• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

freefallrlc

21/6/15
About the askew bezel; are you sure it's really askew? It's a known thing with the distortion of the crystal. Gen too. If you look from a bit side view the 6 or 12 will always be not even. Seen from top should be fine, though.
if it really would be askew the dial or bezel insert would have to be not even top/bottom. Which is very unlikely.
the lume is only charged on daylight. And only visible in pitch black. Also normal with the watch. If you need strong lume, gotta get a VSF Planet ocean. Maybe on the NTTD they had to go this way to manage the color of the indices and the bezel insert...

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Do you think V3.5/V4 is more gen like than the V2? from the brownish Colour? and marker colour?

I don't have nor saw a V2 in the flesh, I can only say that none of the two gens had the same bezel, but dial looked consistent, was spot on with the V3.5/V4

I’m losing too many functions (the loss of the date is bad enough — to give up date, second time zone, and night visibility, makes the piece pretty much useless)

Well beside the lume, you knew that there was none of those when you bought it no ? It's weird to complain about that being missing.

Can anyone tell me if the lume used in the gen also does not charge under a 7000 lumen led light?

LED light, especially more modern one, emit few UV light, UV light is what make the lume charge the most. If you look at the spectral distribution of a LED light, you'll see that there isn't much bellow the 400nm range.
Try using a daylight bulb, Neon light (halogen) or any other "full spectrum" type of light, and you'll see results.

Thanks for your mini review though, it's a nice a complete overview !

shedlock2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/16
About the askew bezel; are you sure it's really askew? It's a known thing with the distortion of the crystal. Gen too. If you look from a bit side view the 6 or 12 will always be not even. Seen from top should be fine, though.

Definitely. It’s 1/2 a minute out on the 30 minute marker as viewed from directly a above (not through the crystal). The bezel insert seems to be correctly installed in the bezel itself, but the dots at ‘30’ don’t line up at all. They’re ok at the 45 line, but a touch out at the 15 line.

The lume is only charged on daylight. And only visible in pitch black. Also normal with the watch. If you need strong lume, gotta get a VSF Planet ocean. Maybe on the NTTD they had to go this way to manage the color of the indices and the bezel insert...

It may be a colour match thing and the lume is good when charged by a daylight-light. I just don’t have one. I also need the lume at night because I mostly work nights and need to see the time. I have selected the NTTD for its colours (in preference to the other SMP300s) and its thickness. I may end up moving to the Spectre, but a PO is much too thick for me. I’m trying reps before I buy gen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shedlock2000

18/7/16
Well beside the lume, you knew that there was none of those when you bought it no ? It's weird to complain about that being missing.

I’m not complaining about losing the other functions — I knew I wouldn’t get those. I’m just a bit disappointed to be losing the night vision in addition to losing the other functions.

LED light, especially more modern one, emit few UV light, UV light is what make the lume charge the most. If you look at the spectral distribution of a LED light, you'll see that there isn't much bellow the 400nm range.
Try using a daylight bulb, Neon light (halogen) or any other "full spectrum" type of light, and you'll see results.

Good to know! I’ll try and pick up a broad spectrum LED. So I need something below 400nm? Is this true for gen, do you know?

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
any news on the Titanium mesh bracelet version? last month I saw an Ad on aliexpress claiming to sell only the Mesh bracelet but in titanium...but I don't know if that was legit though

shedlock2000

18/7/16
any news on the Titanium mesh bracelet version? last month I saw an Ad on aliexpress claiming to sell only the Mesh bracelet but in titanium...but I don't know if that was legit though

I spoke to Andrew two days ago regarding the mesh — he said there’s no word from the factories, but they know there’s a demand! Whether or not it’ll ever turn up is debatable (I’m going with not).

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I spoke to Andrew two days ago regarding the mesh — he said there’s no word from the factories, but they know there’s a demand! Whether or not it’ll ever turn up is debatable (I’m going with not).

hey thanks for the heads up!

MattaM

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/12/20
Definitely. It’s 1/2 a minute out on the 30 minute marker as viewed from directly a above (not through the crystal). The bezel insert seems to be correctly installed in the bezel itself, but the dots at ‘30’ don’t line up at all. They’re ok at the 45 line, but a touch out at the 15 line.

It may be a colour match thing and the lume is good when charged by a daylight-light. I just don’t have one. I also need the lume at night because I mostly work nights and need to see the time. I have selected the NTTD for its colours (in preference to the other SMP300s) and its thickness. I may end up moving to the Spectre, but a PO is much too thick for me. I’m trying reps before I buy gen!

I wonder if this is a common issue? The 30 min marker is also misaligned on the QC pics I received today.

Reactions: shedlock2000

shedlock2000

18/7/16
I wonder if this is a common issue? The 30 min marker is also misaligned on the QC pics I received today.

Hmmm, looks like it might be a dodgy batch. I should have ixnay’d mine, but didn’t. Wish I had now.

