• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How waterproofed are Omega reps? Aqua Terra 150M VSF 8500 or A8900.

Pixelman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/19
Hey guys. Anyone ever had to take their Rep Aqua terras swimming or in the rain? Do VSF come with some water proofing at all or is best to treat it as you would like a non water resistant smartphone.

indierock Jim

Horology Curious
3/7/19
I wouldn't take any rep near the water. I've read about taking it to a watchmaker for waterproofing but to me it makes more sense to take a gen that's made for the water in the first place.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hey guys. Anyone ever had to take their Rep Aqua terras swimming or in the rain? Do VSF come with some water proofing at all or is best to treat it as you would like a non water resistant smartphone.

I have had a rep pass a 10bar WR test and have had others which would leak like a sieve , so it's a lottery . When you get the watch have it pressure tested before you take it anywhere near water . You may find it is good to go ,you may not . There are a number of things a good watch smith can do to increase water resistance on a watch so you can use in water .Such grease / or replace gaskets , press crystal etc etc

Last edited:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I wouldn't take any rep near the water. I've read about taking it to a watchmaker for waterproofing but to me it makes more sense to take a gen that's made for the water in the first place.

I've swam with many reps throughout the years. No watch is waterproof. Many are water resistant for quite decent depths. You have to use common sense. I'd never swim with my gen chronos. The same applies in the rep world.

kissmark69

30/9/19
i cleaned mine many times with running water and its perfectly fine...

Last edited:

LPGT56

27/10/19
The manufacturer (VSF) claims at least 30 metres (3 Bar) from the factory. I will have mine (James Bond AT V3) pressure-tested while Strodda has it in for service (clean, lube, and calibrate) and post the results when available.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
All reps might or might not be waterproof. Rep makers lie, ie they say watches are 1:1 etc when obviously they are not. So no matter what they say, it is better to be safe than sorry and have your watch tested before you go swimming with it. Once you have had it tested, I wouldn't hesitate to swim with a rep.