• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
The threading can strip very easily, unfortunately.

Gotta be careful when screwing the crown of our watches be it gen or rep. Happens on reps just as easy as it can happen on gens too.

Approaching 3 years of wear with mine. So far so good.

52641251281_af7d01e92b_b.jpg

Reactions: StrangwaysAtoll

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Common issue on reps. The crown is always the first to go bust. Same for all my previous reps as well. Always the crown. So far so good for my NTTD though.
I'd even argue that on the SMPs by VSF this particular problem is more common than with other reps. Luckily it's nothing a good watch smith can't fix. 😁

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I'd even argue that on the SMPs by VSF this particular problem is more common than with other reps. Luckily it's nothing a good watch smith can't fix. 😁
I fear it being titanium threads, higher chance of them stripping perhaps. Well like I said, so far so good for mine. And if that happens, unfortunately no watch smith where I'm at that would touch a rep. So it'll go on display with my other Bond collection on the shelve once the thread is stripped. I'll enjoy wearing it while it lasts.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
There are actually quite a few professional and semi-professional watch makers among the members here who are very talented and experienced in working on reps, if you are located in a remote rural area for example. 😄

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
There are actually quite a few professional and semi-professional watch makers among the members here who are very talented and experienced in working on reps, if you are located in a remote rural area for example. 😄
I'm sure there are, but unless they are in Singapore, I'm not going to ship out my watch for a repair in the event it goes bust. The watch going bust is the least of my worries anyway. Just enjoy wearing them.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
For starters, user "legend, who is also the AP section moderator on here, is based in Singapore AFAIK & does modding / watchmaking work. I think there are even more watchsmiths from SG here too, but don't quote me on that... 😁

Reactions: BaneLoveWatches

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
For starters, user "legend, who is also the AP section moderator on here, is based in Singapore AFAIK & does modding / watchmaking work. I think there are even more watchsmiths from SG here too, but don't quote me on that... 😁
Interesting. I'll keep that in mind.

Reactions: eBoy

StrangwaysAtoll

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/5/22
Jamaica
Any improvement on the crown threads between VSF V3 to V4? It does seem to be more prevalent on the VSF NTTD than other models…(I don’t recall the ORF reported for threading issues.)

Reactions: Dark12

Buben88

Known Member
Certified
11/5/11
Italy
Ive not seen This mentioned before but you raise a good point. I think it’s perhaps a bit picky and think the angle of the domed crystal has a lot to do with how this looks on images.

Below is a a shot of the Gen dial removed from the case compared with two shots of my vsf v4 taken at slightly different angles. It’s hard to see how big the gap is, especially as the hour marker is so raised and 3d but you will see that in some angles there appears to be a gap in others no gap. Most images I’ve seen of the Gen shows a clear gap but it’s known the angle of the comb crystal in a Gen is different to that on the rep so the distortion is different.

Hello have the same problem on mine, and i see lots of new NTTD in the Sales area have the same problem. Its Is Wired becouse of you put the 30" at 12 everythink Is well aligned, cand figure out of Is a glass problem or insert orneven the Dial. Someone find a way on these?

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
I recently purchased a gen titanium bracelet. The darker tone of the material does look better with my VSF v4 than the ss rep bracelet. But the length is longer than the rep. I was on the third hole on the rep, now I’m using the last hole on the gen, and the fit is still a little loose. I purchased the bracelet on eBay not from an AD, so I won’t be able to swap for The shorter version :/

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I purchased the bracelet on eBay not from an AD, so I won’t be able to swap for The shorter version :/
That's what happened with my gen 3861 Moonwatch in the Nylon ref. I bought at a gray market dealer last year, instead of an Omega boutique as I initially had planned, but then Omega raised prices for the second time within a few months... So out of spite, I went gray.

The only stupidity I committed was not realizing that the gen nylons come in different sizes. Of course, mine came with the largest version. But I wear it mostly on a 1450 bracelet or on a Nato now anyway and love the look of it.

I'm thinking about selling the gen Omega nylon now, because it's shockingly expensive (with the gen clasp, it checks out in the 600 to 800 bucks region,depending on region and local taxes)... Lol

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
That's what happened with my gen 3861 Moonwatch in the Nylon ref. I bought at a gray market dealer last year, instead of an Omega boutique as I initially had planned, but then Omega raised prices for the second time within a few months... So out of spite, I went gray.

The only stupidity I committed was not realizing that the gen nylons come in different sizes. Of course, mine came with the largest version. But I wear it mostly on a 1450 bracelet or on a Nato now anyway and love the look of it.

