• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 600M 'Tai Chi'

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
So hot water didn't work and this bracelet is an absolute menace to resize... any other help here friends?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
So hot water didn't work and this bracelet is an absolute menace to resize... any other help here friends?

Then I would suggest to try boiling water...and correct size screwdriver. It was not easy task with the hot water either but be quick so that the bracelet does not cool down too much before you try to open the screws.

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Then I would suggest to try boiling water...and correct size screwdriver. It was not easy task with the hot water either but be quick so that the bracelet does not cool down too much before you try to open the screws.

Yeah I think part of the problem is the screws require thinner screwdrivers than what I’ve had before. I ordered a new set so we will see if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunnydale

29/8/09
That's a good point; it could be that's it's gen like with the rubber backing and it's just stiff. Certainly the clasp itself is pretty good, although I feel it looks more sandblasted than brushed

Well got pricing from my Omega watch smith and it is 600 euros with the deployant...rep from Ali is 30 euros so might try it first :p

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Well got pricing from my Omega watch smith and it is 600 euros with the deployant...rep from Ali is 30 euros so might try it first :p

If i was buying again and craved leather, I would either get the rep buckle (normal or deployant) and aftermarket leather, or just go right for the aftermarket leather. It's so easy to get quality stitched leather that getting the rep stuff that you know will be crappy just doesn't seem worth it. But at 30$ I guess it's worth risking. The one I got from intime was like 100$ so that's probably why I'm so sour ????

Bossmaster1337

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/17

Here is one I bought off Ali for maybe 15$ I use it to dress up my AT 150 at times when SS feels too casual..
It's not as "solid" as the gen buckle but it's also not that bad considering the price difference (I've never had issues closing it or with it opening and will honestly recommend it even if you have a gen watch to put it on)

correllian G

Known Member
31/1/19
Here is one I bought off Ali for maybe 15$ I use it to dress up my AT 150 at times when SS feels too casual..
It's not as "solid" as the gen buckle but it's also not that bad considering the price difference (I've never had issues closing it or with it opening and will honestly recommend it even if you have a gen watch to put it on)

Wow that looks nice for $15 mind pming me a link to where you grabbed it?

sunnydale

29/8/09
I ended up buying the strap from Ali, usd30. Now waiting for it to arrive. It looks just like the rep from BP, maybe the buckle is not as good. Will post pics when it arrives.

Genera74

29/12/14
I really like the aesthetic look of this watch but worry this maybe too big for my wrist. I norm only wear max 42mm watch ;(

can someone kind enough to post a side by side of this and a 40mm rolex (submariner or the like)?

thanks

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I really like the aesthetic look of this watch but worry this maybe too big for my wrist. I norm only wear max 42mm watch ;(

can someone kind enough to post a side by side of this and a 40mm rolex (submariner or the like)?

thanks

its huge compared to a sub in terms of thickness, but in terms of actual lug to lug fit its about the same. i can see if i can grab some pics for you later

Genera74

29/12/14
uxx2JSz.jpg
*****************.com/uxx2JSz.jpg
*****************.com/mQwqGqd.jpg

I have the Omega on a nato strap at the moment otherwise I'd just show them side by side, but you get the idea

Can try re-upload? link doesn't seems to be working. thanks!

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19

there we go. i have the omega on a nato at the moment or id do a true side by side, but hopefully this gives you an idea of the fit. 6.75" wrist

Reactions: chentepilot

bene1337

16/1/17

thanks

Some quick comparison shots. Sorry, didn't have much time. I normally weared a sub and I have tiny wrists. Due to the lug to lug size it's very wearable. I also got used to the height.

​​​​​

Reactions: stanleebobyolo

Genera74

29/12/14
Some quick comparison shots. Sorry, didn't have much time. I normally weared a sub and I have tiny wrists. Due to the lug to lug size it's very wearable. I also got used to the height.

​​​​​

Wow thanks!!! I have small wrist as well but from the pics the Omega doesnt look much bigger than the sub. This helps alot. I might consider it now. Thanks a tons!

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town

​​​​​

is ok for the date to flip that early?