• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
perfect VSF is, as it's irrelevant. they dont exist anymore. whats the point in getting people all hot for the VSF if they wont be able to get one.

Sorry maybe i am being thick here, but was VSF made in a special factory, and now it's been raided that's it? I mean it's not like 007 has gone in and blown the place to kingdom come is it? Surely if people are willing to pay more money for a better looking watch, then they will make it? Don't the VSF lot make other models? have they also gone for good? With the film not even hitting the US yet, the people who are going to watch the film, some will want this watch,, can't they convert another factory? This watch is unique and people will see the film and want it, was speaking to Goldsmith's in London and he said they have sold treble the amount since the film hit the screens and these are the Genuine ones. If the rep people can make loads more dosh selling the VSF you would think they would def do it?

Reactions: Danza1813

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
perfect VSF is, as it's irrelevant. they dont exist anymore. whats the point in getting people all hot for the VSF if they wont be able to get one.

Sorry maybe i am being thick here, but was VSF made in a special factory, and now it's been raided that's it? I mean it's not like 007 has gone in and blown the place to kingdom come is it? Surely if people are willing to pay more money for a better looking watch, then they will make it? Don't the VSF lot make other models? have they also gone for good? With the film not even hitting the US yet, the people who are going to watch the film, some will want this watch,, can't they convert another factory? This watch is unique and people will see the film and want it, was speaking to Goldsmith's in London and he said they have sold treble the amount since the film hit the screens and these are the Genuine ones. If the rep people can make loads more dosh selling the VSF you would think they would def do it?

well yes, VS Factory, is a special factory, lol. And so far word on the street is, its gone now. Who knows of they return maybe under another name. But surely their good quality watch making equipment was seized. I am assuming those things arent easy, nor cheap to come by. Maybe GF/ORF steps up to the plate wit these as they make great Breitlings. Who knows.

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
well yes, VS Factory, is a special factory, lol. And so far word on the street is, its gone now. Who knows of they return maybe under another name. But surely their good quality watch making equipment was seized. I am assuming those things arent easy, nor cheap to come by. Maybe GF/ORF steps up to the plate wit these as they make great Breitlings. Who knows.

So from now on, all the Top quality rep's are now gone? why suddenly did they raid it this year? have not VSF been around for many years? I admit I am pretty green with all this, been a member for a few years, but only really understood more as was on here from around page 50 i think :). To be honest when i went to Tokyo and the Ladies market and brought 2 Bond watches for around £130 each, I was well pleased, but I guess they are a bit cack for that money. Another time was a bit like 007 met this bloke outside the seaport and he was selling watches, said to me he can get me Bond watches if i met him at a certain address, with the people i work for and the "free phone" you are given by the hotel, which is bugged to high heaven. I said OK (Stupid) lucky enough I phoned him up and said I could not make it. Now I would not touch a watch from the Market. The US used to have loads of watch sellers on the streets $20 for a Rolex but the funny part is to this day it still works :)

Reactions: MUFCneil

jamiex

25/7/09
Yorkshire
So from now on, all the Top quality rep's are now gone? why suddenly did they raid it this year? have not VSF been around for many years? I admit I am pretty green with all this, been a member for a few years, but only really understood more as was on here from around page 50 i think :). To be honest when i went to Tokyo and the Ladies market and brought 2 Bond watches for around £130 each, I was well pleased, but I guess they are a bit cack for that money. Another time was a bit like 007 met this bloke outside the seaport and he was selling watches, said to me he can get me Bond watches if i met him at a certain address, with the people i work for and the "free phone" you are given by the hotel, which is bugged to high heaven. I said OK (Stupid) lucky enough I phoned him up and said I could not make it. Now I would not touch a watch from the Market. The US used to have loads of watch sellers on the streets $20 for a Rolex but the funny part is to this day it still works :)

I think all the videos from youtubers about how close some of the VSF are to gen Rolex and Omega kinda put a spanner in the works. I don’t think Rolex or Omega were worried about losing customers but I think they probable thought VSF are cheeky bastards for ripping off their fine watches and wanted to put a stop to it.

Reactions: Lazza

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Lazza raids are pretty frequent actually. Its just that is last ordeal was quite severe. Not sure how long exactly VSF has been around in the game, but they did explode the last 2 or 3 years. Especially when the started veturing into the Rollie market. Noob has bee around for ages though. They couldnt survive this. Pretty sad afair at the moment, but I think things will bounce back eventually. Hopefully with even better reps.

Reactions: persico

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I think all the videos from youtubers about how close some of the VSF are to gen Rolex and Omega kinda put a spanner in the works. I don’t think Rolex or Omega were worried about losing customers but I think they probable thought VSF are cheeky bastards for ripping off their fine watches and wanted to put a stop to it.

I still can’t work out how a corporate watch making company could influence Chinese authorities to shut down major source of income operations. Makes no sense to me. The Chinese government even tells US warships in the area to fuck off yet here we are saying that China is listening to Rolex. Who cares what Rolex and Omega think in china

Sent from the RWI App

fantasma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/21
I still can’t work out how a corporate watch making company could influence Chinese authorities to shut down major source of income operations. Makes no sense to me. The Chinese government even tells US warships in the area to fuck off yet here we are saying that China is listening to Rolex. Who cares what Rolex and Omega think in china

Sent from the RWI App

From my understanding it was other well established Rep companies pointing fingers and paying authorities to take down their competitor. VSF was the new kid on the block making better quality Reps and putting a dent on everyone’s sales.

tommikeson

24/10/14

Sent from the RWI App
Exactly. China regularly tries to obtain US military tech to help them gain ground. They don't care what this does with their relationship to the United States. They certainly do not care what some watch company wants.

Reactions: mech500

fantasma

22/9/21
Exactly. China regularly tries to obtain US military tech to help them gain ground. They don't care what this does with their relationship to the United States. They certainly do not care what some watch company wants.

This has nothing to do with US.. The Chinese are infringing “Swiss” watch companies.

Reactions: jpchub

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
This has nothing to do with US.. The Chinese are infringing “Swiss” watch companies.

Yeh, but his point is that why would China give a shit about infringing a Swiss watch company when they openly infringe military tech from a super power (USA) and “infringe” land from international water whilst telling the world to piss off.

I just think rep forum members are a bit too paranoid and seem to think Rolex run the world...and have secret agents ready to call you out at every street corner...now their agents have infiltrated China...cos they saw how good VSF was. Lol. it’s just rep forum paranoia.

Who knows what’s really going on

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Yeh, but his point is that why would China give a shit about infringing a Swiss watch company when they openly infringe military tech from a super power (USA) and “infringe” land from international water whilst telling the world to piss off.

I just think rep forum members are a bit too paranoid and seem to think Rolex run the world...and have secret agents ready to call you out at every street corner...now their agents have infiltrated China...cos they saw how good VSF was. Lol. it’s just rep forum paranoia.

Who knows what’s really going on

I think this "James Bond" watch has gone to people's heads !!, But the west has never trusted China, as i said about the bugged phones. if the Chinese could put a bug in these watches they would do. If the VSF was making a lot more money then the other rep's then it makes sense that one company would pay to get the VSF factory shut down, but then surely the company who paid the money would then get the machinery? And believe me Omega and Rolex don't have the clout to get a factory shut down in China. And they are not worried about the rep's. They sell enough watches to not be that fussed. I know the world is out to get China and when the inquiry starts about how Covid started, China could be blacklisted meaning a block on all items coming into countries. And did you know that a couple of scenes were rewritten for NTTD, cause of Covid, No Spoilers but "the weapon"

Reactions: mech500

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Condensation on a gen after it went for a swim. Yikes! Thankfully still under warranty.
51560684855_5df563e5ec_b.jpg

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
If ORF can make a great SMP 300, why can't they perfect the NTTD? Or they think there is simply no contenders now with the exit of VSF

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I had condensation on a gen PO once - never wore a watch in the shower again (gen or rep).

Omega said that the crown wasn’t screwed down (which is their standard response to WR issues) - which was bullshit - but impossible to prove otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I had condensation on a gen PO once - never wore a watch in the shower again (gen or rep).

Omega said that the crown wasn’t screwed down (which is their standard response to WR issues) - which was bullshit - but impossible to prove otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I've worn my gen SMP and Aqua Terra for swimming, no problems. Most recently I swam with my Aqua Terra. I guess condensation is bound to happen if the seals are worn out due to age or maybe if the crown or helium valve wasn't screwed down properly. So far so good though swimming with my gens. My SMP is now 9 years old though, so I probably won't be taking it for a swim anytime soon. Omega does recommend having their watches pressure checked once a year though but I've yet to do that with any of mine. My 4 years old Aqua Terra was fine after a swim.. Lol

Last edited:

Shane73

8/5/20
If ORF can make a great SMP 300, why can't they perfect the NTTD? Or they think there is simply no contenders now with the exit of VSF

Maybe ORF will put a version 2 out now vsf have gone and there's on going demand for the watch, I guess we should really just compare the ORF to the actual gen and not the VSF that's the most important factor. If we go far enough back on this thread people had issues with the VSF's they weren't 100% perfect, there's comments about bad lumes, loose casebacks etc so i guess its next best alternative.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Maybe ORF will put a version 2 out now vsf have gone and there's on going demand for the watch, I guess we should really just compare the ORF to the actual gen and not the VSF that's the most important factor. If we go far enough back on this thread people had issues with the VSF's they weren't 100% perfect, there's comments about bad lumes, loose casebacks etc so i guess its next best alternative.

With regards to the VSF having a loose caseback and all, I've read that some even had a loose bezel, well I didn't face any of those issues with mine though. And till today it's still perfect.

Anyway yeah, ORF or other factories are definitely gonna step up with their renditions now that VSF is gone. And so far from what I've seen with the ORF, it looks pretty decent. Definitely on par with how the VSF looked.