• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Here guys, did a little clean up and put the little offender into the brig where he belong, since you suffered the reading of the exchange and that he posted a PM sent to him, you may as well enjoy the full gist of the conversation of him claiming "You are rude, I did nothing wrong, I'm gonna tell mommy about it"

Someone has a problem with authority but should really have layed low after being the one to order the wrong watch and complaining to other people that they can't read properly ... :rofl:

Carry on guys and sorry for the hijack

Mercy :) sometimes there are stupid Wieners around who don't get it. Not everybody's right place here, you put him on his right Place.

Reactions: Thrasher

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
My V2 is very loose in rotation but no movement side to side or up down, I think its a common problem I have another on order so we will see if its resolved with V3.5 or V4 as some TDs call it

There was a post someone popped the Bezel off and pried on the click springs. After this it was tight. Maybe worth a try.

shedlock2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/16
There was a post someone popped the Bezel off and pried on the click springs. After this it was tight. Maybe worth a try.

I wonder if someone can share some photos of the mechanism. I’ve only taken one bezel off a watch, and it didn’t go well! I’d like to see what I’m getting into before I ‘bend the spring to fit better’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freefallrlc

21/6/15
My V2 is very loose in rotation but no movement side to side or up down, I think its a common problem I have another on order so we will see if its resolved with V3.5 or V4 as some TDs call it

V4 still has a bit loose bezel. No improvement there. Actually I found my previous V2 even better. Both loose but the twisting was smoother

Reactions: airbowatch

airbowatch

11/6/19
With my v3.5 I have quite loose bezel. It also moves up and down a bit. Might be worth having the bezel popped off to try to fix it if that really works. I don't mind that much but it would be much nicer if it doesn't move up and down and fits tightely around the crystal. Love the watch though, what a beauty!

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
https://youtu.be/7xWNTsfgKBY
Well on the gen it's same problem. When mine arrives and the Bezel is also loose i will try to fix it.
1. Bending clickspring a bit
2. Dental floss mod
this should do the trick.

Well we keep asking for a watch exactly like the Genuine model :), but for a Genuine watch, that's a rather poor show as they say in London Town,

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Well we keep asking for a watch exactly like the Genuine model :), but for a Genuine watch, that's a rather poor show as they say in London Town,

Yeah, its why Rolex Guys are laughing about Omega. For a Luxery Brand and watches 5K and above its a no go.

Maybe i should Email to Omega the dental floss trick lol

freefallrlc

21/6/15
But this bezel problem is just on the Seamaster 300. Other watches like the Planet ocean are totally fine and not worse than Rolex. Actually same quality and even cheaper. Only the resell value on Rolex is way better. But also just because of Rolex keep them rare policy

freefallrlc

21/6/15
But this bezel problem is just on the Seamaster 300. Other watches like the Planet ocean are totally fine and not worse than Rolex. Actually same quality and even cheaper. Only the resell value on Rolex is way better. But also just because of Rolex keep them rare policy

airbowatch

11/6/19
I really love the rep though I'm very disappointed that my TD has sent me a different watch than what I approved on the QC pictures... The beze insert is badly finished and misaligned.. I already contacted him and he's going to send me a new insert and maybe new bezel too, but still a bummer because the watch on the QC looked perfect! that aside this rep is stunning!

I'll try the dental floss trick when I have a new bezel (insert). How hard is it to make a tight bezel though.. my other (vsf panerai) watches are lovely when it comes to the bezel. No movement at all.

Reactions: RobSe1

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Yeah, its why Rolex Guys are laughing about Omega. For a Luxery Brand and watches 5K and above its a no go.

Maybe i should Email to Omega the dental floss trick lol

As far as I know, there are many QC problem pointed out on the Rolex forum, I'm not sure Omega is really alone in that situation.

My V3.5 (or V4 if you prefer) has a "loose" bezel, loose in the sense that if you nudge it with your finger, it'll move side to side and up and down, but it'll not move on it's own with a move of the wrist (no matter how hard you try) and it'll not loose it's position easily either.
To me it's a non issue, especially if the gen is like that.

I had the opportunity to compare my model to two gen (one on nato, one on bracelet) and none of the gen had the exact same bezel so I think as far as accuracy is concern, the rep is in the ball park of being excellent.

