• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 600M 'Tai Chi'

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I think I mentioned when I first bought, I was worried about the durability. Ever since I had a watchsmith remount the movement to the case, this has been rock solid. I've actually been wearing it all winter as I learn how to snowboard; for those of you who know how difficult snowboarding is to learn I'm sure you can appreciate the abuse this watch has taken. Absolutely no issues with it ???? quickset hourhand still working great too, used it for travel just this week

StoofLeOuf

Horology Curious
1/12/19
Guys i received mine but brezel is unidirectional. Is it normal ? They had problems with bidirection?

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Guys i received mine but brezel is unidirectional. Is it normal ? They had problems with bidirection?

Who did you order from? Did you get the vsf or the BP? I understand the BP had a few bezel issues, such as that. The vsf is a super clone. If the bezel doesn't spin both ways you got robbed. Mine rotates bi-directional like gen

StoofLeOuf

Horology Curious
1/12/19
Who did you order from? Did you get the vsf or the BP? I understand the BP had a few bezel issues, such as that. The vsf is a super clone. If the bezel doesn't spin both ways you got robbed. Mine rotates bi-directional like gen

I bought from chazingtime. It is supposed to be a VSF :(

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
I bought from chazingtime. It is supposed to be a VSF :(

I know that post count does not equate to time spent in this hobby (I've been in this game since the 90's but only recently found these forums), so take this for what it is. It's not my intention to be condescending so please don't take this as such... I realize this is unsolicited advice but it could be useful for you or anyone else who may read this:

Follow the process here and it will be made right. Reach out to the TD in PM, explain your concerns and work towards a solution. If that fails, reach out via PM to the Mods and ask for help... whatever you do, DO NOT air your concerns in public. I've seen the results of that approach both here and over on RWG. It never goes well. The Mods are here for you and the TDs want to stay in good standing so they will want to make things right.

StoofLeOuf

Horology Curious
1/12/19
I understand your point fully. Thank you for this advice that i will follow. It was not my intention to air this problem in public, just to ask if it was one in fact. As it seems to be a new batch and as i am noob to rep world i was wondering if VSF stopped to make it bi-directionnal or not

Bill_C

21/10/19
I understand your point fully. Thank you for this advice that i will follow. It was not my intention to air this problem in public, just to ask if it was one in fact. As it seems to be a new batch and as i am noob to rep world i was wondering if VSF stopped to make it bi-directionnal or not

Yeah man, I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of airing your dirty laundry. You certainly are not. Your question is valid and should be asked and shared with the community. My post was meant to be more of a preemptive "now that you have identified a valid concern, you ought to proceed this way..."

Rest assured that your issue will be addressed. It will take time, so be patient, but know that the TD will want to set it right and the Mods are on your side.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I don't want to take the opposite stance, but maybe an alternate take: I maybe should not be concerned so much with where he got his watch from so much as his description. There was no info on this watch, then a few people like myself posted details describing it. Now this guy has the supposed new batch, and it's different. That's definitely fair game for public conversation; his source maybe not so much.

To your question, I don't know how you would tell what factory a watch is from. I'm under the impression that this information is usually crowd sourced. Maybe consider shooting some videos and pictures and posting up for a wider audience to see. Grab details like the bracelet clasp and the bezel action and caseback and stuff

Bill_C

21/10/19
I don't want to take the opposite stance, but maybe an alternate take: I maybe should not be concerned so much with where he got his watch from so much as his description. There was no info on this watch, then a few people like myself posted details describing it. Now this guy has the supposed new batch, and it's different. That's definitely fair game for public conversation; his source maybe not so much.

To your question, I don't know how you would tell what factory a watch is from. I'm under the impression that this information is usually crowd sourced. Maybe consider shooting some videos and pictures and posting up for a wider audience to see. Grab details like the bracelet clasp and the bezel action and caseback and stuff

Very valid points. I suppose my take was to assume that he got an "other than VSF" model due to the Super Rep status that VSF currently holds. It just seems hard to imagine that the new batch dropped the ball on something like that. That's not to say they couldn't LOL! That most certainly could be the case; I may just be myopic on the matter.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
as a minor point of semantics (especially since I said it myself), my personal opinion is that this is a super Rep, but not a Super Rep. It's not worth buying gen, but there is a very clear tell between the gen and the rep which is the lume. Right colors, but it's still rep level weakness. Even under normal lighting, you can kinda see the distortion of the material. Granted, you'd need to be insanely OCD to notice that, but that's why the community is here right?

(taken with a loupe and normal shot)

afw41.jpg

Last edited:

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
crazy. I'm also new to the rep game, so I'm not sure how long runs of certain models are supposed to go. But I do know it's not that uncommon for the factories to make changes to the reps. In this case, I would scream "bullshit" at a swap from bi-directional to uni, but I don't know. this thread was full of people waiting to buy, so maybe others will chime in as they receive the new batch

m800

Known Member
9/6/19
crazy. I'm also new to the rep game, so I'm not sure how long runs of certain models are supposed to go. But I do know it's not that uncommon for the factories to make changes to the reps. In this case, I would scream "bullshit" at a swap from bi-directional to uni, but I don't know. this thread was full of people waiting to buy, so maybe others will chime in as they receive the new batch

Mine will arrive on Monday, and I will report in about my bezel operation.

Mrpong

15/9/19
I think I mentioned when I first bought, I was worried about the durability. Ever since I had a watchsmith remount the movement to the case, this has been rock solid. I've actually been wearing it all winter as I learn how to snowboard; for those of you who know how difficult snowboarding is to learn I'm sure you can appreciate the abuse this watch has taken. Absolutely no issues with it ???? quickset hourhand still working great too, used it for travel just this week

May​ I ask why you asked a watchsmith to remount the movement? Something broken in movement? or Is there a flaw from VSF that I should be aware?

StoofLeOuf

Horology Curious
1/12/19

Here are a few photos and a video. http://imgur.com/gallery/jKqET9v

​​​​​

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
May​ I ask why you asked a watchsmith to remount the movement? Something broken in movement? or Is there a flaw from VSF that I should be aware?

Mine was running fast (although, marginally. I just like my watches to be perfect). When I went to take the caseback off, the movement popped loose. I dont know if it was glued in place, or if the case feet just werent set properly, but the watchsmith fixed it for all of $40 so whatever it was, wasnt a big deal. watch is now regulated, and taking the abuse of ski season like a champ

Reactions: Mrpong and leo6929