• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Keitime

Horology Curious
7/3/24
I'm curious has anyone ever tested how waterproof these actually are? I know they're not meant to be actual diving watches. But in terms of being in a pool for example.

tennman

Horology Curious
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
I'm curious has anyone ever tested how waterproof these actually are? I know they're not meant to be actual diving watches. But in terms of being in a pool for example.
Good question, I would be interested in knowing also.

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
I tested a couple VSF to 5 bar with no issues. I would be slightly hesitant on the VS+ and Bug as they use different cases.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
It's always a good idea to have a watch pressure tested before wearing it in or near water

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
VS+ has an issue where the dial and lume is too orange/brown compared to gen

BUG has an issue where the 12, 3, 6, 9 markers are different lume shades to the rest of the markers

It seems per usual you need all 3 to make the best NTTD

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
VS+ is superior given its vastly improved bracelet and lack of pink hue on the hands, arguably the two reatest weaknesses of the VSF.
My review of the VS+ will mainly be in comparison to the VSF. The general take away is VS+ is two huge steps forward and 1 small step back. I do not have the VSF anymore to compare side by side unfortunately.
Two big steps forward are the bracelet, which is central to the look and feel of the NTTD, and the lack of pink hue on the hands. The step back is AR, slightly glossy dial and minimal helium escape valve protrusion.
First impressions: The watch is incredibly lightweight.
Improvements on the bracelet are immediately noticeable. Matching lume color is a welcome change.
Bracelet: One photo includes a comparable bracelet to the stock VSF. As you can easily see, the VS+ has much better color, profile, and finish than VSF. It's darker and more satin. It actually matches the case,
something that in all honesty should be unacceptable for VSF/ORF. The lengths that I went through to find and refinish a stainless steel bracelet to be comparable to titanium never resulted a satisfactory look. I would
go as far as saying I had the best SS bracelet on the forums, but I always was left wanting more. This is a huge accomplishment by VS+ to have a mesh titanium bracelet for the NTTD. For this reason alone, I believe the VS+ to be superior. Downsides are that the portion of the bracelet with the rivets is very stiff and the clasp feels a little gritty and perhaps slightly weaker than a ss version.However, the bracelet I had was far superior to stock VSF and the differences are still massive. The VS+ is much more comfortable to wear, but it is an arm hair fiend.
Case: Nearly equivalent. Complaints of the crown and helium escape valve may be bad examples or overblown imo; the He valve especially. I included a photo to show the protrusion of the valve, which is never noticeable when wearing the watch. There is the tinniest of gaps between the case and crown, but hardly appreciable.
Bezel: Much better bezel action on VS+. My insert and bezel are very slightly misaligned, but only noticed when looking for it, something that can happen with any SMP.
Crystal: Slightly different shape (not sure either is better),but AR is better on VSF. Definitely the greatest weakness on the VS+.
Dial: The lume color of the hands and indices look great on VS+. The mismatch of the VSF is one of its greatest weaknesses, something that I often found myself annoyed with. The hands and indices are slightly
different in tone, so not perfectly matched, but massively better than VSF. It has been noted that the lume of VS+ is slight more orange than gen, but it is not noticeable
without a gen next to it. On fact, VSF has always appeared more white than gen, something I have noticed when trying on gen myself. The VS+ dial is slightly more glossy than VSF, but not very significant. The red of the second hand and Seamaster are better on VS+ as well.The lume glow is far better on VS+ compared to VSF,
and it's not even close. The lume on the VSF was always trash.
Movement: Since VS+ doesn't do a deco plate, and uses a more traditional a2824 version vs the skeletonized version found in VSF, I would say the VS+ is more reliable and will not suffer from a noisy rotor. This is a better
solution given its solid caseback. Timegrapher numbers for the VS+ QCs have been very good and consistent.

KOm24I.jpeg

KOmAcc.jpeg

KOmemX.jpeg

KOmhy4.jpeg

KOm5Pi.jpeg

KOmUSb.jpeg

KOmaep.jpeg

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
I don't think mine is that pink either. Looks close enough. Maybe VSF found new paint?
New vsf batch has definitely improved but it's still present. Perfect combo would be vsf base with hands and bracelet from vs+ imo.

Keitime

Horology Curious
7/3/24
It's always a good idea to have a watch pressure tested before wearing it in or near water
Thanks I'll look to do that when I receive one. :)

On a separate note I'm still a bit unsure about the protocol and etiquette with QC pics, this will be my first
Rep watch. Though I've bought other rep goods in the past.
I feel I have a good handle on what the different versions and factories have to offer and their variances.
I've received my pics but feel there may be an issue with the lime on some markers. Would it be appropriate for me to post in this thread or another part of the forum or speak to the TD first about it?
It seems to me there isn't a dedicated QC subforum for it and it seems in general within the rep watch world there is a bit of an aversion to it.

I just don't want to step on anyone's toes but want to be happy with the purchase and not have it niggling in my mind.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
@Kup1712

Nice review just want to ask how is the bezel play, clicks?

And how’s the case engravings, they look rough on trusty site compared to VSF?

flyingdoc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/22

Just received mine. Really like the feel of it, especially with the Zuludiver strap. The VSF "Titanium" strap feels heavy, might have to try to source a VS+ strap in the future if they are available. The hands don't look pink to me, but I will have to check again in the sunlight. All in all a great rep, lets see how much wrist time it gets.

flyingdoc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/22

Sorry for postwhoring, but I am really in love with this one! The watch itself is stunning, the dial works well in direct sunlight and indoor. The weight of the watch is also a big plus. Barely noticeable on the wrist with a nato strap and matches with a couple of different color straps as well. The only thing I am worried about is the crown issue that is widely known with VSF Omegas. Hope I get lucky and wear it enough so I don't have to unscrew the crown;)

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
You should be fine if you wind the watch carefully and don't mess too much with the crown. Never had an issue with my 50+ rep collection, and I even wind all of them regularly just for the sake of it. :)

Reactions: flyingdoc

kiasunkiasi

Known Member
16/6/23
Malaysia

Sorry for postwhoring, but I am really in love with this one! The watch itself is stunning, the dial works well in direct sunlight and indoor. The weight of the watch is also a big plus. Barely noticeable on the wrist with a nato strap and matches with a couple of different color straps as well. The only thing I am worried about is the crown issue that is widely known with VSF Omegas. Hope I get lucky and wear it enough so I don't have to unscrew the crown;)

looks nice under the Sun as there seems to be no hint of pinkish hands

Reactions: Thatwatchguy