• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Plenitude

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
And about weight? Gen is 93 gr, 20 gr balance is due to titanium bracelet? Only 20 gr?

Shane73

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/20
Ive Had the NTTD V4 for about 18 months now alway been a good time keeper and pinkish hands only noticeable in certain light, Question is recently the crown will not screw back into the case so it is constantly pinged out, Is this common and can it be fixed?

Valaj

Known Member
15/3/23
Illinois
Ive Had the NTTD V4 for about 18 months now alway been a good time keeper and pinkish hands only noticeable in certain light, Question is recently the crown will not screw back into the case so it is constantly pinged out, Is this common and can it be fixed?
Ahh. The infamous tube stripping issues. You can send it to a watchsmith to get it converted to a push pull crown (no screwing down). I know of one person who's managed to swap the stripped crown tube out to keep the screw down system.

Shane73

8/5/20
Ahh. The infamous tube stripping issues. You can send it to a watchsmith to get it converted to a push pull crown (no screwing down). I know of one person who's managed to swap the stripped crown tube out to keep the screw down system.
Thanks for the info, Gutted really its been a good piece up until this.

Shane73

8/5/20
And another one bites the dust 🙁
Yes, unfortunately it's the most common failure in VSF SMP's
Ah great well know issue then? :(, Is it dead then? Do you know of the best alternative on the market at the minute if the VSF isnt up to scratch, When i purchased this one it was looking like VSF had been closed down and the alternatives weren't good but thats going back a while.

Route66

24/4/21
Ah great well know issue then?
yes it is, since at least 2 years: have a look here

Is it dead then?
No, it's not dead - just do as @Valaj has suggested or follow anyway the suggestions by your local independent watchsmith

Do you know of the best alternative on the market at the minute if the VSF isnt up to scratch, When i purchased this one it was looking like VSF had been closed down and the alternatives weren't good but thats going back a while.
If you have lost any hope in fixing your NTTD, you may try ORF/GO factory for a brand new one
Your TD may tell you if it's available again:
HBg9HK.jpeg

Reactions: Shane73

Canales16

Horology Curious
7/9/21
Spain
The nttd has always been on my radar but with such a common corona problem I don't dare. I have a seamaster and the vsf worldtimer both and still no corona problems. I'll cross my fingers. The one I had the problem with was an ORF.

Shane73

8/5/20
yes it is, since at least 2 years: have a look here

No, it's not dead - just do as @Valaj has suggested or follow anyway the suggestions by your local independent watchsmith

If you have lost any hope in fixing your NTTD, you may try ORF/GO factory for a brand new one
Your TD may tell you if it's available again:
HBg9HK.jpeg
Thanks for the info!

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Hi, is there a version from VS+ ? Should be 20g lighter and without pinkish lume on the hands. (Saw just one post on Reddit (I know... Reddit))

Valaj

Known Member
15/3/23
Illinois
Hi, is there a version from VS+ ? Should be 20g lighter and without pinkish lume on the hands. (Saw just one post on Reddit (I know... Reddit))
Lol I just saw the post as well. That's a big difference considering they say the bracelet on it is still steel. The watch case is a Ti alloy. 20gms saved just on the watch case sounds kinda off to me.

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Lol I just saw the post as well. That's a big difference considering they say the bracelet on it is still steel. The watch case is a Ti alloy. 20gms saved just on the watch case sounds kinda off to me.
Exactly...just too good to be true

micablue

Horology Curious
15/6/23
Canada
I like to know if anyone has tried ordering the GOF/ORF NTTD v2? It looks very promising based on the pictures but it's hard to tell. I am just hoping to finally pick up a NTTD without the infamous crown tube stripping issue from VSF's version.

Reactions: leetcode