After researching further, I’d ask your TD for lume shots as well.

MattaM

Banned
10/12/20
Hmmm, looks like it might be a dodgy batch. I should have ixnay’d mine, but didn’t. Wish I had now.

After researching further, I’d ask your TD for lume shots as well.

I don't think the lume would bother me, but that 30 minute marker would for sure!

shedlock2000

18/7/16
I don't think the lume would bother me, but that 30 minute marker would for sure!

I spend a lot of my time in the dark, so good lume is important! I don’t remember any other photos of a dodgy 30 minute marker other than yours and mine — so I’m guessing it’s a recent thing.

I’ve just noticed that mine has a very noisy rotor too — it’s the first time I’ve noticed it all day. It seems that, if I want to keep it, I’ll have to do a lot to it (not the least of which would be a service, new bezel, and a re-lume)!

MattaM

Banned
10/12/20
I spend a lot of my time in the dark, so good lume is important! I don’t remember any other photos of a dodgy 30 minute marker other than yours and mine — so I’m guessing it’s a recent thing.

I’ve just noticed that mine has a very noisy rotor too — it’s the first time I’ve noticed it all day. It seems that, if I want to keep it, I’ll have to do a lot to it (not the least of which would be a service, new bezel, and a re-lume)!

Is it just the bezel lume that is dim, or the indices and hands too?

Last edited:

freefallrlc

21/6/15
I just took a look about the askew 30 marker problem again. I think it might have to do with the bit loose bezel problem. On my watch the bezel is a bit loose, but not super much. Others might be a bit worse.
if I set my bezel on the 12 marker, the 30 aligns well. Because the loose bezel can still move a little bit (mostly clockwise) the 30 can become a bit askew, like on other's photos. The 12 marker looks still better in place then, though. Probably a thing with the distortion.
if some people's bezel is slightly more loose, the effect can get worse, of course.
When your 30 is not looking well, is the bezel loose enough that you can make it look better ( with the 12 still aligning as well?)
It's kinda impossible that the dial or print on bezel are not right as you can clearly measure them. A distortion problem with the bezel looseness I can also see a bit on mine.

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
My approved QC from last week - same issue looks like 30 is a tad off. I approved, as per @freefallrlc I'm guessing it's just a loose Bezel that you can tweak.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
My approved QC from last week - same issue looks like 30 is a tad off. I approved, as per @freefallrlc I'm guessing it's just a loose Bezel that you can tweak.

Checked my QC my V4 is also like this a tiny tiny bit off at 30.

Dental floss will fix it lol :D

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
ZIFWx4.jpg

This are my QC - sometimes the 30 looks good, sometimes missaligned.

freefallrlc

21/6/15
Guys, I tested out the theory of distortion and angle.
My V4 looks totally fine and aligned from top. the bezel has a tiny bit play. So on other watches, the more play, the worse it might look misaligned!
I took a photo from this angle then. You can see that the 12 o clock marker and Triangle on bezel fits perfectly. The 6 o clock marker and the 30 on bezel is not aligned anymore though:

IMG-20201210-131006.jpg

Then I turned the watch around without touching the bezel. Now you can see that the 6 o clock marker and 30 fit. But now the effect turn around and the 12 o clock marker and triangle look askew.
It really must ne a distortion and angle thing.

IMG-20201210-130050.jpg

Reactions: DC69 and RobSe1

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
@freefallrlc thanks for sharing. Interesting to see the difference the angle is making. Will do the same when i have in hand. You might have a future career in VAR for footy/soccer with those white lines you are drawing :)

Reactions: freefallrlc

shedlock2000

18/7/16
Is it just the bezel lume that is dim, or the indices and hands too?

It’s both. I charged the lume last night as best I could. It wasn’t bright when I went to bed, but it did glow. I can say that it stayed visible right until this morning (with difficulty), but it wasn’t as bright as I’d have preferred when going to sleep and was difficult to see without the eyes being adjusted to the darkness.

Reactions: Hoosier

shedlock2000

18/7/16
I just took a look about the askew 30 marker problem again. I think it might have to do with the bit loose bezel problem. On my watch the bezel is a bit loose, but not super much. Others might be a bit worse.
if I set my bezel on the 12 marker, the 30 aligns well. Because the loose bezel can still move a little bit (mostly clockwise) the 30 can become a bit askew, like on other's photos. The 12 marker looks still better in place then, though. Probably a thing with the distortion.
if some people's bezel is slightly more loose, the effect can get worse, of course.
When your 30 is not looking well, is the bezel loose enough that you can make it look better ( with the 12 still aligning as well?)
It's kinda impossible that the dial or print on bezel are not right as you can clearly measure them. A distortion problem with the bezel looseness I can also see a bit on mine.

My bezel is not loose and cannot be moved side to side or up and down. My 30minute marker is still out.