• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VSF James Bond 50th OHMSS watch

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
KbSNj.jpg

its white on certain angle, but i compared mine (the same light and angle)with the gen and the gen is ultra super white..im not sure woth the ceramic one..but as far as i know VSF is still “using the same cheap lume material...

0a4a1bf3659bfc650d39197fbc1e29da.plist

if you look at some youtube footage of the real deal, you will see that even this one looks yellowish in certain lightings or angles

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Sorry i forgot to mention :) Mine came in this lovely big wooden box :) I got it from the O factory :)

You did leave that bit out.....
Looking again i should have noticed the crown guards that are shallower on the rep.

Looks gorgeous in that box. ;)

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
You did leave that bit out.....
Looking again i should have noticed the crown guards that are shallower on the rep.

Looks gorgeous in that box. ;)

people always believe what they want to believe .. bidirectional

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
People are forgetting that with either rep or gen the lume is going to look a tad yellowish because it is sitting and surrounded by yellow gold.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I believe there are three types of finish with the new SMPs. The regular 300m has a gloss dial. The ceramic/titanium has a flat matte finish and the Bond has a satin finish. All three are distinct.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
a1378ebe9130e26214cdeed3aae009e4.plist

Come on. How can someone complain about it being 1/10 less whiter than gen? This gorgeous guy costs less than 1/10!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

kissmark69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/19

a1378ebe9130e26214cdeed3aae009e4.plist

Come on. How can someone complain about it being 1/10 less whiter than gen? This gorgeous guy costs less than 1/10!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
who says it white, it was green and fix that 11 ffs, anything else is fine, im just helping new customer...

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The dial on the 007 is a satin finish; not as glossy as the standard wave dial finish of the regular SMP and the matte dial of the SMP cer/ti 43.5. There are three distinct finishes.

Reactions: SuperBatman

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
The dial on the 007 is a satin finish; not as glossy as the standard wave dial finish of the regular SMP and the matte dial of the SMP cer/ti 43.5. There are three distinct finishes.

Uh, the dial actually has a ceramic gloss backed up with spiral brushed finish. Read the description at the Omega site, watch the videos of gen, then watch the videos of the rep. Your perspective would definitely change.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Uh, the dial actually has a ceramic gloss backed up with spiral brushed finish. Read the description at the Omega site, watch the videos of gen, then watch the videos of the rep. Your perspective would definitely change.

My perspective is based in reality, as I own these watches in real life. I don’t need to watch videos or read marketing hype. FYI: The satin finish is created by brushing the ceramic gloss.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Sidhu6355

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
My perspective is based in reality, as I own these watches in real life. I don’t need to watch videos or read marketing hype. FYI: The satin finish is created by brushing the ceramic gloss.

Sent from the RWI App

Whoa man, take it easy. No hard feelings here, I am sure members here have tonnes of genuine watches.
In Satin finish (also known as satinwood), you'll be getting a semi-gloss. It's not as shiny as gloss but not as matte as an eggshell finish. (VSF’s dial).
Particularly, this dial HAS a lacquer shine to it which in reality is a high gloss ceramic(the genuine).
VSF dial does not have these attributes. A VSF watch below
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQyMzg3OTEyNA====.html?spm=a2h2a.8293802.0.0

If you own a gen of this particular model, you will be able to see the difference but if you own any of the the other SMPs out there, it’s my sincere request that after watching this video, compare it with the genuine.
I am just placing my views and not imposing them. I maybe wrong mate but this is a forum for discussion right.

itssBlue

Horology Curious
9/11/19
Looks pretty sweet. I can't decide which vsf omega to pull the trigger on but jesus they are amazing.