• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 600M 'Tai Chi'

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Is anyone else having issues resizing the bracelet? I have the right screwdrivers, but the screws aren't budging and I'm almost about to strip the screwheads. This is from the newer batch with the uni bezel

I had no issues sizing, but it's also a huge pain. you need to take the screws out from both sides and then remove the internal pin. it's a 3 part setup. Is that what you are doing?

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
I had no issues sizing, but it's also a huge pain. you need to take the screws out from both sides and then remove the internal pin. it's a 3 part setup. Is that what you are doing?

Yes, attempting to anyway. The screws won't budge at all.

Reactions: Ripgd

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
Hi all.
Mine finally arrived this morning and I can confirm it’s as Bi-Directional as per the original.

TD was Puretime and was the latest batch as I had to wait for some time for it to be back in stock before dispatching.

Thats weird I also ordered from Puretime back in November and received mine from the latest batch right before CNY and it was UNI-directional. What the heck is going on

Reactions: Ripgd

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Thats weird I also ordered from Puretime back in November and received mine from the latest batch right before CNY and it was UNI-directional. What the heck is going on
QC control is all whack because of sheer volume

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
QC control is all whack because of sheer volume

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Understandable with CNY
Is it a completely different bezel assembly to make it only ratchet one way? Is there a way to make my uni into a bi?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Received mine today. A sweet watch! Do you know if a rubber strap is already available for this model?

Ripgd

Looking Around
27/1/20
Yes, attempting to anyway. The screws won't budge at all.

Just returned from my local jeweller who I pad to change links.. returned an hour later, “we can’t I’m afraid sir, the screws are too tight, I’ve never come across it before”

I’m now stuck on what to do.

I did see a video on YouTube on how to do this yourself, and they suggested heating the screw area first- and by heating he basically had one of those mini blow torches and held it very near but obviously not directly at the watch.

I dont have any of the tools to do this myself, but could you perhaps try this and report back?

Ripgd

Looking Around
27/1/20

That’s really odd. Either way it’s a qc issue PT should sort, it’s clearly displayed on their ad as bi-directional so no reason it shouldn’t be

Sharky1528

Known Member
28/8/19
Ohio - USA
Just returned from my local jeweller who I pad to change links.. returned an hour later, “we can’t I’m afraid sir, the screws are too tight, I’ve never come across it before”

I’m now stuck on what to do.

I did see a video on YouTube on how to do this yourself, and they suggested heating the screw area first- and by heating he basically had one of those mini blow torches and held it very near but obviously not directly at the watch.

I dont have any of the tools to do this myself, but could you perhaps try this and report back?

You will need to heat the screws with mini torch for just a few seconds and then try and unscrew.. they got happy with the loctite for sure...

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I'm tempted by this watch.. I have so many PO, though... and the big blue is out also. Decisions, decisions...

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Newest batch. Just need to find a rubber strap for summer and test waterproofness.

the straps for the other version (BP i think) will fit this, I got the leather straps from them. I cannot recommend it however. the micro adjuster will make the bracelet way way way more comfortable than the leather would, especially since its it a padded leather and it looks like your wrist size is similar to mine. If you find an actual rubber strap, let us know. but that toolless microadjuster is going to be hard to beat

sunnydale

29/8/09
the straps for the other version (BP i think) will fit this, I got the leather straps from them. I cannot recommend it however. the micro adjuster will make the bracelet way way way more comfortable than the leather would, especially since its it a padded leather and it looks like your wrist size is similar to mine. If you find an actual rubber strap, let us know. but that toolless microadjuster is going to be hard to beat

Do you still have it? Some pics? I even consider the genuine one but they are stupidly expensive.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Do you still have it? Some pics? I even consider the genuine one but they are stupidly expensive.

Yeah I still have it, if you want scroll back a few pages I posted the pics of it mounted. I immediately swapped back to the bracelet because I just can't imagine wearing it. Maybe on someone with a bigger wrist but with my 6.75 it just feels like crappy replica material

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Sead clearly told me that BP rubber straps won't fit easily. :(

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
my original posts on it. not to say sead is wrong, but maybe he's talking about a different strap. because the leather fits fine

3dpsUkh

So this is the main purchase https://www.intime05.co/omega/6347-...nd-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8906-super-clone.html

I then asked him if he could source the straps from this for me, which he did. I fit them to make sure they would work, as he wasnt sure, but I didn't take any mounted shots because I don't yet have the clasp https://www.intime05.co/omega/3719-...el-sliver-numeral-on-leather-strap-a8605.html

Like I said though, while the strap fits (like a glove, it is perfect) the material is so stiff that I am not sure I can recommend it. It's not rubber. It's a padded leather strap with a rubber liner. I'll update once I get the clasp

Okay, a few more shots. I finally got the deployant clasp to go with the straps i bought. Honestly, the bracelet is amazing, so its not worth it. if you want leather, you can get the BP, it fits, it works, its actually pretty comfy. but overall, I would not recommend it. the fit and finish on the clasp is shit. the clasp feels chinatime. and there is no microadjustment. the bracelet feels like gen, and offer toolless micro adjustment. it just cant be compared. as well, the leather clasp has to fold inside the clasp, as opposed to outside like might, so while its more comfortable, its just super awkward because of how thick it is, full set of photos below
https://imgur.com/3dpsUkh
https://imgur.com/XtGxaAa
https://imgur.com/khtZroX caseback shot. you can see it fits really well
https://imgur.com/fTdwFXb
https://imgur.com/yWwAsGF wrist shot. you can see how it fits awkwardly compared to most. sure, the leather on wrist is more comfortable, but once you wear the bracelet and leather side by side, its a joke. ill put it on a nato before i rock this setup
https://imgur.com/xNEAwy9

So there you go. If anyone wants more shots, let me know. The BP does fit, but unless you absolutely want the leather factory look, its not a good choice. get any after market leather setup instead

Last edited:

sunnydale

29/8/09
Yeah I still have it, if you want scroll back a few pages I posted the pics of it mounted. I immediately swapped back to the bracelet because I just can't imagine wearing it. Maybe on someone with a bigger wrist but with my 6.75 it just feels like crappy replica material

Thanks, good to see pics! Maybe need to see if ad has it on leather and how the genuine feels like. But must be like 500 euros with the deployant.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Thanks, good to see pics! Maybe need to see if ad has it on leather and how the genuine feels like. But must be like 500 euros with the deployant.

That's a good point; it could be that's it's gen like with the rubber backing and it's just stiff. Certainly the clasp itself is pretty good, although I feel it looks more sandblasted than brushed