• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Seamaster Diver is officially ordered and a question

Oxmarqt

Horology Curious
31/10/19
https://puretimewatch.io/2018-seama...ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

Ordered it today. 1st rep buy ever and I jumped in with both feet after reading FAR too much. I know I need to wait on QC pics, shipping, etc but I am willing to be patient.

Quick question. On arrival, do I need to take/send it somewhere to confirm the "waterproofness"? I can see myself taking it in the water sometime, either on accident or on purpose, and I want to be sure it want flood up on me. I will do my best to not not get salt water on it but that is where I spend most of my water time. Any advice is appreciated.

Great site and tons of knowledge!!

Updog

18/7/19
Definitely take it to a watchmaker to have it waterproofed and tested. Don't trust the waterproof rating that is promoted on a rep.

Oxmarqt

Horology Curious
31/10/19
Definitely take it to a watchmaker to have it waterproofed and tested. Don't trust the waterproof rating that is promoted on a rep.

I know it is hard to say specifically but in general, how difficult is it to have a watchmaker look at it? I only know of one in my particular part of town and he has a sign that specifically states he will not touch a rep.

Is there a trusted person on the board that someone can direct me to? I saw many options but not able to determine who may be good for an Omega rep.

Updog

18/7/19
Not knowing the area you live in, but I would search in the modifications/vendor section and find someone nearby to mail it to. I don't have anyone local either and I have to post all my reps off to someone that will work on them.