• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

neme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/9/23
Here are pictures of the supposedly v5, sorry for double post but I can’t seem to find the edit button

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
I can tell from the photo it still has the pink hands, so who really cares. Not worth purchasing until they fix that (which they probably won't).

Last edited:
Reactions: neme

Horology Curious
22/3/22
I didn’t ask about any new versions, but my latest qc pics look less pink than those above. Could just be the lighting.
H1efo2.jpeg

spaceman007

5/1/22
anyone else confirm there is a v5 out?
at least could we buy the hands from another shitty release and put those on vs v4? lol

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
it's true that the pink tint is there once we know the hands are carrying them, it's actually not obvious on your wrist when it's 1 or 2 meters away from others most of the time

Reactions: Valaj

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
it's true that the pink tint is there once we know the hands are carrying them, it's actually not obvious on your wrist when it's 1 or 2 meters away from others most of the time
On wrist it’s fine, it just bothers me personally. I had to sell it.

Repainting the hands is hard, I tried on a few from AliExpress, it’s really hard to get it in the lines properly.

In terms of repainting, there’s like lume that’s basically white. You mix this with acrylic paint and a binder to color match whatever you want. You can use rgb to calculate out the paint mix as well (google rgb to paint). There’s also a few other techniques like mixing with varnish and such. Some use like actual pigments, etc.

It’s out of my skill set and painting the hands is very difficult. For one the lume barely even stays in place, if you paint slightly too hard you’ll go right through the back of the hand. Second, I have no idea how they get such perfect edges when they do this by hand. I tried tape but even that’s not great. Obviously the rep makers and most manufacturers are using machines for this, so accuracy is easier, but some still do hand paint and they have crisp perfect edges.

Sadly there’s not a replacement hand set either. The only close one doesn’t have the brushed effect on the hands.

Last edited:

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
On wrist it’s fine, it just bothers me personally. I had to sell it.

Repainting the hands is hard, I tried on a few from AliExpress, it’s really hard to get it in the lines properly.

In terms of repainting, there’s like lume that’s basically white. You mix this with acrylic paint and a binder to color match whatever you want. You can use rgb to calculate out the paint mix as well (google rgb to paint). There’s also a few other techniques like mixing with varnish and such. Some use like actual pigments, etc.

It’s out of my skill set and painting the hands is very difficult. For one the lume barely even stays in place, if you paint slightly too hard you’ll go right through the back of the hand. Second, I have no idea how they get such perfect edges when they do this by hand. I tried tape but even that’s not great. Obviously the rep makers and most manufacturers are using machines for this, so accuracy is easier, but some still do hand paint and they have crisp perfect edges.

Sadly there’s not a replacement hand set either. The only close one doesn’t have the brushed effect on the hands.
perfectly understandable, I don't have any watch making skill as well, so re-painting the hands is definitely out
just wonder why the rep manufacturer able to make correct colour indices but unable to do the same on the hands... :LOL:

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
perfectly understandable, I don't have any watch making skill as well, so re-painting the hands is definitely out
just wonder why the rep manufacturer able to make correct colour indices but unable to do the same on the hands... :LOL:
Because they fucked up but made like 1000 of them, so yeah. Now they have an excuse for a new version too.

Makn

Looking Around
21/8/21
Hello Guys, i am considering to buy this watch for longr than a year now.I always came back to it and i think now it is the time to buy one.

But i dont know wich is the one to get. J Time offer´s the ORF and the VSF Version, i can´t see a difference between.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!