• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VSF James Bond 50th OHMSS watch

giacri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/21

Dub_2006

Horology Curious
4/4/21
Hello. I'm newcomer here and want to know why topic about this watch is so small. In my point of view "On Her Majesty’s Secret Service" is the best Omega 300m edition. Are there some problems with this watch or anything else? Regards

Dub_2006

Horology Curious
4/4/21
Thanks. But still the same question remains: why so few people choose OHMSS and the vast majority prefer the ordinary Seamaster with waves on dial? )))

Dicentim

Known Member
19/11/20
IzlEbef.jpg
IzlEbef.jpg
MMMJxWD.jpg
YVzS2GH.jpg
oIzLVAz.jpg
Dg59s00.jpg

MMMJxWD.jpg

Last edited:

Dub_2006

Horology Curious
4/4/21
Congrats. Can you share some pics with movement and macro photo with dial under the sun? Is there sunburst effect on the dial?

Dicentim

Known Member
19/11/20
Thanks.
This V2 dial seems to be quite different from the previous pictures I've seen on this topic.
As you can see the gun barrel design on the dial is barely visible compared to v1 version because the dial is glossy.
The sunburst effect if I understand what you lean (cause english is not my birth language) is really present.
It's exactly like on the video you shared just before my post, it's definitely V2 with this sunburst.
You can see a lot of reflections when he turns the watch.
Sorry I don't want to open the watch to picture the movement. It's a decorated A2824.

Last edited:

Dicentim

Known Member
19/11/20
Sorry I can't see very well because of the James Bond design on the back glass and because there's a sort of decorated wheel under the rotor.
The back glass is completely useless on this watch and I suppose it's the same on the GEN one cause you can't see the movement and you can't see the logo and the text, it's a pity !
So I can't answer your question , all I can say is that I read this decorated is a pain to remove to service the watch or access the regulator.
Once again if your picture shows the gen Omega 8800 caliber (without regulator) the A8800 VSF is not a clone movement although it has the same name.
It's a decorated A2824 and I don't think it's a bad thing cause A2824 is a workhorse and easier to service / replace.

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Thanks.
This V2 dial seems to be quite different from the previous pictures I've seen on this topic.
As you can see the gun barrel design on the dial is barely visible compared to v1 version because the dial is glossy.
The sunburst effect if I understand what you lean (cause english is not my birth language) is really present.
It's exactly like on the video you shared just before my post, it's definitely V2 with this sunburst.
You can see a lot of reflections when he turns the watch.
Sorry I don't want to open the watch to picture the movement. It's a decorated A2824.

Hi, just to know is it better that the gun barrel design on the dial is barely visible, or not? Is it close to gen like this?

Dicentim

Known Member
19/11/20
Hi,
To be honest it's pretty difficult to compare with one of the 7007 gen models.
The only comparison video posted shows the v1 vs Gen.
For me the lack of sunburst because the dial isn't glossy on v1 is an instant tell.
I'm quite happy with my V2 the gun barrel design is very subtile and I'm ok with that.
My model is exactly the same as this one on video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHZVWWmXc0k

Last edited:

manuelmay

6/12/18
After a year of thinking about it, I pulled the trigger and....is out of stock. I don’t know if it’s for the raids, but Andrew asked me to swap for another model

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Is there a thread for the ORF version?
Wonder where the ORF stands since bra is gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk