• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
e82e77e99a87bf9c17bc8597628b57e9.jpg

Sometimes I worry the couple of the markers is different to the gen but then the light hits it in a very similar way to the AD lights and you realise just how close this rep is to the gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Just picked up one of these and am really impressed (even with a V2).
One issue is the rotor is noisy. The bearings have wobble. I can't figure out how to get the rotor off though. Is the center jewel just a decorative overlay? Is there s screw underneath?
916cc343993735f419c631aa8ccd1247.jpg

Last edited:

fantasma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/21
Out of interest what has changed your mind with the Orf? on Pyrojr99 QC pictures of an Orf a couple of weeks ago you said the watch looked good now your saying its terrible.

It was out of courtesy telling a happy person “looks nice” and it does looks nice actually but that doesn’t mean it’s a good replica compared to the VSF or a Gen. There’s videos of this on YouKu side by side and people on Reddit saying how terrible it is, even the Chinese think it’s bad.
d4045d7a3cb70a8ee3ccef7df0958d56.jpg

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
elconquistador that centre decoration is a plate that is glued to a screw undereath. Mine broke loose when turning it. I glued it back to the screw when I was done. That screw needs to come out to remove the rotor, and then the deco housing

Reactions: elconquistador

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
It was out of courtesy telling a happy person “looks nice” and it does looks nice actually but that doesn’t mean it’s a good replica compared to the VSF or a Gen. There’s videos of this on YouKu side by side and people on Reddit saying how terrible it is, even the Chinese think it’s bad.

but you werent scared to tell the other guy his was shite. you keep sharing others opinions. maybe you must get the ORF as well and form your own opinion to share with us.

Shane73

8/5/20

That's fine it's just when someone uploads QC pictures they want to know the pros & cons before they greenlight it, thanks for the additional comparison info.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
elconquistador that centre decoration is a plate that is glued to a screw undereath. Mine broke loose when turning it. I glued it back to the screw when I was done. That screw needs to come out to remove the rotor, and then the deco housing

Thank you. I'm going to remove the rotor and decoration and put a better quality 2824 rotor on.

Shane73

8/5/20
OK, so I just got the Omega Seamaster NTTD from GF and I can compare it with VSF v2 version.
The VSF’s version came with Milanese bracelet, albeit wrong by shape, buckle etc. so I used to wear it on rep nato strap.
I could only compare both watches with with plenty of GEN photos, at various angles and light directions.

My observations:

CASE:

VSF_v2 has a tiny bit darker titanium used comparing to GF. It is more dull and light absorbing. Considering the bracelet is SS instead of titanium - GF version is better suited to match SS shine than VSF version. The case execution is of bit better quality on GMF watch; HE valve has little distance from the case body, as per gen.

BEZEL:

GF bezel is clearly better executed - NO play in any axis. It was bone dry but some silicone oil did help. The digits on bezel are closer to GEN while on VSF version V2 - they are too thin.

SAPPHIRE:

both are wrong:
- GF version is a bit too flat
- VSF version is too „swollen” with way too much distortion
Comparing with photos - the GEN is something in between of these two. I would like to choose VSF but it’s distortion is too much for me.

CASEBACK:

- the GF version is harder to open, which is good
- the engravings are deeper on GF than on VSF_v2
- the engravings on VSF_v2 are darker than on GF one
- the fat engravings on VSF are closer to gen
- casebacks are not interchangeable

THE MILANESE BRACELET:

GF - correct shape, narrowing from lugs to buckle, correct buckle. Made of SS instead of titanium. A bit different wire pattern but close.

NATO STRAP:

- GF - wrong buckle, wrong loops, more shiny which is pleasing to the eyes
- VSF - correct buckle, correct loops
Both: a bit wrong woven pattern; VSF is clear winner here.

MOVEMENT:

Both watches used 2824 with decorative plates. Both have balance cook regulating knobs hidden under that plate… It is not easy to get access to these knobs :/

LUME:

GF has better lume, especially on bezel.

SUMMARY: it is a mixed bag. I would choose GF anyway. Give me better crystal and I would be happy :)
Both are pain in the … when trying to regulate.

BOTTOM LINE:
Pity there is no chance for VSF to release better version, with better sapphire, better bezel and lume.

Photos (GF is on the bracelet):
jmV4g4.jpg
jmVsoI.jpg
jmVwMj.jpg
jmVuPc.jpg
jmVv0X.jpg
jmVRNp.jpg
jmVNtb.jpg
jmVE5i.jpg
jmVFK5.jpg
jmVG1F.jpg
jmVSMt.jpg
jmVbD2.jpg
jmVxoE.jpg

Great comparison info!

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Thank you. I'm going to remove the rotor and decoration and put a better quality 2824 rotor on.

I'm not too sure, but as far as I know if you replace the rotor, then you would need to let go of the deco housing as well. not a biggy as it's closed caseback anyway

fantasma

22/9/21
but you werent scared to tell the other guy his was shite. you keep sharing others opinions. maybe you must get the ORF as well and form your own opinion to share with us.

The dynamic of the conversation was different, I don’t have to throw my money away for an ORF just look at the YouKu video side by side. You seem to have a problem with videos whether its a review coming from one of the best Gen watch dealers on the world or by experienced people who compare Reps. The caseback on the ORF can even be opened by hand and sometimes doesn’t even align. If you care about the guys in this community why do you want them walking around with something that can easily be spotted as fake?

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
The dynamic of the conversation was different, I don’t have to throw my money away for an ORF just look at the YouKu video side by side. You seem to have a problem with videos whether its a review coming from one of the best Gen watch dealers on the world or by experienced people who compare Reps. The caseback on the ORF can even be opened by hand and sometimes doesn’t even align. If you care about the guys in this community why do you want them walking around with something that can easily be spotted as fake?

first of all, the VSF also had the issue with the loose caseback.secondly the ORF doesnt scream fake. most people wouldnt even know what you have on your wrist. thirdly, and actually most important is that it is pointless to keep showing everyone how perfect VSF is, as it's irrelevant. they dont exist anymore. whats the point in getting people all hot for the VSF if they wont be able to get one. ORF is not flawless, but its the best there is now.

Reactions: Mc Queen

fantasma

22/9/21
We are on Page 324 on this thread and it has gotten very repetitive. If you go back on this same thread you can find a detailed video from a Chinese Rep Expert comparing ORF vs VSF. His conclusion = “Buy VSF”.. he mentioned ORF made too many mistakes, most people earlier in this thread, on Reddit threads, on Youku etc will agree and tell you the same. However VSF is out the game so ORF might be your only option unless you can find pre owned. I was the same guy 2 weeks ago wanting to buy one and was able to find a pre owned V4. In real life most people don’t care or notice watches so buy what makes you happy, but the ones who know they know! You are paying $400-$500 for a watch, that’s quite some money, you can either buy a used NTTD VSF, a superb SMP300 1:1, or an ORF that can be easily spotted as fake by those who know. The choice is yours.

PS: I came across a Trusted Seller selling new in box NTTD VSF he has them in stock but only V2. I purchased a SMP 300 VSF V2 a few weeks back which I still have new in box so I can testify he’s legit. DM for details.

fantasma

22/9/21
first of all, the VSF also had the issue with the loose caseback.secondly the ORF doesnt scream fake. most people wouldnt even know what you have on your wrist. thirdly, and actually most important is that it is pointless to keep showing everyone how perfect VSF is, as it's irrelevant. they dont exist anymore. whats the point in getting people all hot for the VSF if they wont be able to get one. ORF is not flawless, but its the best there is now.

I am starting to think you are a ORF/GF seller, from my experience it’s only you guys who get upset when someone shares the Truth because it draws sales from you. VSF does not have any issues with the caseback, I am wearing it now! stop arguing and watch the video so you can stop making yourself look foolish.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
I took off all the screws around the decorative plate and it did not budge.

I ended up popping out the bearing and changing it out for the bearing in an ETA rotor. Still makes some noise, but much less.

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I am starting to think you are a ORF/GF seller, from my experience it’s only you guys who get upset when someone shares the Truth because it draws sales from you. VSF does not have any issues with the caseback, I am wearing it now! stop arguing and watch the video so you can stop making yourself look foolish.

is that from you one month experience around here?

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Oh, so it is a fake 8806 basically is a 2824 and not a true clone like 3135, 3235, which is good meaning a Swiss ETA can be put into the watch

Last edited: