gen out again yesterday it a beautiful watch but just can't justify the price tag when you get a normal Seamaster for half of that they are definitely inflating the price with the Bond connection, at least with the Spectre 300 you got a nice case and additional nato, hence i will get a rep to scratch the itch.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I've worn my gen SMP and Aqua Terra for swimming, no problems. Most recently I swam with my Aqua Terra.

Yeh, think I got just unlucky with the PO...it really put me off the brand for a while. Watch was less than a year old but it is what it is. Omega fucked around with it for months. I Ended up selling it and getting a VSF (which looks just as good for all intents and purposes):

Incidentally, I’ve never had an issue with my 8 year old PO...one watch I’d never sell.

Never swam with my SM300 non spectre - following the incident with the PO. The vsf is close but the gen dial has a depth to it that I can’t see in the rep.

For all other omegas I like (Aquaterra, SM300 diver) I just rock stock reps now .... they’re just so good....and more fun to wear than gen....well that was before VSF went down.

Have a few ORFs on order - let’s see how they compare, they certainly look decent in pics.

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada
I've worn my gen SMP and Aqua Terra for swimming, no problems. Most recently I swam with my Aqua Terra. I guess condensation is bound to happen if the seals are worn out due to age or maybe if the crown or helium valve wasn't screwed down properly. So far so good though swimming with my gens. My SMP is now 9 years old though, so I probably won't be taking it for a swim anytime soon. Omega does recommend having their watches pressure checked once a year though but I've yet to do that with any of mine. My 4 years old Aqua Terra was fine after a swim.. Lol

what's that line at the 7 o'clock marker? water filling up the case?

mech500 Nice watches. FYI the heat from wearing your watch in the shower will ruin the gaskets.

Burt Macklin

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
4/4/20
London
In my opinion this is a very overhyped watch, from my experience with a VSF v2 (ordered from Andrew around April last year) the watch felt a bit cheap and was very noisy. Although VSF did an excellent job of the colours and details emulating the GEN the watch really didn't do it for me unfortunately! Sold it on the members section around two months ago and just picked up a grey VSF 300m from Sead.

We have to be realistic- VSF is not coming back...

ORF is likely as good as its going to get

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Incidentally, I’ve never had an issue with my 8 year old PO...one watch I’d never sell.

Never swam with my SM300 non spectre - following the incident with the PO. The vsf is close but the gen dial has a depth to it that I can’t see in the rep.

For all other omegas I like (Aquaterra, SM300 diver) I just rock stock reps now .... they’re just so good....and more fun to wear than gen....well that was before VSF went down.

Have a few ORFs on order - let’s see how they compare, they certainly look decent in pics.

I have the gen SM300 non Spectre too. Its about approaching 2 years old now and coincidentally like yours, I too haven't swam with it yet.. Lol. Very true about the dial and its markers on the gen.

51418522780_b2c9f7524a_b.jpg

As for the PO, that first generation 2500 orange PO that you have there is a keeper. Its such a classic now and to me the first generation PO is better than any of the later generations of the PO that Omega came up with. The newer ones are way too thick and heavy.

Indeed VSF at the time had great reps alongside its gen counterparts. Their blue 41.5mm Master Co-Axial Aqua Terra for instance looked almost as good as my gen from the pics that I saw which really surprised me. I've yet to handle an ORF rep though, but yes, definitely decent from the pics seen so far of the NTTD watch.

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
In my opinion this is a very overhyped watch, from my experience with a VSF v2 (ordered from Andrew around April last year) the watch felt a bit cheap and was very noisy. Although VSF did an excellent job of the colours and details emulating the GEN the watch really didn't do it for me unfortunately! Sold it on the members section around two months ago and just picked up a grey VSF 300m from Sead.

We have to be realistic- VSF is not coming back...