Well that's if you are not a dummy ordering the steel model ... but let's not talk about that ... :glaude1:

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
As far as I know, there are many QC problem pointed out on the Rolex forum, I'm not sure Omega is really alone in that situation.

My V3.5 (or V4 if you prefer) has a "loose" bezel, loose in the sense that if you nudge it with your finger, it'll move side to side and up and down, but it'll not move on it's own with a move of the wrist (no matter how hard you try) and it'll not loose it's position easily either.
To me it's a non issue, especially if the gen is like that.

I had the opportunity to compare my model to two gen (one on nato, one on bracelet) and none of the gen had the exact same bezel so I think as far as accuracy is concern, the rep is in the ball park of being excellent.

Well that's if you are not a dummy ordering the steel model ... but let's not talk about that ... :glaude1:

thats true, Rolex has also QC problems but i've never seen such loose bezels on them. Maybe some tiny misalignements.

Do you think V3.5/V4 is more gen like than the V2? from the brownish Colour? and marker colour?

Yes this is truely a super rep imo! i'm so excited to get it and about the light weight :D

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
I haven't seen the gen face to face in a while but are the rep's patina coloring of the markers on the bezel the same as the gen? I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me but the gen's seem a bit softer and not as deeply colored.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz

Visited my AD today to handle Gen to see if it is worth considering buying the Gen. Here’s a quick comp between Gen I handledtoday and my V2 when I got back home.

Different lighting aside, and a few differences but I’m confident I don’t need Gen and will invest that money better.

shedlock2000

18/7/16
The wait is over, but my concerns about a mid-aligned bezel shared above were realised (it wasn’t down to the angle of the photo). The 30 minute mark is askew by about 1/2 minute — an error to which my eye is drawn perpetually.

3c48cd935464f5ac8f09d8e6315422ff.jpg

The lume, however, is the most disappointing aspect of the watch. I’ve read a number of posts above which discuss the lume and how it should be charged in the daylight. The downside is that I live in Canada, where there isn’t much daylight in the winter (and when there is, the watch is covered by 10 layers of clothing to cope with -50°c)! As it is, the lume (fwiw) is functionally useless. I tried to charge it with a high powered led flashlight (7000 lumens), but to no avail.

Despite the watch being outstandingly finished and the bracelet being a dream, this will likely be catch and release for me, as (with the lack of lume) I’m losing too many functions (the loss of the date is bad enough — to give up date, second time zone, and night visibility, makes the piece pretty much useless). Can anyone tell me if the lume used in the gen also does not charge under a 7000 lumen led light? I can’t imagine that’s the case... I’d like to know because I’m thinking of picking up a Spectre and a gen 300 (the plan is to swap bezels to get me the time zone function on gen watch without paying $6k extra for the Spectre).

The watch is a great size on my wrist and fits snugly under my cuff (which is a criterion of my incoming change). I don’t know if the Spectre will fit as well — the Spectre is a touch smaller than the NTTD, but is taller by 2mm.

1cb458f7f6c5db1f7680693a5f69a5b3.jpg

The build quality of the NTTD is good, but the movement is sticky on the crown (when you push in the crown to screw it down, it remains engaged with the winder and feels odd to screw in). The dial is excellent and I really enjoy the colour — which suits my style and clothing preferences; the bezel is well paired and well made (misaligned numbers aside).

The piece is otherwise outstanding; and if you’re a ‘time only’ groupie and live in Barbados, then you’ll be fine with it.

2093d5b75288323a913094fe6aed4aec.jpg

6cc5e39a6455b894d23b8841cc37d487.jpg

1b66e13e96d2602fe05dd5a48ae0473f.jpg

Cloked

Known Member
Certified
15/2/15
United Kingdom
I too tried to charge mine with a super bright led torch to no avail. It only charged using my wife's daylight lamp, which is Uber bright. Then it glows like a torch.

As an aside, do we know what type of titanium is used for this watch? Is it grade 2 the same as the gen or is it even an alloy of titanium?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: shedlock2000

shedlock2000

18/7/16
I too tried to charge mine with a super bright led torch to no avail. It only charged using my wife's daylight lamp, which is Uber bright. Then it glows like a torch.

As an aside, do we know what type of titanium is used for this watch? Is it grade 2 the same as the gen or is it even an alloy of titanium?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

The colour implies an alloy, but that’s just a guess. I’d hope it’s a higher grade, as otherwise it’d be a scratch monkey!