• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
I happen to get a gen titanium mesh for a good price, now I'm going for the watch, for what I have read VSF is the way to go.

xcid

Horology Curious
16/7/22
I guys, going to pull the trigger on this one too after seeing it for real. Second rep, first was a SD43 and I'm more than happy with it.

Just one question, I just received a QC from Hont, and I'm a bit perplex about the 6 marker, it's normal that it touch the 30minutes dash (i dont know how to call it)
Here is a picture with the gen on top

Maybe I'm too picky, if it's normal tell me

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I guys, going to pull the trigger on this one too after seeing it for real. Second rep, first was a SD43 and I'm more than happy with it.

Just one question, I just received a QC from Hont, and I'm a bit perplex about the 6 marker, it's normal that it touch the 30minutes dash (i dont know how to call it)
Here is a picture with the gen on top

Maybe I'm too picky, if it's normal tell me

Ive not seen This mentioned before but you raise a good point. I think it’s perhaps a bit picky and think the angle of the domed crystal has a lot to do with how this looks on images.

Below is a a shot of the Gen dial removed from the case compared with two shots of my vsf v4 taken at slightly different angles. It’s hard to see how big the gap is, especially as the hour marker is so raised and 3d but you will see that in some angles there appears to be a gap in others no gap. Most images I’ve seen of the Gen shows a clear gap but it’s known the angle of the comb crystal in a Gen is different to that on the rep so the distortion is different.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Both gens. Titanium mesh vs steel mesh.

52628724534_01f0411b76_b.jpg

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Has anyone else encountered an issue where their crown will no longer screw into the case anymore. Mine started to get difficult a week ago, and now refuses to catch the thread

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Has anyone else encountered an issue where their crown will no longer screw into the case anymore. Mine started to get difficult a week ago, and now refuses to catch the thread
It's actually one of the most common issues with reps.

You have 2 options: replace the tube (and crown ideally but sometimes it's not really needed)
or
you shorten the stem and use the crown as push-in

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Common issue on reps. The crown is always the first to go bust. Same for all my previous reps as well. Always the crown. So far so good for my NTTD though.

Allect0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/21
The threading can strip very easily, unfortunately.