I'm thinking about selling the gen Omega nylon now, because it's shockingly expensive (with the gen clasp, it checks out in the 600 to 800 bucks region,depending on region and local taxes)... Lol
I wonder if I actually recieved the long version. The seller stated this was the standard, but I can’t find any official measurements on the different lengths. I have a 7 1/4” wrist so I didn’t think I would need the short version.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I wonder if I actually recieved the long version. The seller stated this was the standard, but I can’t find any official measurements on the different lengths. I have a 7 1/4” wrist so I didn’t think I would need the short version.
7.25 inch is 18.4 cm. That's not a slim wrist. That is most definitely not a small or medium sized version bracelet if you're on the last hole and it's still a bit loose.

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
7.25 inch is 18.4 cm. That's not a slim wrist. That is most definitely not a small or medium sized version bracelet if you're on the last hole and it's still a bit loose.
So I did a little digging on an Omega forum and found a post stating the short version is 85mm per strap, standard is 95mm, and the long is 105mm. I measured mine and found out I do indeed have the long version.
Lol, if anyone here has a gen standard size they want to swap for a long version, hmu. It’s a beautiful piece of craftsmanship

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Told ya... 😝

But yeah, it's gorgeous. Love the darker tone..

Reactions: Bpyfu

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I recently purchased a gen titanium bracelet. The darker tone of the material does look better with my VSF v4 than the ss rep bracelet. But the length is longer than the rep. I was on the third hole on the rep, now I’m using the last hole on the gen, and the fit is still a little loose. I purchased the bracelet on eBay not from an AD, so I won’t be able to swap for The shorter version :/

You got the size L mesh. That's why it's longer than the rep mesh as the rep VSF mesh is based on the length of the standard mesh that comes with the NTTD which is a size M. What's your wrist size by the way?

The Omega titanium and stainless steel mesh comes in sizes L, M and S. M being the standard size. Titanium is only for 20mm lugs and the steel mesh will come in various lug sizes.

52654260025_4ae765e0e0_b.jpg

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
You got the size L mesh. That's why it's longer than the rep mesh as the rep VSF mesh is based on the length of the standard mesh that comes with the NTTD which is a size M. What's your wrist size by the way?

The Omega titanium and stainless steel mesh comes in sizes L, M and S. M being the standard size. Titanium is only for 20mm lugs and the steel mesh will come in various lug sizes.

52654260025_4ae765e0e0_b.jpg
Yes, I have the long version of the titanium mesh strap. I should have done more research on these different sizes prior to purchasing ( I was swayed when the seller offered a further price drop). I currently have it on the smallest hole setting and it just barely fits and is slightly looser than I would like. Honestly, the standard size would be a better fit for me so I will keep my eyes open for anyone willing to swap. Or I may try to sell this one I currently have and look for a good price on a standard size. I’ll keep the plastic on the clasp for the time being :)
My wrist is 7.25” btw, not huge but definitely not small.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Yes, I have the long version of the titanium mesh strap. I should have done more research on these different sizes prior to purchasing ( I was swayed when the seller offered a further price drop). I currently have it on the smallest hole setting and it just barely fits and is slightly looser than I would like. Honestly, the standard size would be a better fit for me so I will keep my eyes open for anyone willing to swap. Or I may try to sell this one I currently have and look for a good price on a standard size. I’ll keep the plastic on the clasp for the time being :)
My wrist is 7.25” btw, not huge but definitely not small.
Just so you know, you're not the only one. I only just found this out myself recently after ordering a size L from the Omega boutique for the steel mesh last week. I had the idea that L was the standard size. Only to find out after ordering that M is the standard size. And my wrist is around 7" as well so I'm guessing the L won't fit me right as well since the titanium one you've got did not fit your wrist well. I hope the boutique can arrange an exchange for me once the L bracelet I ordered has arrived.

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
Just so you know, you're not the only one. I only just found this out myself recently after ordering a size L from the Omega boutique for the steel mesh last week. I had the idea that L was the standard size. Only to find out after ordering that M is the standard size. And my wrist is around 7" as well so I'm guessing the L won't fit me right as well since the titanium one you've got did not fit your wrist well. I hope the boutique can arrange an exchange for me once the L bracelet I ordered has I wou
I would hope that it would be easy for the boutique to accommodate you and just exchange for the standard size. 👍

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I would hope that it would be easy for the boutique to accommodate you and just exchange for the standard size. 👍
I thought at first I could get away wearing the L. But after seeing your post, I'm less confident that my 7" wrist would fit the L mesh.. Lol. So I emailed the boutique after seeing your post to see if my order can be changed. They replied and said they could change my order to the M size 20mm steel mesh.