• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Seamaster Diver QC pics arrived - Opinions

Oxmarqt

Horology Curious
31/10/19
So the email, and pics, arrived this morning. I ordered the 2018 Seamaster Diver 300M VSF 1:1 Best Edition Blue Ceramic Blue Dial on SS Bracelet A8800 V2 (Black Balance Wheel) from Puretime

Everything looks good to me but since it is a 1st purchase I would appreciate any opinions.

I wish the pressure reading was better but it is what I expected. Also, is the 4.8s/d too high? I have read a lot of debate about this number. If I follow this means I will be off about a 2 minutes a month. That sounds more than acceptable.

Let me know our thoughts please
Pictures removed by Staff. Read the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

kissmark69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/19
they still havent change the yellowish lume for this SMP varaints :(

Last edited:

Oxmarqt

Horology Curious
31/10/19
I didn't think the lume looked all that yellow. I've seen pictures from others that looked a lot worse.

and for all the pictures in conversations I've seen it seems like the lighting that the picture is in makes the biggest difference

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
Looks good, date on 11 pls ????????????

Oxmarqt

Horology Curious
31/10/19
Are you saying I should ask for a photo with the date on 11?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The number 4.8 has indeed been much debated on the rep fora.

Many felt that it was a number that should be avoided - except for those that felt that it beget good fortune.

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
they still havent change the yellowish lume for this SMP varaints :(

LOL you have a real problem pal.

You just cant help but shove your opinion down everyone's throat, if they ask or not.

Dont listen too him Oxmarqt if it looks ok to you thats all that matters.
Cant see your pics as asking general opinions on QC's are not allowed.
However posting the pics once you have approved the watch, is allowed, then we can tell you what we think.

Also Azazel number 11 is a known flaw on the watch and is present on all vsf 300's its will be no different on this one.

Last edited:

kissmark69

30/9/19

You just cant help but shove your opinion down everyone's throat, if they ask or not.

However posting the pics once you have approved the watch, is allowed, then we can tell you what we think.

Also Azazel number 11 is a known flaw on the watch and is present on all vsf 300's its will be no different on this one.

it will help the new customer to decide..

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
it will help the new customer to decide..

This is exactly why general QC pictures are not allowed, because there is always someone who will need to make a comment whether needed or not, causing people to start rejecting watches for non existent issues

Reactions: Mark L

kissmark69

30/9/19
This is exactly why general QC pictures are not allowed, because there is always someone who will need to make a comment whether needed or not, causing people to start rejecting watches for non existent issues

yellowish lume issue is not a“non existent” issue..

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18

Haha I think he has a lume fetish

Reactions: Mark L

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
He has contributed f@$k all to this forum. All his posts about how he dislikes the lume. What an absolute douche bag.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
yellowish lume issue is not a“non existent” issue..

All of this model is the same, so it's not a quality control issue with this specific watch and so it's not a valid reason to reject it, it's down to the buyer to decide whether it's acceptable to them or not, just because it's unacceptable to you and your unhappy with it on yoir watch, there's no need to moan about it on every thread about this watch.

it may be a flaw against the gen but it's not a QC issue

Last edited:

kissmark69

30/9/19
its not a valid reason to reject it but as a future buyer, you can decide to get one or not..just enjoy your yellowish smp lume..its a nice watch

Last edited:

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU

I had couple without this issue..so not all vsf300
But it is acceptable anyway..