ORF is likely as good as its going to get

I'm probably lucky to have received a good one from Trusty last year because mine has no loose bezel, no loose caseback and the movement isn't noisy at all. I wouldn't be happily wearing mine for over a year and posting many pics of it if that were the case. Quality rep imo. In no way did I feel it felt cheap too. Granted its lightweight because its titanium, but the gen which I've handled a few times now, is just as light too, maybe that would contribute to it feeling "cheap" ;)
​​​​
51570402157_100af5cbcf_b.jpg

But I agree the watch is definitely all hyped up now because of the movie especially with the movie being recently released after numerous delays. And I too feel the gen is overpriced. The hype for it will eventually die down and maybe the price of the watch in the secondary market would go down. The watch isn't going away anytime soon since unlike the Spectre, it isn't a limited piece. Its gonna be around for a few years. Perhaps some AD's would offer some good discounts for it over the next year or two, maybe even three just to clear stock.
​​​​​​

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I’m looking forward to the dvd release now and I’ve already planned how I will edit it to make it ‘my’ bond 25. I honestly doubt I will watch the cinema edit again. For now my James Bond Omega watches are boxed away. That’s just how it’s made me feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I’m looking forward to the dvd release now and I’ve already planned how I will edit it to make it ‘my’ bond 25. I honestly doubt I will watch the cinema edit again. For now my James Bond Omega watches are boxed away. That’s just how it’s made me feel

Well, having just walked out of the cinema about half hour ago after my 2nd viewing of it, I think watching it twice will do for me until its out on streaming or home media. I definitely noticed some small details and dialogue that I missed out on the first time around. Still don't like the ending though.

The true ending for Craig's Bond to me is the ending of Spectre when he and Madeleine drove off into the sunrise of London in the DB5.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Amazing place. You’re lucky to live in Singapore. Best place I’ve ever visited!!

Stretch242

Supporter
24/12/14
UK
Amazing place. You’re lucky to live in Singapore. Best place I’ve ever visited!!

Where is that in Singapore, I stopped over for 4 days once. I agree best place I've ever been would love to go back some day for 2 weeks.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Where is that in Singapore, I stopped over for 4 days once. I agree best place I've ever been would love to go back some day for 2 weeks.

Singapore gardens by the bay.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Singapore gardens by the bay.

Thought it was but wasnt sure. Great place to go we went there . Clean, tidy and friendly people. Botanical Gardens were great aswell.

No its not Gardens by the Bay but I can see why some people mistake it for that. Its actually Jewel Changi Airport. Its currently Singapore's largest shopping mall with a large rain vortex in the centre of it which is a sight to behold. The mall surrounds the vortex and the cinema where I just saw the movie is beneath it. Its situated at the airport. Its a place I highly recommend you come visit if you are ever in Singapore again. Plus its at the airport, so it should be your first stop once you arrive!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewel_Changi_Airport

51579815410_2932a10a21_b.jpg

Last edited:

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
But I agree the watch is definitely all hyped up now because of the movie especially with the movie being recently released after numerous delays. And I too feel the gen is overpriced. The hype for it will eventually die down and maybe the price of the watch in the secondary market would go down. The watch isn't going away anytime soon since unlike the Spectre, it isn't a limited piece. Its gonna be around for a few years. Perhaps some AD's would offer some good discounts for it over the next year or two, maybe even three just to clear stock.
​​​​​​[/QUOTE]

Was in London Town yesterday popped into the Omega shop, sat at Ms desk, pretty cool really they have recreated Ms office with the actual props from the film. The watches are selling very well, he had 2 left on the bracelet and was told, that in the next year they will stop making the watch. He said once these 2 have gone, could take a few months to get some more in. As Omega are moving onto the next big thing. Also mentioned that the contract with 007 is running down, also he said that he had heard, the re-set will be set in the 60s, which could be very interesting clothes and watch wise, mind you did say another massive watch company are going for the Bond contract, refused to say who? Rolex maybe want back-in as have seem how much money they can make selling them.